Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Here's Tendulkar's Multan innings - it has most balls he played. Check around 15 minutes or so - Tendulkar scored the last 44 runs of 53 balls. The field looks to be relatively spread for bowlers. Most of the times there are no slips with long ons/offs and sweepers. Saqlain Mushtaq drops Tendulkar when he's on 176! -9Zn2H-hBcs

Its just your perception he wasn't scoring fast. But he was, as demonstrated by cold statistics. Let's not try and pretend that isn't the case dude. As I said before one of the bad things was that he didn't get enough number of deliveries to play, in fact after Sehwag dismissal, Sachin got to play hardly a third of the deliveries. Laxman gobbled up a lot for very little runs, and Yuvraj atleast got going at a run a ball. Another two more overs and it would not have been any less convincing isn't it? We won with nearly a full day remaining in the match. Further, Sachin was told he'd get a set amount of time to make his double and that's why he didn't panic but against what'd been agreed was called off much earlier. That's not exactly 'keeping your woed' is it? If he was so adamant about a win, why didn't Dravid declare when Sehwag got out? India were 550 plus by then. And Tendulkar had a 150 as well.
Sehwag was out when the Indian score was 509. Tendulkar got to 150 when it was 556-3. Dravid basically wanted to give 15 overs odd to Pakistan. It's a pretty common tactic in Test matches to give around 12-15 overs because it is just enough for fast bowlers to bowl their new ball spell (2 days of rest) and the opening batsmen don't settle down as well, they have to start again the next day. Personally, it was not a great declaration by Dravid. However, lets not make up points to punch him up.
Its just your perception he wasn't scoring fast. But he was, as demonstrated by cold statistics. Let's not try and pretend that isn't the case dude. As I said before one of the bad things was that he didn't get enough number of deliveries to play, in fact after Sehwag dismissal, Sachin got to play hardly a third of the deliveries. Laxman gobbled up a lot for very little runs, and Yuvraj atleast got going at a run a ball.
Did you watch this passage of play? If not, then I strongly recommend that you watch it (if footage is available).
Another two more overs and it would not have been any less convincing isn't it? We won with nearly a full day remaining in the match.
Dravid could not have possibly known that on Day # 2.
Further, Sachin was told he'd get a set amount of time to make his double and that's why he didn't panic but against what'd been agreed was called off much earlier. That's not exactly 'keeping your woed' is it? If he was so adamant about a win, why didn't Dravid declare when Sehwag got out? India were 550 plus by then. And Tendulkar had a 150 as well.
Teams have lost after scoring 550 in an innings. When you are batting first and getting a big score, you want to ensure that you don't have to bat again.

Seems like while Sachin might hiave retired the sachinistas are going no where and are ready for a final stand. A few things abt this incident which ppl seem to want to use to make our first series win in Pak controversial: 1) By Sachin's own admission, he was told twice to get on with it and score runs quickly which shouldnt have been hard as i distinctly remember how defllated the Pak attack seemed at the time. Yuvi was hitting for fun and even if getting the strike was such an issue just asking Yuvi to give him the strike would have done the trick. 2) We had enough of a lead and there was no gauarantee that Pak wiuldnt score as many runs so we needed to get them to bat quick and have a go at them in the last session and have enough overs in the day to make some kind of impact. Any noob cricket fan would know this. 3) i also find it interesting on how sachin is willing to put all the blame on dravid for this when he was a stand in captain. anyone who knows dravid and his personality would know that he wouldnt take a unilateral decision like this. sachin gives a clean chit to sourav and wright here. 4) We won the match! Stop whining!! Move on! Mark Taylor was once at 334* and could have easily scored 40 more runs and made the world record but he didnt and declared

