Calcutta Test: Would Kumble select Bhajji? Why? why? why?

fineleg

As I said there are more than enough folks (incl. at ICF) who have felt that Bhajji has shifted to "containing bowler". So, I am not the only one with that opinion. If he has changed, I would have to wait and see over 1 or 2 series to confirm and believe it. The AUS tour will reveal whether Bhajji has changed to his old self or not.

Guest HariSampath

finey...give it a rest... Harbhajan Singh has been one of the finest spinners and matchwinners for India, and you just can't nitpick like ( last 2 performances against Pakistan on those tests etc)...Overall he has done brilliantly for India, won so many games

Hari Sampath, Can you please tell me why HS was dropped and only now after he has picked up his perf in ODIs - he has made his comeback? Why was he dropped? Look, I am ok if HS is back to his old wicket taking self, I just want to wait until Aus tour concludes to see one way or the other.

DAY 5 pitch at "Calcutta" ICF-ers said this is why Bhajji is selected - he is supposed to be a "destroyer" on day 5 at calcutta, I am told by ICF. HS, Day 5, Calcutta, others have removed top order 4 wickets for him. PERFECT! Now...only 6 remaining Ok, here he has his chance. Lets see if he does it.

Bhajji has been USELESS - as USELESS as he can be before TEA. It will be a miracle if he does something after tea, but yep I'll still wait for that patiently. Frankly, even Bhajji will be surprised if he bowls well. VERY DISAPPOINTING from Bhajji - and he seems so lacklustre and uninterested.