Kaththi

Mariyam

Telugu film is the Greatest Indian film ever made - link New Delhi: Telugu film 'Mayabazar' has topped the poll conducted by IBNLive to find out India's greatest film till date. Malayalam film 'Manichitrathazhu' came 2nd while another Malayalam film 'Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha' grabbed the 3rd spot. Almost every big name of Telugu, Tamil and Kannada film industry was associated with Kadri Venkata Reddy's film 'Mayabazar', which was released in 1957. Be it cinematography or be it music, this film was a pioneer in every sense. The theme of the film threw a new light on the events of Mahabharata. Apart from being the highest grossing film in 1993 in Malayalam cinema, 'Manichitrathazhu' had superlative performance from actress Shobhana who went on to win the National Award for it. Directed by Fazil, the film's success and different story line led to remaking of the film in Hindi, Bangla, Tamil and Telugu - all of which were huge hits. Mammootty won the Best Actor National Award for portraying the role of a wronged Chekavar warrior 'Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha' (1989). This Malayalam film was a period drama directed by Hariharan. The other films which finished in top ten are 'Pather Panchali', 'Nayagan', 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Shiva', 'Thoovanathumbikal', 'Vanaprastham' and 'Sholay'. The poll was conducted to find out the popular notion about India's taste in films. It was also a part of the celebrations of Indian cinema completing 100 years. The poll constituted a list of 100 films from different Indian languages. These films have been selected after conducting extended research about the content and treatment of the projects. The list contained films which have influenced the popular culture in a big way but this was not the only criteria. Opinions were also taken from experts in order to zero down on the films that deserved to be put on the list. The results are as per the public opinion and are not biased in any sense. You can see the name of the films featured in the poll here. We thank everyone for taking part in the poll. You can also take a look at our 100 great films -------------------------- :yay:

right now malayalam industry is churning out a few movies every year which are very close to the international format wrt screenplay and narration (also no songs, unnecessary larger than life characters and unwanted comedy tracks) tamil movies are very good too. they make the best commercial movies in India. but they still have heroes bashing up 20 guys at a time and song/dance routines. but still best commercial movies these days. hindi movies which are produced for the mass market are embarrassing for any self respecting educated Indian. but the movies made for niche audience by filmmakers like Vishal Bharadwaj and Kashyap etc.. are simply delicious. Quality wise Haider is the best Indian movie this year. The main difference b/w Tamil movies and Hindi movies is that, Tamil mass audience will also accept experimental movies by top stars and as a result will become big hits. Whereas experimental movies in hindi are for niche class audience - which dont make enuf money Telugu industry is caught in a vicious loop. Audience wont accept experiments, but they complain about the lack of variety. they wont encourage any new hero unless he is the scion of a famous actor, but they cry about nepotism. WTF do they want? they themselves dont know. :cantstop:

right now malayalam industry is churning out a few movies every year which are very close to the international format wrt screenplay and narration (also no songs, unnecessary larger than life characters and unwanted comedy tracks) tamil movies are very good too. they make the best commercial movies in India. but they still have heroes bashing up 20 guys at a time and song/dance routines. but still best commercial movies these days. hindi movies which are designed for the mass market are embarrassing for any self respecting educated Indian. but the movies made for niche audience by makers like Vishal Bharadwaj and Kashyap etc.. are simply delicious. Quality wise Haider is the best Indian movie this year. The main difference b/w Tamil movies and Hindi movies is that, Tamil mass audience will also accept experimental movies by top stars and as a result will become big hits. Whereas experimental movies in hindi are for niche class audience - which dont make enuf money Telugu industry is caught in a vicious loop. Audience wont accept experiments, but they complain about the lack of variety. they wont encourage any new hero unless he is the scion of a famous actor, but they cry about nepotism. WTF do they want? they themselves dont know. :cantstop:
It helps if you know the Industry well...As a non-telugu guy who stays in Hyderabad and learnt the language, I can tell that what you wrote is so far from truth it is not even funny... Go and watch Magadheera - period film made couple of years ago and tell me which Industry makes a film like that with top actors ( even any actors) Eega - dubbed in hindi as Makkhi...it is height of experimentation where story is told from a housefly perspective...I don't even want to go onto the technical mastery of the film :two_thumbs_up:

^ Very good post dood. My telugu friend says that if there is a "negative" climax in a movie, like the hero dies, the movie is a bomb for sure. Is it true?
from a long time dude for example in 16 vayathinile the hero doesnt return and the movie ends in a limbo but in the remake seetha koka chiluka (parrot) ... hero returns in ramana remake, stalin - chiru gets only 5 years jail sentence like this so many movies. if the movie ends in tragedy, movie dies. but there is an exception to this rule - telugu people will watch tragedy endings in dubbing movies. so pithamagan etc... are decent hits for dubbing movie range.

from a long time dude for example in 16 vayathinile the hero doesnt return and the movie ends in a limbo but in the remake seetha koka chiluka (parrot) ... hero returns in ramana remake, stalin - chiru gets only 5 years jail sentence like this so many movies. if the movie ends in tragedy, movie dies. but there is an exception to this rule - telugu people will watch tragedy endings in dubbing movies. so pithamagan etc... are decent hits for dubbing movie range.
That's good, but why so? Actors are not all bad, they just push the wrong ones ahead.

