Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

India should ban BBC telecast in India and ban entry of anyone from BBC in India.And any Indian citizen and Indian company cant keep any commercial relation with BBC.
Agreed. In fact go one step further and publicly hang anyone and everyone associated with BBC in India. Then track down IP address of everyone who managed to watch the documentary before YouTube was forced by the Govt to remove it, and cut their internet access permanently.

2 things to pick from this thread: 1) OTHER people (from OTHER countries) only mean to help. 2) Embarrassing Indians will bring about lasting change.
Absolutely. And despite there being documented research of such things (giving voice and publicity to rapists) always failing and backfiring, some people on this thread are convinced this is the way to go and ground breaking.

Agreed. In fact go one step further and publicly hang anyone and everyone associated with BBC in India. Then track down IP address of everyone who managed to watch the documentary before YouTube was forced by the Govt to remove it' date=' and cut their internet access permanently.[/quote'] BBC had no right to reveal the name and photograph of the rape victim,which violates her right to dignity and privacy.There were a lot of legal provisions that were violated.

Rape has nothing to do with mentality. It is a crime like many other crimes. There is only mentality that is criminal mentality. We should not see rape in isolation to other crimes. If rape only happens because we have the mentality you were talking then rape should not happen in places like USA because they do not have that regressive mentality that we have in India. We should look to prevent crime in a whole, should discourage people from committing crime. There must be a way to do that. We must find that.
how many people in a household think and openly say at a shop that "paise wapis nahi diye, iska katal hona chahiye", will anybody say that on TV? Now think about people talking about raping girls who go out late in the night, wearing different clothes and drinking. We have heard it even from Netas about how these things are an invite to be raped. How this forces men to rape. Rape/murder/molestation all happen around the world and yes these criminals think they can overpower the other party but the netas, lawyers and elders of the society dont come-out in open and try to blame the woman. The reality is that crime happens everywhere but when you justify the crime or find something wrong with the victim, you are teaching men in your own household that women deserve this kind of treatment. Yes we should see it in isolation just like dowry deaths.

Unfortunately most feminist deosn't think so . Rape is now political tool in hands of feminists who beileve that rape happen because there is lack of gender equality .Unfortunately this is partly true.there are many countries in world which are very much gender egalatarian but has high rate of rape . One of prime example is of our neighbour Philipines . It is number 1 in geneder equality in Asia but still has more rate of rape than India the following are two horrible accounts of gang rape their http://www.philstar.com/metro/2014/09/08/1366592/girl-7-gang-raped-manila https://anc.yahoo.com/news/woman-abducted--raped-by-men-in-van-012216424.html If gender inequality of India is resposnible for rapes then why do these horrible crimes happen in Philipines? No matter how much India progress chances are very rare that horrible rapes will stop, infact they are going to increase if our crime rate will catch with the west
It means that more crimes are being reported and more convictions. In India only a fraction of cases are reported.

Is this your only problem with the documentary?
That is my biggest problem.By naming her and then showing her photograph and then revealing in details what they did with her is againist Indian law and British law as well. UK revels in denigrating its old colonies and live in a superiority complex.This is a result of that.

That is my biggest problem.My naming her and then showing her photograph and then revealing in details what they did with her is againist Indian law and British law as well. UK revels in denigrating its old colonies and live in a superiority complex.This is a result of that.
Valid points I must say

agree with sunnyji's point about the naming part. totally out of line and BBC should be sued for that. we have to differentiate between rape and sexism. as a society, india is extremely sexist in how it looks down upon women. through awareness, we can try to make india a more egalitarian society and reduce sexism. for example, it must be embedded in our children from a young age on how men and women are equal in every sphere of life and both deserve equal respect in terms of how they should be treated in indian society. I'm just scribbling off the top of my head for actions that can be undertaken to achieve this. however, rape is a completely different beast. rape is primarily about a psychotic zeal to achieve power and make someone else feel powerless through sexual acts. it is not a gender-specific act either. i have heard of cases of men raping women but also men raping other men, and even instances of women having raped other women. this happens in prisons quite often. it is concerned with forcing yourself on someone and engaging in sexual acts without their consent. I'm not sure how airing the interview of a man who feels no remorse for his actions will stop future rapes in india. feel free to disagree with me but in a polite manner please.

That is my biggest problem.By naming her and then showing her photograph and then revealing in details what they did with her is againist Indian law and British law as well. UK revels in denigrating its old colonies and live in a superiority complex.This is a result of that.
+1 Pathetic there are people on this forum supporting a sadistic psycho on death row being given air time

People are so concerned about India's image and reputation over something which makes sense. This is the biggest nonsense. India's image is already broken when it comes to protection. The only thing we can do better now is make strong laws and bring justice(it won't even be proper full justice) by bringing the responsible thugs out in front in public, or media or whatever and punish them severely. I don't give a damn how much ever it's shown in U.S media for few days that. People need to realize that this will actually be good for India.

+1 Pathetic there are people on this forum supporting a sadistic psycho on death row being given air time
I dont think most people are dieing to watch bastard's interview but here are some points * Criticize the person/neta/ministry which allowed the interview * Criticize for disclosing names that BBC shouldn't have * Make sensible arguments, defaming india conspiracy theory is not only stupid but embarrassing coming from a senior MP of the govt. If it was allowed to be filmed then let it air and let it go.

Let me point out the double standards of BBC, The BBC put a self ban on telecasting any programmes of Jimmy Saville,their long time presenter after it emerged that he was involved in sexual offences.on the grounds that it may be offensive to the victims and their family.But this rapist is given air time. BBC refused to air the footage of the Jordanian pilot being burnt to death by the ISIS saying it was too graphic and disrespectful to the dead.But what happened to Nirbhaya can be described in detail by his rapist including what happened to her body parts. WOW!What Journalism.