160 lead, how much more we need?

Chaos

True PK. But we have two options: Option 1: Ensure we cannot lose - safety first. This will be a 90% Draw (we will still have 10% chance to win) Option 2: Give a 10-15% chance where Pak may pull off a miracle - more chances for us to win, but we may lose if RRR =4 or 4.5 (10% chances) I'd prefer to not give Pak a chance to win here AT ALL. zilch, nada chances.

True PK. But we have two options: Option 1: Ensure we cannot lose - safety first. This will be a 90% Draw (we will still have 10% chance to win) Option 2: Give a 10-15% chance where Pak may pull off a miracle - more chances for us to win, but we may lose if RRR =4 or 4.5 (10% chances) I'd prefer to not give Pak a chance to win here AT ALL. zilch, nada chances.
That is what I was thinking too. We should add more 50-75 runs in quicktime and set pakistan to chase a target of 350-375.... this way only 2 results are possible - India win or draw
10% chance a team chasing 300+ on the last day in India and winning? Care to point even 3 times it has happened in the past?

professor, this is ind bowling & fielding :P so adjusted for it 10% :D ps: Shwetabh - on a serious note, I have low confidence in indian bowling and fielding to be honest (this may change later if we consistently do well, for now this is the way it is). So, I worry more than just what hist. stats show us. So, yes I believe 10% chance is there.

professor, this is ind bowling & fielding :P so adjusted for it 10% :D ps: Shwetabh - on a serious note, I have low confidence in indian bowling and fielding to be honest (this may change later if we consistently do well, for now this is the way it is). So, I worry more than just what hist. stats show us. So, yes I believe 10% chance is there.
India has been the bowling and fielding side earlier also. A lot of you don't understand the enormity of chasing 300+ at 4 RPO on a last day Indian wicket. When we have a similar target like we did at Bangalore and Bombay, I again here the similar over optimistic noises, "Oh if we bat till blah blah blah and score at blah blah blah" we'll win. It will take someone to play the innings of a lifetime to achieve that in India and a lot of very good teams and batsmen have failed to do it. Survival is one thing. Scoring at 4 RPO on this track for one day is pretty much impossible.
That will be great for PAK.

Professor, pjilka has a valid point. If we dont score a Huge total, and fielders close in to attack, that will *force* the Pak to bat in an attacking manner. If they defend, chances are a close in fielder will catch an edge. So, if we force them to attack, then with a smaller total, it can go either way.

Professor, pjilka has a valid point. If we dont score a Huge total, and fielders close in to attack, that will *force* the Pak to bat in an attacking manner. If they defend, chances are a close in fielder will catch an edge. So, if we force them to attack, then with a smaller total, it can go either way.
The "smaller total" you are talking about ie. 320+ runs in 80 odd overs is a huge mountain to climb in these conditions.

Shwetabh.... you cant just help them with their inherent fear that they hold all the time about Indian team's failure... These guys conveniently forget that it is a test cricket and not 20-20...besides none of the 4 days we played all 90 overs yet... So it wont be more than 85 overs in a day no matter what... Its huge total plus Kumble is the most successfull bowler of the series so far plus Bhajji took 5 in the last innings... they are going to be tuff to score against..