It helps if you know the Industry well...As a non-telugu guy who stays in Hyderabad and learnt the language' date= what you wrote is so far from truth it is not even funny... Go and watch Magadheera - period film made couple of years ago and tell me which Industry makes a film like that with top actors ( even any actors) Eega - dubbed in hindi as Makkhi...it is height of experimentation where story is told from a housefly perspective...I don't even want to go onto the technical mastery of the film :two_thumbs_up:
hehe iam a telugu guy brought up in chennai. what i say is truth from my PoV. educated youth and class audience in telugu whine everyday because there is no variety in the local movies. you cant show me one director like Rajamouli and say that all movies are of the same standard. The rest of the big directors in telugu are like in linguswamy and hari range in tamil. the general understanding is that no one cares about the taste of the 20% class, at the end of the day the 80% mass decides, what movies will end up as blockbusters. in that aspect tamilians and malayalees are lucky to have the mass audience back experimental movies. telugus and hindi audience not so much. sensible movies by superstars flop on a regular basis even in hindi. you can disagree with what i say, at the end of the day its my opinion.

Telugu film is the Greatest Indian film ever made - link New Delhi: Telugu film 'Mayabazar' has topped the poll conducted by IBNLive to find out India's greatest film till date. Malayalam film 'Manichitrathazhu' came 2nd while another Malayalam film 'Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha' grabbed the 3rd spot. Almost every big name of Telugu, Tamil and Kannada film industry was associated with Kadri Venkata Reddy's film 'Mayabazar', which was released in 1957. Be it cinematography or be it music, this film was a pioneer in every sense. The theme of the film threw a new light on the events of Mahabharata. Apart from being the highest grossing film in 1993 in Malayalam cinema, 'Manichitrathazhu' had superlative performance from actress Shobhana who went on to win the National Award for it. Directed by Fazil, the film's success and different story line led to remaking of the film in Hindi, Bangla, Tamil and Telugu - all of which were huge hits. Mammootty won the Best Actor National Award for portraying the role of a wronged Chekavar warrior 'Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha' (1989). This Malayalam film was a period drama directed by Hariharan. The other films which finished in top ten are 'Pather Panchali', 'Nayagan', 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Shiva', 'Thoovanathumbikal', 'Vanaprastham' and 'Sholay'. The poll was conducted to find out the popular notion about India's taste in films. It was also a part of the celebrations of Indian cinema completing 100 years. The poll constituted a list of 100 films from different Indian languages. These films have been selected after conducting extended research about the content and treatment of the projects. The list contained films which have influenced the popular culture in a big way but this was not the only criteria. Opinions were also taken from experts in order to zero down on the films that deserved to be put on the list. The results are as per the public opinion and are not biased in any sense. You can see the name of the films featured in the poll here. We thank everyone for taking part in the poll. You can also take a look at our 100 great films -------------------------- :yay:
Was this to back your post, because I said the Telugu movie 'of now' are generally the worst in the country. I knew few Telugu friends who used to hail some movie pre and early 90s era movie.

Again, if you don't know about the Industry, better to not make wrong comments... 16 vayathanile remake was padaharella vayasu in telugu seetha koka chiluka was remake of Alaigal Oivathillai Top stars dying is not acceptable for many fans across languages...exceptions are there again in every industry...ask me and I can give you names of movies where hero dies, love is unsuccessful,etc

That's good' date=' but why so? Actors are not all bad, they just push the wrong ones ahead.[/quote'] normal mass psychology, its about soft corner. they cant see their heroes suffer. but they can watch dubbing heroes suffer because they are not their own. but movies like virumandi did not make good collections because they started to develop a soft corner on kamal.

Again, if you don't know about the Industry, better to not make wrong comments... 16 vayathanile remake was padaharella vayasu in telugu seetha koka chiluka was remake of Alaigal Oivathillai Top stars dying is not acceptable for many fans across languages...exceptions are there again in every industry...ask me and I can give you names of movies where hero dies, love is unsuccessful,etc
yes good catch. thanks. but the fact still remains.

Name me how many Telugu movies have gone into an Int. film festival or the national award compared to other south flicks.
I am not sure what this proves but there have been a few...recent example is Eega...I am sure list can be found in wikipedia but as I said, I am not sure what this proves...We surely don't make films to please some international jury...maybe other languages do...I don't know

I am not sure what this proves but there have been a few...recent example is Eega...I am sure list can be found in wikipedia but as I said' date=' I am not sure what this proves...We surely don't make films to please some international jury...maybe other languages do...I don't know[/quote'] NO ONE makes a movie to please an 'Int. jury' and if they do please the juries in such festivals where 'good' movies from all around the world is shown to the audience then its a thumbs up. To see the down side of it shows how desperate you are to defend Telugu movies.

Guys...As I mentioned, I am NOT a telugu guy and I have not seen many telugu movies...I will pick the 2 points raised and give my view...you can choose to disagree No sad ending movies 1. One of the greatest sad ending movies is Geethanjali ( both hero and heroine are terminally ill )..Made by Mani Rathnam but with a telugu hero Nagarjuna - massive hit in telugu 2. Naalugu Sthambaalata - tragic story of 2 couples 2. Recently - Chakram with mass star Prabhas - he is a cancer patient Vedam - Allu Arjun ( mass star in telugu ) - dies in movie