MacGill to be replaced by Hogg vs India.

SachDan

aussies have been trying to figure out a replacement to warne, which looks to me as an impossible mission... atleast they can try out an option this series.... lets see how hogg does... he is a good bowler, but in tests against a batting line-up where Yuvi is struggling to find a place, its completely different-ball-game...

Hogg made his Test debut against India about 10 years back. Nayan Mongia scored a century in that game. Of course Hogg has improved quite a bit in LOI but I would still be doubtful about his success against India in Test.
Another rubbish spinner called Peter McIntyre played in that game.
Another rubbish spinner called Peter McIntyre played in that game.
Peter McIntyre :hysterical::hysterical: what a param faltoo bowler he was!!! Must say Australia kept chugging a bunch of cr@p spin bowlers before Warne came along. Greats like Ray Bright, Bob Holland, Peter Taylor. Then there was Tom Moody. Even Greg Matthew was cr@p except that Tied test. The only half-decent spinner before Warne chugged along was Tim May.
the fast leg spinner I was talking about was probably Colin Muller... he was big flap...
Miller never bowled leg-spin. He bowled off-spin and medium pace. He was famous for two things though, -- He used to bleach his hair in all different colors -- He was one of Darren Gough's hat-trick victims, bowled neck and crop.

oh... thanks.... I was wondering about this as well... aussies never had variety in their spin bowling right?? i don't know if they are going in a correct path right now for the future... ponting may seriously want his-dear-watson to bowl off-spinners, which can help three reasons: 1) Watson can stay in the team 2) He can work less and lessen his chances of getting injured... 3) Some variety at last to their spin dept...