Sehwag was out when the Indian score was 509. Tendulkar got to 150 when it was 556-3. Dravid basically wanted to give 15 overs odd to Pakistan. It's a pretty common tactic in Test matches to give around 12-15 overs because it is just enough for fast bowlers to bowl their new ball spell (2 days of rest) and the opening batsmen don't settle down as well, they have to start again the next day. Personally, it was not a great declaration by Dravid. However, lets not make up points to punch him up.
Ok, I meant declaration at the time when Sachin scored the 150. 560 is a fantastic first innings score. And if you can't defend 560, surely you can't defend 650? Yes, but we are talking about just 2 overs more. Pakistan openers faced 16 overs that day, ended up 42 for no loss. No huge difference between 14 or 16 but if Sachin scored that 200, then it would be again more morale boost for Indians while despair for Pakistanis. Plus it also gave unnecessary rise to all these discussions, didn't it? Just two more overs and none of these would've happened. Come on.
Seems like while Sachin might hiave retired the sachinistas are going no where and are ready for a final stand. A few things abt this incident which ppl seem to want to use to make our first series win in Pak controversial: 1) By Sachin's own admission, he was told twice to get on with it and score runs quickly which shouldnt have been hard as i distinctly remember how defllated the Pak attack seemed at the time. Yuvi was hitting for fun and even if getting the strike was such an issue just asking Yuvi to give him the strike would have done the trick. 2) We had enough of a lead and there was no gauarantee that Pak wiuldnt score as many runs so we needed to get them to bat quick and have a go at them in the last session and have enough overs in the day to make some kind of impact. Any noob cricket fan would know this. 3) i also find it interesting on how sachin is willing to put all the blame on dravid for this when he was a stand in captain. anyone who knows dravid and his personality would know that he wouldnt take a unilateral decision like this. sachin gives a clean chit to sourav and wright here. 4) We won the match! Stop whining!! Move on! Mark Taylor was once at 334* and could have easily scored 40 more runs and made the world record but he didnt and declared
Have you read the book really? If yes you would make a mockery of yourself here like this
Teams have lost after scoring 550 in an innings. When you are batting first and getting a big score, you want to ensure that you don't have to bat again.
The team losing after scoring 550 batting first has only happened three times in the history of Test cricket - 2 Australia (v England 1894, v India 2003 - Adelaide), 1 England (v Australia 2006 - Adelaide). Overall, it has happened 2 more times - Pakistan (v Australia 1972 MCG) bat and Bangladesh (v WI 2012) - both 1st innings 2nd bat. I am just giving statistics. I don't agree/disagree with your argument - I have also posted a video on Tendulkar's Multan innings on spread fields. Check it out.
Ok, I meant declaration at the time when Sachin scored the 150. 560 is a fantastic first innings score. And if you can't defend 560, surely you can't defend 650? Yes, but we are talking about just 2 overs more. Pakistan openers faced 16 overs that day, ended up 42 for no loss. No huge difference between 14 or 16 but if Sachin scored that 200, then it would be again more morale boost for Indians while despair for Pakistanis. Plus it also gave unnecessary rise to all these discussions, didn't it? Just two more overs and none of these would've happened. Come on.
1. If you declared at 560, you would be giving more overs to Pakistan. You want to give them just about 12-14 where they know they can't do much. They are tired and looking through go to stumps. 2. You can't use Pakistan's score EOD to justify your decision - hindsight is 20/20 3. I have already said that the declaration was a bad decision. Tendulkar could be given 2 more overs.

Tendulkar's quote from the book on Multan Declaration

“At tea-time, I asked stand-in skipper Rahul Dravid, who was in charge because Sourav was out with a back injury, and coach John Wright what the plan was. I was informed, we were looking to give Pakistan an hour to bat, so would put them in with 15 overs left on the second day. It was perfectly sensible and I went about my business after tea with this plan in mind.” “But then, a little more than half an hour into the post-tea session, Ramesh Powar, who was substituting in the game came on the field and asked me to accelerate. I even joked with him, saying I was aware that we needed quick runs but with the field totally spread out, there was only so much we could do”, he writes. “A little later, when I was on 194, he came out again and said I should try and get my double hundred in that over itself because Rahul had decided to declare. I was startled to say the least, because in my mind I still had 12 balls in which to score the remaining six runs before 15 overs were left for the day”, Tendulkar writes.

One man towering over evryone else was Multan test allabout..Brutal annihilation of Pak bowling and a historic win,..Only one name stands out...no one cares other than some Dravid haters about that declaration...simply because Multan means Virendar Sehwag...:dance:

Dravid just thought Tendulkar wasn't scoring quickly enough, hence got pissed and declared. After Dravid came to him after few days to tell him he will get enough chances to make 200 in future. Tendulkar Response was "I will have to start from 0 next time *crying *crying". He just cared about his stupid records his entire career.

It was the last day of the Test match and Gautam Gambhir and Yuvraj were both in the seventies. Yet again there was talk of a possible declaration in the dressing room. It was being argued that we needed to declare immediately and put the English in for some thirty overs so that we could try and force a win. I intervened and stopped the declaration. Dhoni was our captain then and Gary Kirsten our coach. I said that I had been in this situation before and did not want a repeat of what had happened to me. There was no way we could win the game by putting the English in after lunch. There was not enough time – particularly because on each day so far, play had finished early because the light in Mohali did not last long and the last day was expected to be no different. In such a situation, what was the point of declaring and depriving the two batsmen of the chance to get their hundreds?
It was the last day of the Test match and Gautam Gambhir and Yuvraj were both in the seventies. Yet again there was talk of a possible declaration in the dressing room. It was being argued that we needed to declare immediately and put the English in for some thirty overs so that we could try and force a win. I intervened and stopped the declaration. Dhoni was our captain then and Gary Kirsten our coach. I said that I had been in this situation before and did not want a repeat of what had happened to me. There was no way we could win the game by putting the English in after lunch. There was not enough time – particularly because on each day so far, play had finished early because the light in Mohali did not last long and the last day was expected to be no different. In such a situation, what was the point of declaring and depriving the two batsmen of the chance to get their hundreds?
Wow, so he was able to prevail over the captain and coach and get a declaration postponed so individual contributors reach their respective personal milestones. No wonder this guy didn't want Chappell in the dressing room. There was no way Chappell was going to heed that kind of advice.
The team losing after scoring 550 batting first has only happened three times in the history of Test cricket - 2 Australia (v England 1894' date=' [b']v India 2003 - Adelaide), 1 England (v Australia 2006 - Adelaide). Overall, it has happened 2 more times - Pakistan (v Australia 1972 MCG) bat and Bangladesh (v WI 2012) - both 1st innings 2nd bat. I am just giving statistics. I don't agree/disagree with your argument - I have also posted a video on Tendulkar's Multan innings on spread fields. Check it out.
Yes, it is rare. The Adelaide Test when India turned the tables on Aus after Aus had scored 550+ in the first innings would have been fresh in Dravid's memory. That Test had happened just 3 months ago. Moreover, when you bat first and score big, you want to ensure that you don't have to bat again in the match. And as you yourself had mentioned, giving the opposition just enough overs at the end of the day where they aren't able to get set and score freely, but just look for survival.
Dravid just thought Tendulkar wasn't scoring quickly enough, hence got pissed and declared. After Dravid came to him after few days to tell him he will get enough chances to make 200 in future. Tendulkar Response was "I will have to start from 0 next time *crying *crying". He just cared about his stupid records his entire career.
source?
Yes, it is rare. The Adelaide Test when India turned the tables on Aus after Aus had scored 550+ in the first innings would have been fresh in Dravid's memory. That Test had happened just 3 months ago. Moreover, when you bat first and score big, you want to ensure that you don't have to bat again in the match. And as you yourself had mentioned, giving the opposition just enough overs at the end of the day where they aren't able to get set and score freely, but just look for survival.
16 or 14 overs are the same. And were agreed upon. But Dravid sold Tendulkar down the road. Selfish bechara.
No change from the stereotype Sirji...men in this country expect woman to take **** from their parents' date='deal with the parents while they choose to be the good son.........he just started it before marriage...that is the only change.[/quote'] He was hardly 22. She was 26. She was a good communicator and knew how to impress people. He was not. Just ridiculous that you find it a problem, when both of them didn't. Remember a situation when I was 21, my girlfriend was 22. My parents knew her, but were unsure about our true depth of "friendship". One day she went and talked to my mother about our relationship. It happens. And I am not least ashamed for it. My mom was fond of her and it made logical sense for her to break the news. We were both financially independent but she was always more level headed and mature. I just didn't possess the nuance to present these things. So I was pleasantly surprised to read about this instance.
Dravid just thought Tendulkar wasn't scoring quickly enough' date=' hence got pissed and declared. [b']After Dravid came to him after few days to tell him he will get enough chances to make 200 in future. Tendulkar Response was "I will have to start from 0 next time *crying *crying". He just cared about his stupid records his entire career.
That is what is more irritating.