Delhi Court blocks Delhi rape BBC documentary

AmreekanDesi

Reading the social network and feeling' date=' expressions from my friends it is tremendously polarized. Some women absolutely detest the idea of giving air time to the criminal. Some find it thought provoking without going into the specifics. Same with guys. Some say it should be aired I would say 50/50 reaction for this video. 50/50 umpire's decision[/quote'] I find the idea of giving air time to a criminal disgusting too. But that doesn't mean I'll ask for banning it. I know that there are some who think that it's a moving documentary and that coming out with the kind of stuff that was shown has it's own merits, however repulsive it might be. I had the choice to not watch it, I could've chosen it. But asking for a ban just because I don't like the idea of airing the documentary sounds silly.

Like I have said before, I have heard people talking about raping women for wearing jeans in South Delhi. It was ok as people laughed and some noded in agreement.So what the documentary maker is saying about society isnt far from the truth. Pulling eyes out of the face might not be very common but rape and molestation are very common even in supposedly Indian modern cities. If we think all is well and we as a society dont have a problem then look around, I can think of multiple aunties whom I know have been at least slapped by their husbands. I know of girls in my generation, who suffered and have been suffering from domestic violence. These things are happening in front of the guys parents, sometimes girls family, neighbors and other people and most people who can stop it, either support it or look the other way. I have tried to tell some of these women to move on, they say we are in 30-40s, have kids, have never worked as our parents married us off as soon as we finished college. We cant go anywhere, cant leave kids etc etc. Some move on and struggle in different way for the rest of their lives and some stay in that *****y environment all their lives and perhaps raise kids who see this oppression as natural. This is the overall problem, Im not saying that its easy for single mothers in the US but when you look at everything, from the time a girl is born. Forget that, even at my wedding, 90% of blessings were to have a SON. As men we dont really see it but its everywhere.

Like I have said before, I have heard people talking about raping women for wearing jeans in South Delhi. It was ok as people laughed and some noded in agreement.So what the documentary maker is saying about society isnt far from the truth. Pulling eyes out of the face might not be very common but rape and molestation are very common even in supposedly Indian modern cities. If we think all is well and we as a society dont have a problem then look around, I can think of multiple aunties whom I know have been at least slapped by their husbands. I know of girls in my generation, who suffered and have been suffering from domestic violence. These things are happening in front of the guys parents, sometimes girls family, neighbors and other people and most people who can stop it, either support it or look the other way. I have tried to tell some of these women to move on, they say we are in 30-40s, have kids, have never worked as our parents married us off as soon as we finished college. We cant go anywhere, cant leave kids etc etc. Some move on and struggle in different way for the rest of their lives and some stay in that *****y environment all their lives and perhaps raise kids who see this oppression as natural. This is the overall problem, Im not saying that its easy for single mothers in the US but when you look at everything, from the time a girl is born. Forget that, even at my wedding, 90% of blessings were to have a SON. As men we dont really see it but its everywhere.
So not enough economic opportunities for women which may allow them to pull a plug on an abusive relationship?

So not enough economic opportunities for women which may allow them to pull a plug on an abusive relationship?
That too and also how most of them are raised, being divorced is a taboo. Education takes a back seat once girls are old enough to be married. If they are living in a decent house on decent family income then they dont want to put their kids through hardship. So its a bit of both. These things are changing but it will take time and the more people read and think about the abuse and the effect these small sayings have on young children, the quicker things will improve. The guys that I keep talking about who made that comment, maybe when they see the documentary, perhaps they will realize that they need to change their thinking, that someone else might think like that and do it to their loved one. Here is my opinion on the documentary * For the govt, the ship has sailed. Whatever they try, they can not stop people from seeing it. In the process they are appearing stupid. * The lady has 60 hours of film with that rapist. Who the heck allowed that, why dont we blame an Indian for not taking everything into consideration than blaming someone else, "a gori" * what is the worst that'll happen when people see the documentary, they will realize that courts are not moving fast enough, there are people living amongst us who try to justify these crimes, women are oppressed. Also, I personally dont like to watch these idiots on TV but people have a choice since its already on the tape.

