Whose batting do u enjoy the most?

chakde

I am being biased here, but i personally think the entire Indian batting lineup is fantastic to watch. Indian batsmen are simply unmatched in the entertainment stakes. I don't enjoy watching other teams' batsmen anywhere near as much. Sure, the likes of Ponting and Hayden are run machines, but there is no element of artistry or aesthetic charm to their batting. They are all brutal and effective strokeplayers who know how to put runs on the board; which is fine but not exactly entertaining. Batsmen like Justin Langer were boundary hitters by nature, but they weren't entertaining. Jaffer, Tendulkar, Laxman on song are pure class - almost every boundary they hit intentionally is picture perfect; those wristy flicks, the late drives and cuts which find the narrowest of gaps, not to mention those imperious drives on the offside. Dravid can be dour quite often, but the quality of his strokeplay is exceptional as well. These guys just caress the ball for boundaries over and over...it's incredible. The only non-Indian batsmen i enjoyed watching just as much were Lara, Martyn, Mark Waugh, Anwar - it's a really short list though, and unfortunately all four guys are retired now.

@predator wat abt bevan??
He was a great player; nudged and nurdled for 1s and 2s, ran like a hare between the wickets and won Australia matches from precarious positions. Exciting ODI player. He won AUS the ODI series in India back in '01 with a chanceless fifty at Goa in the 5th ODI - the moment he got in, he never looked like getting out. But he hardly played any Test cricket and he just wasn't in same class as say, Mark Waugh or Martyn

Following Batsmen when they're in flow SRT (His leg glances and backfoot punch) Ricky Ponting (hooks and pulls) Rahul Dravid (Cover drives) Ganguly (Down the ground sixes to spinners) Gilli's (cut shots)

Id have to agree with Predator ... the Indian batsman are truly a treat to watch ... the Australians are effective but they are essentially just brutes who get forward and power the ball to the boundaries. Only a few players have that element of timing and class and suberb wristy strokes in the aussie team ... Martyn had it , Ponting has it (mostly), Hussey has it (mostly) ... however Hayden, Symonds, and in England the likes of Pietersen most definitely dont have it. I respect batsman that can just tap the ball and send the ball racing to the boundary. Gilchrist can do that but that is mostly bat speed and excellent timing ... but I still love watching Gilchrist bat. If I had to name my top 10 batsman (in terms of who I love to watch bat) 1. VVS Laxman 2. Sachin Tendulkar 3. Sourav Ganguly 4. Damien Martyn 5. Brian Lara 6. Adam Gilchrist 7. Rahul Dravid 8. Michael Vaughan 9. Michael Hussey 10. Wasim Jaffer