Calcutta Test: Would Kumble select Bhajji? Why? why? why?

fineleg

Fineleg, as much i would love to see karthik play in test series, i feel u really can't drop a bowler who had following figures 1st innings - 15 overs - 37-1wkt 2nd innings - 17 overs - 57 - 2 wkts
Tics, Are these great figures? Plus did he look threatening at all when he bowled??? In 1st Inn, he did not look any good. He got that one wicket of Sohail Tanvir and it was more of a surprise. 2nd Inn was ok, but nothing terrific about his bowling still. Ok, I wanted to get a sample opinion, and looks like ICF is ok with Bhajji in the 11. Fair enough.

see offcourse, i never said they are great figures.. infact they are average.. but just like in odi's u can't drop a bowler who bowls with figures 10 overs 39 runs - 1 wicket.. same way with such figures in test u can't really drop a bowler.. regardless of past performace of bajji.. the recent test he did okay as per stats show.. he got wickets.. had he not got those 3 wickets.. murali would have been the favorite to play this test..

well y r u lobbying for kartik?? has he done anything termendous off late??? he was average in ODIs... so i dont know how well hes gonna perform in tests
Actually I am not lobbying "for Murali Kartik". I am lobbying for Bhajji to be left out of the test squad. MK is the one in squad so I mentioned his name. Look, many in the ICF have agreed Bhajji is useless in Test matches these days. I guess the "ok-ish" performance of HS in Test-1 + "history at calcutta" has now turned the sentiment in favor of him.
Tics, Are these great figures? Plus did he look threatening at all when he bowled??? In 1st Inn, he did not look any good. He got that one wicket of Sohail Tanvir and it was more of a surprise. 2nd Inn was ok, but nothing terrific about his bowling still..
Yeah nothing terrific, i am sure Murali Kartik would have finished with a 10 wicket haul.
Yeah nothing terrific' date=' i am sure Murali Kartik would have finished with a 10 wicket haul.[/quote'] Joke, eh? Hahahahah... ROFL.... Cracking up....hahhahahaha..... ok, now that we are done with LOL business... Predz, Who is going to gurantee what he'd have finished with...ofcourse we dont know what MK's final figures would have been. But - Look HS was not performing well in Tests, thats the reason I wanted to look beyond HS. I am not enamored by MK, just that he is the one sitting in the squad!