Krish Srikkanth Answers Your Questions !

Ram

The srikkanth innings i remember the most was the 90 not out he made vs australia in the 1985 WCC. It was an easy victory. but why that innings still sticks to me is the lesson i learnt. Srikkanth courageously took on the aussie fast bowlers(Lawson,hogg,mccurdy,alderman) and the fearsome bounce with some daring attacking shots. This innings was a fine example of taking a formidable oppsotion in your face and snatching the initiative away from them .Or the opponent would have dominated and rolled over you.

Hello Kris, It's great to have you on board and it's a pleasure for us to have a user like Hari. I wasn't a big cricket fan as a kid but if there was one batsman everyone wanted to be like was you, your picture is etched in my memory as yours was the only sticker I couldn't find behind the "GoldSpot" bottle top to win a mini-signed bat 24 years later and we have you right here and it's a great feeling I see that you have started a video blog on your site and I probably speak on everyones behalf, if we could see some your classic videos as we are normally deprived of these gems abroad. Once again, welcome and looking forward to this new friendship

Wow..wow..wow....Kris Srikanth on ICF!! Remember all the ODI's where we had our hearts in our mouths as we watched your batting....must say your batting style was a pioneer of sorts to the likes of Sehwag and Sachin later... My favourite innings of yours would be the swashbuckling knock against Pakistan in the 1985 B&H series.....

Although you have gone on record having said the best moment in the 1983 WC finals was when you smoked on the Lord's balconey, can you tell us which was the best moment in your batting/innings ?
The square drive I payed off Andy Roberts,down on one knee, the ball went like a rocket to the fence and I and enjoyed the feel of the shot
Do you think Indian cricket should move away from preparing spin-friendly tracks at home and prepare ones with more pace and bounce ? A lot has been said and claimed on this issue but we havent seen much progress.
That is something I had been advocating for a long time , but sadly it never happens. We are used to a culture of preparing under prepared wickets right from the club and firstclass levels because the onus is on getting outright victories. As a result our fast bowling production suffers as well as our batsmen find it difficult to play when we tour countries like Australia and South Africa. If we are to produce world class fast bowlers and if our batsmen are to perform lot better on bouncy tracks in future, this is the way to go. I myself was BCCI's pitches committee a few years back and had attempted to do this, but I was not able to make any changes in a big way as I did not have enough freedom.
Srikkanth, What is your take on Gary Kirsten's impending appointment as Coach of India? More importantly, the timing of his "reported joining date" in the middle of Aus series seems to have hit a nerve? Your take on that?
Hi fineleg Appointing a foreign coach is totally unnecessary, and I am not at all for appointment of Kirsten as coach. More specifically if he is appointed midway through a series or anything, I think it is BCCI's absurdity at its worst.
As you had been successful in Australia more than other countries, how do you view are India's strengths and what should be our approach down under ?
In general, we need to play very aggressive cricket to succeed against Australia when playing there. We need to put a lot of runs on the board very quickly. I for one believe that the Aussies are also cricketers and can be put under pressure. We need players who can play the cut and pull shots a lot, and that too at the top of the order. Although Sehwag is probably not in great form, I would like to see him open down under as he is a player who can play very aggressively and also get big scores quickly, and put big pressure on the Aussies. We need to attack from the word go, and as a batsman I had myself adopted this approach down under which is why I was probably more successful there than other countries.

Ok, India cricket fans. I got to rush now, I had agreed to come here and answer questions today and could find a little time , so I kept my word to Hari and all of you. I would be happy to have a link between this site and my own too krishcricket.com. I can also give live commentary feeds/content from my site to you on match days and I shall promote your site on my own site too. Nice being here, and thanks for all your questions. Best wishes.

Guest HariSampath

Thanks Cheeka for your generous time and kind offer to support ICF. I am proud to have known you over 25 years, and I think its a great privilege to be a close friend of one of the most attacking Indian batsman of the 1980s, and also one of the very best of men among cricketers I have ever known. On behalf of all cricket fans, particularly ICFers, I thank you very much, this is a huge thing for us to be associated with you. Thanks da machan :D:thumbs_up::isalute::proud:

Guest HariSampath

Ok finey, you got in a question live I see...and a great one too, we were in luck to have you around and got a smasher of an answer from Cheeka....who has dismissed the BCCI's move as "absurdity" LOL:haha:

Yep, my next question to Cheeka will be the most difficult for him to answer: What is the most absurd move of BCCI ever? Just kidding :P LOL :D - They have too many to count!!! LOL! Mohinder Amarnath called the selectors a bunch of jokers, I think he should have called the whole BCCI that! :P