Kaththi

Mariyam

NO ONE makes a movie to please an 'Int. jury' and if they do please the juries in such festivals where 'good' movies from all around the world is shown to the audience then its a thumbs up. To see the down side of it shows how desperate you are to defend Telugu movies.
Wow...just wow...I never said there were no telugu movies praised or nominated in international film festivals,etc...I don't know them at back of my mind ( except Eega which I mentioned ). My question was on the yardstick... And we can see who is desperate to put an Industry down

Seriously what's the deal with Magadheera? Lol! Overrating such shyte movies is the main issue in such industry. Give me a movie like Peetamaghan or Thanmatra in the last decade in Telugu.
Well ... some people don't like movies like Peethamagan ( I consider it an average movie ) and consider it a shyte movie....will you force them and say it is a master piece? Same with magadheera - technical execution of period setting re-creation was exemplary...if you don't agree...fine

all you guys can fight as long as you want about whose movies are better. but at the end of the day, even the very best of our movies are struggling to make the cut amongst the youth and cinephiles in the international arena. for example just look at the craze of south korean movies these days. They are not very expensive for hollywood standards, but they make movies which will make even hollywood producers blush. japanese manga/anime and samurai movies chinese wuxia or kung fu movies french comedies italian dramas to be very frank, Indian films are no where compared to all these industries forget hollywood. Indian movies make a lot of money, but quality wise, other than rare genius by a few film makers now and then - nowhere near international standards. at the end of the day Indians fighting amongst themselves about whose movies are superior is like frogs in well fighting about which one can leap higher. There are bigger animals out there outside the well. so peace!

Wow...just wow...I never said there were no telugu movies praised or nominated in international film festivals,etc...I don't know them at back of my mind ( except Eega which I mentioned ). My question was on the yardstick... And we can see who is desperate to put an Industry down
I don't need to force to put it down, its already lame. I have tamil, northie friends who actually watch the dub Telugu movies at night to have a laugh at serious plots. Not that other industries are perfect but Telugu is unbearable.

Well ... some people don't like movies like Peethamagan ( I consider it an average movie ) and consider it a shyte movie....will you force them and say it is a master piece? Same with magadheera - technical execution of period setting re-creation was exemplary...if you don't agree...fine
Technically, may be. I am not sure. I am talking about the movie in general, what matters in a movie is its plot, directing and acting as such- I was talking about that. And no Peethamagan might not be masterpiece but surely better than any Telugu movie in the last decade.

^^^^ What you say is true but we do all this 'trolling' for a bit of time pass...If we all agree we are all ***** and talk like Mahatma Gandhi, there is no spice... When I am in a bit of mood for leg pulling, I come and do that...I am sure others in this thread are like that too....I don't get a % from telugu film revenue and I think others dont get from Malayalam and Tamil industry ( or wait...maybe they do as they are unable to accept the greatness of telugu movie :winky: )

:giggle: Enjoy our remakes - wanted, Rowdy Rathod :two_thumbs_up: We will continue to fill the intellectual vacuum in Bollywood...It is our duty :isalute: Meanwhile enjoy this Bollywood song DZeyvj5th6c
Brother, Bollywood makes these movies even worse. Just 'cause its been made into a remake it doesn't make the original good. Just like Knight & Day- its a lame movie but remade into Bolly. @Mariyam- That just proves how shyte Bolly is!

I don't need to force to put it down' date=' its already lame. I have tamil, northie friends who actually watch the dub Telugu movies at night to have a laugh at serious plots. Not that other industries are perfect but Telugu is unbearable.[/quote'] Personally I can't stand recent Tamil and Hindi movies...no story, stone acting and not even a comedy angle...to each his own :two_thumbs_up:

Personally I can't stand recent Tamil and Hindi movies...no story' date=' stone acting and not even a comedy angle...to each his own :two_thumbs_up:[/quote'] Yeah, just my opinion. But its not like Telugu doesn't have good actors, this is something I have heard from my friend who said actors are their, but they are not allowed to come up. Similar fate wit the directors.

Technically' date=' may be. I am not sure. I am talking about the movie in general, what matters in a movie is its plot, directing and acting as such- I was talking about that. And no Peethamagan might not be masterpiece but surely better than any Telugu movie in the last decade.[/quote'] Cinematography, Camera angles and other technical aspects are as much part of a movie as plot and acting - in my book...Surprised you don't recognize technical mastery... On Pithamagan, I already mentioned my opinion

Cinematography, Camera angles and other technical aspects are as much part of a movie as plot and acting - in my book...Surprised you don't recognize technical mastery... On Pithamagan, I already mentioned my opinion
So you do agree you gotta have both. Telugu usually don't, and that's where the issue lies. Few of the camera angles even in Telugu are as absurd as any. But that's not just in Telugu, its all over in most commercial flicks nowadays which is annoying as ****.

I am telugu but born and bought up in mumbai and middle east. I grew up watching hindi movies only with few regional movies like marathi, telugu and malayalam(because of the vast population of them present in gulf). For me all indian movies are same. Choosing which is better is like deciding which is better among the worst. Coming to telugu movies my first telugu movie was magadeera and my hubby had to drag me to the theatre in usa so unwilling was i. yes there was overacting especially by that guy called srinath(RIP) but what astounded me was the SETS. Here i was thinking how great the set in jodha akbar was and then i realized how shoddy and amateurish the set was in jodha akbar. Also i liked the hero and then i realized how much living in mumbai had made me think negatively of south indian actors regarding their looks. My second film was dokudu (mahesh babu) and i loved it. It was mainly because of comedy in it. and i realized one thing comedy is very good in telugu movies( i have seen a few more movies now) I have never enjoyed comedy in hindi movies at all. That is the one of the main reasons i enjoy telugu movies. Eaga/Makki is a way more superior product than any of the scifi movies in hindi and tamil out there and as good as any hollywood movie. I don't know how malyalam movies are now. But i used to watch few with sub titles in gulf and they were damn damn good. even if telugu movies may not experiment at all hindi/tamil hardly make 3-4 movies a year that was different and not all of them are good.

My friend who is a Telugu guy grew up in Kerala and watches Mallu movies(not the kind of mallu movies that can be universally understood :--D) but the more commercial stuff. He was watching a movie with this langoor hero who apparently was Mamooty's son ....same commercial crap and same nepotism......This is not a problem with Telugu or Tamil or Hindi films but a problem with Indian films in general.

from a long time dude for example in 16 vayathinile the hero doesnt return and the movie ends in a limbo but in the remake seetha koka chiluka (parrot) ... hero returns in ramana remake, stalin - chiru gets only 5 years jail sentence like this so many movies. if the movie ends in tragedy, movie dies. but there is an exception to this rule - telugu people will watch tragedy endings in dubbing movies. so pithamagan etc... are decent hits for dubbing movie range.
latest vinnaithaandi varuvaya - in tamil version the climax is practical - hero and heroine don't reunite. but in telugu version they reunite in filmy fashion. result, hits in both states.

I am telugu but born and bought up in mumbai and middle east. I grew up watching hindi movies only with few regional movies like marathi' date= telugu and malayalam(because of the vast population of them present in gulf). For me all indian movies are same. Choosing which is better is like deciding which is better among the worst. Coming to telugu movies my first telugu movie was magadeera and my hubby had to drag me to the theatre in usa so unwilling was i. yes there was overacting especially by that guy called srinath(RIP) but what astounded me was the SETS. Here i was thinking how great the set in jodha akbar was and then i realized how shoddy and amateurish the set was in jodha akbar. Also i liked the hero and then i realized how much living in mumbai had made me think negatively of south indian actors regarding their looks. My second film was dokudu (mahesh babu) and i loved it. It was mainly because of comedy in it. and i realized one thing comedy is very good in telugu movies( i have seen a few more movies now) I have never enjoyed comedy in hindi movies at all. That is the one of the main reasons i enjoy telugu movies. Eaga/Makki is a way more superior product than any of the scifi movies in hindi and tamil out there and as good as any hollywood movie. I don't know how malyalam movies are now. But i used to watch few with sub titles in gulf and they were damn damn good. even if telugu movies may not experiment at all hindi/tamil hardly make 3-4 movies a year that was different and not all of them are good.
:blink:

Guys...As I mentioned, I am NOT a telugu guy and I have not seen many telugu movies...I will pick the 2 points raised and give my view...you can choose to disagree No sad ending movies 1. One of the greatest sad ending movies is Geethanjali ( both hero and heroine are terminally ill )..Made by Mani Rathnam but with a telugu hero Nagarjuna - massive hit in telugu 2. Naalugu Sthambaalata - tragic story of 2 couples 2. Recently - Chakram with mass star Prabhas - he is a cancer patient Vedam - Allu Arjun ( mass star in telugu ) - dies in movie
dude, we are talking about present tense... vedam came about 5 years back and is probably the only exception to the rule.. the rest are all.. poor Mahesh babu tried to raise the standard by committing himself to the stunning 1-nennokodine.. but its fate :((

I have seen a lot of north Indians really into Telugu movies....they watch dubbed versions on youtube or the original versions with subtitiles...the only reason being yes they might be illogical and brainless but can't deny the fact they are more entertaining than most Hindi commercial movies or other SOuth Indian languages Having said that I only watch a Telugu movie if it is really different and critically acclaimed or if it is unbeleivably entertaining with lots of comedy...don't watch every crap there is or because I like a particular hero.