The Android Thread

StriKe

Something strange is happening to the WiFi in my Nexus 5 - I have WiFi at home and for the last few days the Nexus keeps disconnecting after a few hours (and then again connects after a few hours) even when Internet is working on other phones/laptops etc. Today I reset the phone but after about 4 hours of resetting, WiFi is again not connecting.

Something strange is happening to the WiFi in my Nexus 5 - I have WiFi at home and for the last few days the Nexus keeps disconnecting after a few hours (and then again connects after a few hours) even when Internet is working on other phones/laptops etc. Today I reset the phone but after about 4 hours of resetting' date=' WiFi is again not connecting.[/quote'] can you check number of allowed WiFi connections ?? i usually set it to 2 , but sometimes i have 3 or 4 devices will be trying to connect to WiFi

can you check number of allowed WiFi connections ?? i usually set it to 2 , but sometimes i have 3 or 4 devices will be trying to connect to WiFi
Nah. Everyone in my house uses WiFi so number of connections is high. Also, I've had this WiFi for 2 years but never had any problem of disconnection (its a different matter that its BSNL so the internet doesn't work from ISP's side many times - but thats a different issue) - this just started in the last 15-20 days. Even happens on my laptop. It'll be working fine for many hours and suddenly it just disconnects for 4-5 hours while Internet is working on other phones/laptops.

Nah. Everyone in my house uses WiFi so number of connections is high. Also' date=' I've had this WiFi for 2 years but never had any problem of disconnection (its a different matter that its BSNL so the internet doesn't work from ISP's side many times - but thats a different issue) - this just started in the last 15-20 days. Even happens on my laptop. It'll be working fine for many hours and suddenly it just disconnects for 4-5 hours while Internet is working on other phones/laptops.[/quote'] so it also happens on laptop ? clearly its ur wifi acting up if more than 1 device is causing problem.

so it also happens on laptop ? clearly its ur wifi acting up if more than 1 device is causing problem.
Yeah...I also think so because its happening even after I reset my phone - if there was anything wrong with the phone then it should have been alright after a factory reset. I've called Airtel guys - they will come tomorrow....hopefully I will get around 4MBPS in my area from them :pray:

I had exact same issue - get Airtel to install Dlink router cum modem ( for free - they will do - use logic/threat). Airtel's older modems have this issue with power...they keep going on and off after an year or so...I had exact same issue ( which I am sure I mentioned here in ICF ) and after the replacement, no issues so far ( 6 months and counting ) :two_thumbs_up:

I had exact same issue - get Airtel to install Dlink router cum modem ( for free - they will do - use logic/threat). Airtel's older modems have this issue with power...they keep going on and off after an year or so...I had exact same issue ( which I am sure I mentioned here in ICF ) and after the replacement, no issues so far ( 6 months and counting ) :two_thumbs_up:
I currently have BSNL and it sucks. So I have called Airtel guys for a new connection.

S6 looks very similar to iphone 6 .. anyway for me iPhone 5S looks far more better than iphone 6.. S6 might have touch id type fingerprint scanner and also most probably it will have apple pay kind of utility only for US and canada).. anyway android fanboys got lots of options for a premium phones .. lg g4 , sony z4 and htc m9.. personally i might like htc m9 more than pthers

iOS8 must be really poor then. Lollipop was released far from finished, which was really annoying
ios 8 on older devices was painful my ipad restarted for 2 whole months while web browsing and only recently got fixed but now battery is crap..(i have ipad air ) these companies need to slow down a bit and polish releases for 1 year ..

ios 8 on older devices was painful my ipad restarted for 2 whole months while web browsing and only recently got fixed but now battery is crap..(i have ipad air ) these companies need to slow down a bit and polish releases for 1 year ..
Older devices ? I have 5s it crashed multiple times and went to safe mode and also it eats lot of memory. I have 16 fb on my phone and it useless to install iOS 8.

Older devices ? I have 5s it crashed multiple times and went to safe mode and also it eats lot of memory. I have 16 fb on my phone and it useless to install iOS 8.
older is any device it did not came pre-installed with that is iphone 6 and later .. my ipad is newer than 5s and i still called it old :giggle: