LASIK surgery

AmreekanDesi

same here :nervous::nervous: they say it has 97% success rate but the 3% scares me shitless
Ya bro...if those lasers are not calibrated properly, the AI takes over and goes into auto mode and they will drill through your skull. You'll feel no sensation initially but then your vision will blur, you'll start seeing spots flying around and eventually blood will gush through your nostrils while you smell your brain melt away
Is it possible for folks who have cylindrical lens?
Absolutely. Cylinder measurement has to be accurate and precise. Edit: For the rest, ask your doctor about PRK. PRK is alternative to LASIK. PRK does not cut into your cornea hence less risks but on the flip side it takes longer to heal and is usually recommended for people with thin corneas. Also note: LASIK or PRK cannot stop loss of vision with aging. Post LASIK complications: double/triple vision Note: Do LASIK one eye at a time, not both.

Ya bro...if those lasers are not calibrated properly, the AI takes over and goes into auto mode and they will drill through your skull. You'll feel no sensation initially but then your vision will blur, you'll start seeing spots flying around and eventually blood will gush through your nostrils while you smell your brain melt away Absolutely. Cylinder measurement has to be accurate and precise. Edit: For the rest, ask your doctor about PRK. PRK is alternative to LASIK. PRK does not cut into your cornea hence less risks but on the flip side it takes longer to heal and is usually recommended for people with thin corneas. Also note: LASIK or PRK cannot stop loss of vision with aging. Post LASIK complications: double/triple vision Note: Do LASIK one eye at a time, not both.
why the heavy sarcasm?

Absolutely. Cylinder measurement has to be accurate and precise. Edit: For the rest, ask your doctor about PRK. PRK is alternative to LASIK. PRK does not cut into your cornea hence less risks but on the flip side it takes longer to heal and is usually recommended for people with thin corneas. Also note: LASIK or PRK cannot stop loss of vision with aging. Post LASIK complications: double/triple vision Note: Do LASIK one eye at a time, not both.
Are these complications immediate or later? Also, how could the double/triple vision be cured or treated?

I got it done in 2009 summer. The results are fantastic! I hated glasses, contact lenses etc. The world felt all new after the surgery. My prescription was -5.5 in one eye and -4.75 in the other. I got it done at Lasik Plus in the US. The procedure was nearly painless and very short. It was all laser and took about 3 minutes for both eyes. I was out of the surgery room in less than 15 minutes. It comes with a lifelong warranty to re enhance your vision if it goes bad after the surgery. They don't recommend doing the re-enhancement too many times unless the vision considerably worsens and after age 40. I was able to drive to work the next morning. I have 20/20 after 5 years and I love it. One of the best things to have happened in my life. certain things to keep in mind though, your eyes will get very dry for first 6 months with gradually getting better. Even today, my eyes get dry when I have to be attentive with my eyes for long stretches of time - ie, driving for 5-6 hours. This issue is case by case though, not everyone will experience it. Over all, I'd highly recommend it.

I got it done in 2009 summer. The results are fantastic! I hated glasses, contact lenses etc. The world felt all new after the surgery. My prescription was -5.5 in one eye and -4.75 in the other. I got it done at Lasik Plus in the US. The procedure was nearly painless and very short. It was all laser and took about 3 minutes for both eyes. I was out of the surgery room in less than 15 minutes. It comes with a lifelong warranty to re enhance your vision if it goes bad after the surgery. They don't recommend doing the re-enhancement too many times unless the vision considerably worsens and after age 40. I was able to drive to work the next morning. I have 20/20 after 5 years and I love it. One of the best things to have happened in my life. certain things to keep in mind though, your eyes will get very dry for first 6 months with gradually getting better. Even today, my eyes get dry when I have to be attentive with my eyes for long stretches of time - ie, driving for 5-6 hours. This issue is case by case though, not everyone will experience it. Over all, I'd highly recommend it.
but dont u find that annoying though?

but dont u find that annoying though?
Yes but not nearly as annoying as glasses or contact lenses. As I said, it gets better with time. after some time, you could just close your eyes for several seconds and that would fix the dry eye problem. and as I said, it's different from person to person. you just got to remember to blink once in a while :--D