Sachin top scores in a 200+ 4th innings chase !

Ram

yes it does .... u said most Indian fans are worried about records ... here Marirs the tread starter and one of the diehard SRT fans - wasnt even talking about it ... nor was anybody.
BB, You're missing the point completely man! Maybe you just dont get it! I'm talking about elephant and you're more interested about it's dung!
Chandan, Let me ask you a simple question, please think about it for a little bit before answering: How do you stand out in a land with a billion people? India is a land obsessed with superlatives, especially the kind that get you into the Guinness World Records book. In India a Guinness record is the stuff of national headlines. Same is the case of most of the cricketers from India they are hunters of records or personal glory. If you look at the bookshelves of Indians, they are filled exclusively with record books from years past. Yes I include myself too in this category. We are desperate to be acknowledged by the world as being worthy. We hunt for any signs that the external world recognizes us, and then we celebrate them. Dont explode on hearing the truth, just take it slowly and you'll get it. Thanks! :scooter:
I thought you were asking me the question? What was the point of giving your explanation? But I'll answer your question. Before that you'll have to answer my question which I asked you and you haven't answred till now in this very thread? Do you have the answer or are you intent on beating around the bush?

Marirs, u must seriously consider working for ToI, man. Tendulkar played a good innings under pressure. But is it worth this kinda sensationalism ?:haha: Just for a perspective: Tendulkar scored a 50 in this match (24 off them when the match was dead) 1) Dhoni scored 53 crucial runs when the game was alive 2) So did Laxman. Scored close to 60 important runs 3) Kumble took 7 wickets & was the MoM 4) Ganguly shone with the bat & ball. 5) Jaffar played the best innings of all our batsmen in the fourth, lifting us from doldrums, laying the platform for the middle order to build on. Yet i did not see 4 threads going gaga over any of these performances. Rejoice, but keep perspective. You guys give, a passer-by an impression that Sachin just broke some kinda world record. Sachin's return to form is heartening to see. His innings gave me an impression that he still has something left in him as a test bat. But he has to do a lot more than just this, to justify the backing he has gotten and to give us a reason to celebrate.

Bumps, Did you notice me claiming anywhere in my OP that "Sachin played the most crucial innings of the match, his innings was what won us the match , he played better than the others , he should have won the man of the match" sorta stuff ? My OP is clear enough - Sachin top-scoring in a 4th innings chase of 200+ was something that was ostensibly missing from his Resume, now it is there too. That is all , nothing more , nothing less.

Bumper said: Marirs, u must seriously consider working for ToI, man. Tendulkar played a good innings under pressure. But is it worth this kinda sensational...
Well Bumper, You might say most of sachin's innings was scored when the match was dead. You have gotta mean by what you say as 'Match was dead'. The match is dead only when it is completed. First run scored in an innings is as good as the last one. Ganguly came in at the time when india was in straits. Having his best partner at the other end, obviously they sorted out a plot that worked out there. One batsman goes after the bowling, the other tries to cover one end up. Remember that the match was not dead when sachin was batting, it was made to look like as a dead one by that partnership.
:hysterical::hysterical: Thats a absolute brand new allegation .... I have no idea what to say to that
I cant help with you that. You could for example, point to the 32 runs he scored when dada scored 48 alongside him and claim that Tendulkar protected dada against a fit & firing Akhtar. I would make the 'fit & firing Akhtar' part, bold & underline, just so I downplay enough, any queries related to the quality of attack at the other end. I'd never mention the word Asif, anywhere:haha:

Its Official : Bumper has a problem with Sachin. He just cant stand any sort of credit being given to him. :D Proof : Bumps accusing me of being sensationalist when evidently , there was nothing sensationalist about my OP. I was just merely highlighting a FACT. Hard luck Bumps, for India's sake atleast, Lets all hope Sachin keeps making you feel bad in the coming months :D