The Android Thread

StriKe

I have G3...agree that it looks like 1080p but that is because we don't have many higher resolution videos/pics available but check the sample videos provided with your handset ( will be in sample videos folder or something like that) - you will be bowled over by the UHD - way way better than full HD
Yep, the sample videos are out of the world. But I cannot capture similar videos in the camera. It's very good, but not like the sample ones. The magic focus option is really good. One thing I don't like is the phone is really slippery while holding. seems like I m gonna drop it any time :haha:

Yep' date=' the sample videos are out of the world. But I cannot capture similar videos in the camera. It's very good, but not like the sample ones. The magic focus option is really good. One thing I don't like is the phone is really slippery while holding. seems like I m gonna drop it any time :haha:[/quote'] I guess you need to record videos in 4K mode...but few mins will take GBs of space.. :giggle: With Nexus 6/Note 4 also having QHD screen, expect more apps to offer this resolution...many icon packs in 3rd party launchers are already updated for QHD You dint buy the Q-flip cover? I got it and it is not slippery...the clock and apps displayed is awesome.. Got used to the back buttons and tapping screen to wake up....way better than the side buttons...only problem is that I look like a fool when I tap the screen of my other phone ( Galaxy S4)

I guess you need to record videos in 4K mode...but few mins will take GBs of space.. :giggle: With Nexus 6/Note 4 also having QHD screen, expect more apps to offer this resolution...many icon packs in 3rd party launchers are already updated for QHD You dint buy the Q-flip cover? I got it and it is not slippery...the clock and apps displayed is awesome.. Got used to the back buttons and tapping screen to wake up....way better than the side buttons...only problem is that I look like a fool when I tap the screen of my other phone ( Galaxy S4)
:haha: I don't have any problems with the games or icons. They are really good. ANd the LG smartworld has lots of themes and fonts. I have the q flip too, the matte finish in the back cover is slippery for me. http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showpost.php?p=3156571&postcount=497

Could not find Apple thread so posting here...Issue is anyway same for Android as well... Stupid lawsuit :haha: Apple Sued Over iPhone And iPad Storage Space From link :- The plaintiffs argue that while Apple advertises 16 gigabytes of digital storage on lower price models of gadgets such as iPhones, about a fifth of that is eaten up by the latest operating software. The percentage of space touted as available for digital content such as photos, video, or music shrinks further on Apple gadgets built with eight gigabytes of storage, it is claimed. ... They also complain that once Apple gadget owners reach limits to data storage, they are prompted to pay monthly fees for digital locker space online at the Californian based-firm's iCloud service. The lawsuit says: "Using these sharp business tactics, (Apple) gives less storage capacity than advertised, only to offer to sell that capacity in a desperate moment, eg when a consumer is trying to record or take photos at a child or grandchild's recital, basketball game or wedding. ... Lawyers behind the suit are seeking class action status along with punishments that include Apple turning over all profits from sales of gadgets at issue in the case. ------------------ :giggle:

My wife has been given iPhone 6 by her employer yesterday 2 months after I gifted her an LG G3 :banghead: Kanjoos that I am, I don't want to gift either of them to anyone ( there are some hungry souls from her family side but I even convinced my wife that we might need our brick Nokia phone in emergency to avoid giving it to them :two_thumbs_up: ) . I myself have S4 and Nexus. Can some kind soul advise me on how to handle this delicate situation? I know these phones become obsolete quickly so "keep a phone in locker" and bring it out after one phone dies is not very appealing.

If you are gonna store if keep batter at 60 :p Anyway seriously ..you can sell iPhone after month or so and still get same money or little bit less so it's upto you which you wanna keep .. I'd ton see point of keeping so many phones . If ur wife does not WANs iphone sell your s4 and keep iphone that way you can enjoy both OS ..

If you are gonna store if keep batter at 60 :p Anyway seriously ..you can sell iPhone after month or so and still get same money or little bit less so it's upto you which you wanna keep .. I'd ton see point of keeping so many phones . If ur wife does not WANs iphone sell your s4 and keep iphone that way you can enjoy both OS ..
Thanks. We have too many phones and chargers in our house ( I dint even mention my wife's Blackberry :giggle: ) One option is to convert the iPhone to BYOD by my wife ( basically return the BB and use iPhone as work phone ). She is trying to check if that can be done as the company ( Infy ) had BB as its work device since many years. If they are giving iPhone, then maybe they will allow iPhone as work phone. If that does not work out, your suggestion is to sell the older phones and keep iPhone? Or sell iPhone ( as it will get lot more money and iPhone is like a sore thumb anyway when we have all android devices and google stuff ).

I do not know how invested you are in Google but most normal free Google stuff works on iPhone well .. Also iPhone is newer than anything you have right now and will last 1 year more I believe so it's your decision I have lot of apps on Google play so it's not even option for me anymore and I would have sold it and used money to buy phone next year but let your wife decide :nervous: