Kab Phodenge?

hatja_tau

Kab Phodenge?  

1. 1.

• India
    • Pakistan

We dominated your team all through the world cups. In our last tour to pakistan we thrashed you. what more you want?
Dominated our team all through the world cups? You mean beat us in five games? I would say Pakistan's overall record reflects dominance. And Pakistan beat India last time we came to India. Doesn't change the record buddy.

Let me put it this way. Every Indian and Pakistani remembers each and every one of those 5 WC matches vividly and people who disagree are lying for sure. The only other Ind vs Pak matches that people might remember are the below :- 1. Miandad last ball six match 2. 1985 World series final 3. The Kanitkar last over match in Dhaka or somewhere in pitch darkness ( and TBF the darkness was what made it stick ). Also probably the first time >300 was chased? All others might be remembered for some reason by some people ( like Afridi fans will remember Kanpur maybe and Bhajji fans will remember his manhandling Aamir and fingering Akhtar,etc)

Let me put it this way. Every Indian and Pakistani remembers each and every one of those 5 WC matches vividly and people who disagree are lying for sure. The only other Ind vs Pak matches that people might remember are the below :- 1. Miandad last ball six match 2. 1985 World series final 3. The Kanitkar last over match in Dhaka or somewhere in pitch darkness ( and TBF the darkness was what made it stick ). Also probably the first time >300 was chased? All others might be remembered for some reason by some people ( like Afridi fans will remember Kanpur maybe and Bhajji fans will remember his manhandling Aamir and fingering Akhtar,etc)
So now we're basing overall dominance and records on what games are most "memorable" ?
However some one try to spin it compared to ICC trophy & Asia cup these bilateral series have less value.
'However some one try to spin it' Pakistan has a superior record to India. Yes these bilateral series have less importance but irregardless of that 71 wins is much more superior to 5.
So now we're basing overall dominance and records on what games are most "memorable" ?
Do you remember your overall record vs WI or Aus or SA or any other team in ODIs? This overall stuff is called clutching at straws by some fans when it comes to India. You look at your own media in dawn and tribune and all your channels. Not ONE mention of overall H2H record but only that Pak NEVER won against Ind in WCs. Look at viewer audience (TV) for a WC Ind vs Pak match and compare to match between same teams in any other context. WC is a world stage. Period. The world watches. I will agree though that knockout or otherwise critical matches ( which has potential to knock other team out of competition ) are more important even within WC. So 96 and 2011 are the real achievements for Ind as they kicked Pak out directly. The Feb 15th match is not that important. However, we might meet again in KO and that will be important.
India has beaten Pakistan in a world cup semi-final in a world cup they won and in a world cup final. Pakistan team and fans would happily trade all their victories for these mega-ton heart break losses.
Well done you did it once in 68 years. Congratulations to you. I would much rather be happy throughout the other 67 years than wait 68 years to win 1 game.
Do you remember your overall record vs WI or Aus or SA or any other team in ODIs? This overall stuff is called clutching at straws by some fans when it comes to India. You look at your own media in dawn and tribune and all your channels. Not ONE mention of overall H2H record but only that Pak NEVER won against Ind in WCs. Look at viewer audience (TV) for a WC Ind vs Pak match and compare to match between same teams in any other context. WC is a world stage. Period. The world watches. I will agree though that knockout or otherwise critical matches ( which has potential to knock other team out of competition ) are more important even within WC. So 96 and 2011 are the real achievements for Ind as they kicked Pak out directly. The Feb 15th match is not that important. However, we might meet again in KO and that will be important.
Yes but you can't say that only 2 matches played between India and Pakistan is going to decide who is better historically. There have only been 2 knock out games between India and Pakistan in 70 years. And of course you aren't going to hear Indians talk about the overall record because it is simply embarrassing. Overall record > 2 games
Yes but you can't say that only 2 matches played between India and Pakistan is going to decide who is better historically. There have only been 2 knock out games between India and Pakistan in 70 years. And of course you aren't going to hear Indians talk about the overall record because it is simply embarrassing. Overall record > 2 games
Which Indian fan in this thread or otherwise said anything about us being better that Pak historically?All we are saying is - WC matches are more important and we are happy that we are so far ahead ( 5-0) that it will take a minimum of 20 years to just get even. Try as you might - no one remembers meaningless ODIs. WC matches are important. You lost your 2 warmup matches against some unknown NZ team and then lost 2 ODIs ( International matches ) but if you win against NZ in QF, will you say NZ is still better as the record is 2-1 in favor of NZ recently? See the flaw?

We have a great great record against Bangladesh in ODIs but they beat us in WC 2007 and we all remember Tamim Iqbal and his assault. We don't bring up our historical H2H record. That is immaterial. They beat us when it counted. And it hurt us. And we remember it. We dont remember all our other routine hammering of Bangladesh. I am sure Pak has a great record ( historical ) against Ireland. Will you satisfy yourself with that? They HURT you in 2007 when it mattered - in a WC.

Uhhh maybe because the World Cup is happening? If India decides to face Pakistan in a bilateral series sometime soon, then I'm sure that the newspapers would be talking about head to head records
Uhhh maybe because the World Cup is happening? If India decides to face Pakistan in a bilateral series sometime soon' date=' then I'm sure that the newspapers would be talking about head to head records[/quote'] Then why are YOU bringing up H2H records? WC is not happening for you?:facepalm: Why answer only selective points? :hmmm:
We have a great great record against Bangladesh in ODIs but they beat us in WC 2007 and we all remember Tamim Iqbal and his assault. We don't bring up our historical H2H record. That is immaterial. They beat us when it counted. And it hurt us. And we remember it. We dont remember all our other routine hammering of Bangladesh. I am sure Pak has a great record ( historical ) against Ireland. Will you satisfy yourself with that? They HURT you in 2007 when it mattered - in a WC.
Yeah we're on completely different pages here, you seem to be infatuated with this idea of a "memorable" game and what "hurts" the fans most. Sorry, I look at overall results.
Then why are YOU bringing up H2H records? WC is not happening for you?:facepalm: Why answer only selective points? :hmmm:
I was having a discussion with posters above about how WC games can't solely be looked at to gauge two teams' capabilities. What is it to you whether I discuss H2H or not? You said something about Pak media not mentioning it and I gave a reason why. Simple.
Yeah we're on completely different pages here' date=' you seem to be infatuated with this idea of a "memorable" game and what "hurts" the fans most. Sorry, I look at overall results.[/quote'] I take it that you wont come here to gloat if you win on Feb 15th as you have been historically better anyway and the match is equal to a Cool n Cool league match where both teams are in final anyway. I never clutch at straws so that is another difference BTW.
I take it that you wont come here to gloat if you win on Feb 15th as you have been historically better anyway and the match is equal to a Cool n Cool league match where both teams are in final anyway. I never clutch at straws so that is another difference BTW.
If we win on Feb 15th it'll just be another feather in our cap :winky: