Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

im watching the documentary and its so sad seeing the parents they sacrificed so much to get her educated and become a doctor. Which is so admirable considering she seems to be from a very poor background and she had told them that now all their worries would be over and happy days would come and these sons of b1tches destroyed all their happiness

My problem is with rapist's interview. It should not have happened or it should be removed and than be shown. You think what rapist says is not fed to him by his lawyer as excuses? You think he was thinking about all those things while committing that crime? You wont rape someone just because she is out at night with her BF. Rape happens because you want to rape. You want to touch the girl' date=' enjoy doing all these things to a girl. They had no fear as it was night. They were just 2. They could not get a better chance to do it. They did not rape because they thought why the hell she is roaming late night, watching movies with a boy, lets rape her because of that.[/quote'] disagree the whole argument that women who go out late at night or are scantily dressed are asking for rape has been used for years

Why are Indian's afraid of this? Let the truth out!
You think this is the first time something is shown about this incident. Our news channels have already made TV arrangements of this incident, They already have had interview with the boy who was with the girl. I dont think this docu has shown anything new. Thing which that Lawyer said I had saw that 2 years back. Every news channel was showing it. a

disagree the whole argument that women who go out late at night or are scantily dressed are asking for rape has been used for years
That is just rhetoric. You think people rape a girl just because she is wearing revealing clothes?

Notable omission Mullayam Yadav... Edit... Oh targeting only nationalists...Like CBI director etc...
Even the woman is guilty —Abu Azmi: Another Samajwadi party leader and father-in-law of actor Ayesha Takia, Abu Azmi had gone to the extent of saying that those women who get raped should be hanged and also that just because by virtue of the fact that married women have extramarital sex (when they get raped!), they should be punished along with the rapist. "Rape is punishable by hanging in Islam. But here, nothing happens to women, only to men. Even the woman is guilty." Azmi's solution to rape is, "Solution is this: any woman if, whether married or unmarried, goes along with a man, with or without her consent, should be hanged. Both should be hanged. It shouldn't be allowed even if a woman goes by consent."
Dented-painted women — Congress MP Abhijit Mukherjee (President Pranab Mukherjee's son): The president's son is the one who made the phrase 'dented-painted' famous. By 'dented-painted'Abhijit Mukherjee was making a reference to the women who had come out in large numbers to protest the gruesome and horrific gang rape that took place on December 16, 2012. He had said that these, "sundari, sundari mahila" (pretty, pretty women) at the agitation, "walking on the streets with candle", were not students. Students, he said, were different.
Mamata Banerjee: The claim of a Anglo-Indian woman that she was raped in a car in a posh locality in Kolkata was met by the following comment from West Bengal's chief minister which hinted that the case from " sajano ghotona (concocted incident) to malign the government".
sorry..dont have colorful pictures... PS : I know its not good to score points in such heinous crime against woman,this is just to balance some posters opinion.

sorry..dont have colorful pictures... PS : I know its not good to score points in such heinous crime against woman,this is just to balance some posters opinion.
In a country of 1.2 billion it is hard to expect everybody to be sane. Most notably politicians. This is applicable all over the world. Other day in US senate a republican threw a snowball and said there is no such thing as global warming.

In a country of 1.2 billion it is hard to expect everybody to be sane. Most notably politicians. This is applicable all over the world. Other day in US senate a republican threw a snowball and said there is no such thing as global warming.
That's the point,but we need to stop nitpicking as well.There is no real solution for this problem unless we start Arab style punishments,which i think not right for a democracy.

That's the point' date='but we need to stop nitpicking as well.There is no real solution for this problem unless we start Arab style punishments,which i think not right for a democracy.[/quote'] First - Follow 'Rape Shield' law. Make sure rape victim's identity is protected which will enable them to come forward to complaint. sometimes even if the girl wants to, parents don't want as they think it would shame their family and ruin the girl's life. So privacy very very very vital Second - Employ special woman's police station exclusively handle rape victims. Have plenty of onsite counsellors as part of the group. Also ensure they get medical procedures as needed with utmost privacy. Third - Once the part where you facilitate women to come forward to make a complaint now establish special task force to catch the culprit, collect every drop of evidence to make sure he doesnt go scot free. This is where lot of things can go wrong.. An influential guy can tamper with investigation and get away. So you need feww higher authorities always to be kept in the loop througout the investigation so that the criminal don't get away with small bribe. Fourth - most importan Expedite the justice. If you put away more and more criminals that should automatically reduce rapes. Next is how to prevent.. This is very very tricky. It is impossible to expect atleast one woman in some part of the country not walking alone. it is also impossible to expect a rapist not lurking near that area. Self defense, emergency phone app, helpline are few things to suggest. I am purely looking at solutions that don't involve external help as it is hard to expect every where you go. This is a problem all over the world. Even the most civilized country suffer from the problem of rape. Because a rapists don't come with a label that says "I am a rapist" . He might look totally normally until he turns into a rapists. It is very very hard to predict. Cops should have a map of rape crimes and see where higher rate of rape occur and protect those areas in plain clothes. If all the IPS officers sit and think they sure should be able to come out with ideas. Don't include ministers as you will get ideas like "Go with your brother" "Go fully clothed" etc.