Malcolm Sami

Bumper

Pakistan's premier fast bowler has a serious problem. He is unable to break into an allrounders list at the moment. With his batting & bowling averages reversed he would top the list of all time great all rounders. But currently he will have to settle for the "bowling great" title. Here are a list of former greats who are better than Malcolm Sami at this point. Quite an august company, I must say. No shame finishing next to these great cricketers. Sami: 31 tests, 77 wickets @ 49.63 Carl Hooper: 114 wickets @ 49.42 Mark Waugh: 59 @ 41.16 Steve Waugh: 92 @ 37.74 Jayasuriya: 97 @ 34.31 Dravid: 1 @ 39.00 Give Sami a couple of more series & watch him get past these men. Ganguly: 31 @ 50.12 Tendulkar: 42 @ 51.02 So dont be unfair on Sami next time.

The problem for Sami is the hype that was created around him. How much emphasis was placed on his 150 kph thunderbolts ? I have routinely seen pak fans make fun of an Indian attack opening with Ganguly & Kumble. Guess what, Ganguly is no worse a bowler than Sami. India's worst bowler ever Agarkar, has won test matches in Australia. Puts Sami's talent in perspective!

I still remember how some idiotic Pak fans used to wet their pants in excitement and anticipation of the seemingly inevitable destruction of the Indian batting lineup at the hands of Actor and Malcolm Sami, on the 2004 Pak tour. Then 3-2 and 309,194* and 270 and two massive innings defeats happened. :hysterical: :hysterical: