Optical illusion ?

riya

Well is it actually an optical illusion .Because if it is ,it is unfair to call a talented fast bowler a cheat .i am talking about Akhtar .Each time when he does well ,we come up with this argument make us look like sore losers .So what is the truth ?.He has got hyperextension ,has double joints .So what if we are wrong ? I feel very bad personally calling Akhtar a cheat ,because of his deformities .But then i can't help looking at his action as well .Any experts here .

haha..Riya... not that we are losing and complaining... players just said that they have doubt over his action for few balls that he bowled other day. Its an appeal and which is legal in cricket. Like his action in almost all time pretty much within 15% doesn't really warrant that hey wont be misusing that limit.. welcome aboard.

It is very hard for us watching the 2 D pics to tell if a man with an arm like this is chucking it or not. Y3IdSocHGFM
I saw this video plenty of times . I would like to know whether this is the only video or do we have another one showing this flexibility.u r right it is difficult to say whether he chucks or not .whatever ....this is too tiring.
Guest dada_rocks

Michael holding has proven conclusively thsi guy chucks.. if he is still bolwing oops chucking his way to wickets then it has to do with only one man Jagmohan dalmiya

wow..if you think that shoaib's arm in the video that i posted is 190 degrees then more power to you.
MP, the only problem I see is, His arm both hyper-extends and straightens. There are other bowlers with hyper-extension. They action looks quite clean, not Shoaib's though.
MP, the only problem I see is, His arm both hyper-extends and straightens. There are other bowlers with hyper-extension. They action looks quite clean, not Shoaib's though.
Shoaib is different from other bowlers...i am sure the other bowlers have thrown the ball from the outfield but have you ever seen any one with an arm like Shoaib's?
Shoaib is different from other bowlers...i am sure the other bowlers have thrown the ball from the outfield but have you ever seen any one with an arm like Shoaib's?
That is quite irrelevant because we have definitive evidence of how an action will look when two different players hyper-extend. We need to study how they bowl and not how they throw. The important thing is, as shown in that video by Holding, is not Shoaib's arm Hyper-extending which makes it look as though he is chucking, but the fact that his shoulder-elbow-fist arent in a straight line. Let him get that part straight and lets see who is complaining after that. Bottom line - Shoaib straightens his arm beyond the horizontal, in addition to the hyper-extension.
That is quite irrelevant because we have definitive evidence of how an action will look when two different players hyper-extend. We need to study how they bowl and not how they throw. The important thing is, as shown in that video by Holding, is not Shoaib's arm Hyper-extending which makes it look as though he is chucking, but the fact that his shoulder-elbow-fist arent in a straight line. Let him get that part straight and lets see who is complaining after that. Bottom line - Shoaib straightens his arm beyond the horizontal, in addition to the hyper-extension.
why not? if the arm isnt same while throwing then how will it be same while bowling? p.s There is a chance that Shoaib might be chucking but for that there needs to be a detailed examination (kind of like the one he went through in 01 where he passed the test).
I feel very bad personally calling Akhtar a cheat ' date='because of his deformities .[/quote'] Yes, I'd also feel very bad calling him a filthy, odious cheat for his deformities. However, I have no qualms calling him a filthy, odious cheat for ball tampering, blatant chucking and taking illegal drugs (and then returning on a farcical , truncated ban).
Yes, I'd also feel very bad calling him a filthy, odious cheat for his deformities. However, I have no qualms calling him a filthy, odious cheat for ball tampering, blatant chucking and taking illegal drugs (and then returning on a farcical , truncated ban).
:yay::two_thumbs_up: :dance:
Well is it actually an optical illusion .Because if it is ,it is unfair to call a talented fast bowler a cheat .i am talking about Akhtar .Each time when he does well ,we come up with this argument make us look like sore losers .So what is the truth ?.He has got hyperextension ,has double joints .So what if we are wrong ? I feel very bad personally calling Akhtar a cheat ,because of his deformities .But then i can't help looking at his action as well .Any experts here .
two things: the hyperextension rule is quite contentious... but it is really not the reason why he is called a cheat. its his indulgence in performance enhancing drugs that is. and second, who ever taught you english did a horrible job. i would get my money back... the punctuation follows the predessor word not a suffix to the successor word.