That too and also how most of them are raised, being divorced is a taboo. Education takes a back seat once girls are old enough to be married. If they are living in a decent house on decent family income then they dont want to put their kids through hardship. So its a bit of both. These things are changing but it will take time and the more people read and think about the abuse and the effect these small sayings have on young children, the quicker things will improve. The guys that I keep talking about who made that comment, maybe when they see the documentary, perhaps they will realize that they need to change their thinking, that someone else might think like that and do it to their loved one.
Divorced rate is steadily climbing in India. Since broken homes and single moms is a sign of modern, developed nation, in couple of decades India should resemble USofA.
Here is my opinion on the documentary * For the govt, the ship has sailed. Whatever they try, they can not stop people from seeing it. In the process they are appearing stupid. * The lady has 60 hours of film with that rapist. Who the heck allowed that, why dont we blame an Indian for not taking everything into consideration than blaming someone else, "a gori" * what is the worst that'll happen when people see the documentary, they will realize that courts are not moving fast enough, there are people living amongst us who try to justify these crimes, women are oppressed. Also, I personally dont like to watch these idiots on TV but people have a choice since its already on the tape.
Congress allowed it to occur. RPN Singh, husband of Sonia Singh of NDTV. Again we are going in circles. Women don't have opportunities so they are forced suffer through abusive marriages. Men in India don't have many economic opportunities either. Oh, I forgot, India is a piss poor country. Literacy rate of England in 1696 was 47%. Shall we examine the conditions of women of jolly old britshitstan during the pre industrial revolution period?

Divorced rate is steadily climbing in India. Since broken homes and single moms is a sign of modern' date=' developed nation, in couple of decades India should resemble USofA. [/quote'] Good, i rather see more divorces in India than unhappy couples and abused spouses Then blame him, find proof about him and talk about that in parliament. This is the first time I have heard his name. But in almost all cases, only one gender is getting beaten, burnt and molested. Great and since they might have taken 200 years to become a better society, we should also move at the same pace.

Good' date=' i rather see more divorces in India than unhappy couples and abused spouses[/quote'] Then you have scant idea about the the role of family in keeping India from breaking apart all together through the turbulent times of the last few centuries. (I going to come across as facile but bear with me for a second )Of all the victims of crimes in India, how many are men ? There was more intellectual capacity in 1696 Britain of 8 million people than 2015 India of 1.2 billion.

Then you have scant idea about the the role of family in keeping India from breaking apart all together through the turbulent times of the last few centuries.
Perhaps you dont understand that its better for a couple to split then to be unhappy with each other and beat the crap out of each other, and sometimes do it in front of the kids.
(I going to come across as facile but bear with me for a second )Of all the victims of crimes in India, how many are men ?
Oh no! I have seen this discussion before. I am also glad that you brought this point so early as now I know where this discussion is headed and can opt out of it.
There was more intellectual capacity in 1696 Britain of 8 million people than 2015 India of 1.2 billion.
Whatever you say!

Perhaps you dont understand that its better for a couple to split then to be unhappy with each other and beat the crap out of each other' date=' and sometimes do it in front of the kids.[/quote'] Even if you can't put do tukde roti in your stomach? I only intended to expose the logical fallacy in your line of reasoning. But I'm glad you pre-empted. Saves me a few keystrokes. Putting aside the industrial revolution they were about to create, they were actually creating new social/philosophical theories. Innovate means you also have the ability to course correct because you are trying to solve a problem as a problem solver should and not an ape.

Even if you can't put do tukde roti in your stomach?
I dont understand your argument. If I use your logic and say, is beating justified as long as the spouse is fed?
I only intended to expose the logical fallacy in your line of reasoning. But I'm glad you pre-empted. Saves me a few keystrokes.
Thats what you think! I know where this was heading and the chances of you actually understanding the problem. This has been discussed here before and I am very happy that I saved you few keystrokes.
Putting aside the industrial revolution they were about to create, they were actually creating new social/philosophical theories. Innovate means you also have the ability to course correct because you are trying to solve a problem as a problem solver should and not an ape.
If economic development was the only reason for rape, molestation and domestic violence then a large part of Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai wouldnt have as many cases of this nature. Its a factor but not the only factor. The theories that you talk about took more than 200 years to get women voting rights but it happened in India quite early. So its soch and is soch ko badalna hoga, more information can help people introspect.

This guy's picture is on every news source, CNN, Dailymail, BBC what not.. Many Americans also agree with not allowing it to air as they feel it is like glorifying a criminal. Also some are unhappy that they are focussing on just one case of rape , Some detest the title .. they feel She is a citizen not daughter. What does it even mean India's daughter.. There are so many things that can be offended about. If half the country gets offended it is wise move to take it down. All countries have banned films or documentaries for their own reasons including UK, USA. Even some of the non-Indians are unhappy with airing the interview of the criminal. Seeing his picture in every online news source is plain disgusting.

I dont understand your argument. If I use your logic and say' date=' is beating justified as long as the spouse is fed?[/quote'] You said that they stay in the marriage because often times they don't (or they feel that way) have the ways and means to sustain themselves. I assume you put right to life over the right to be not abused? I doubt you know where I was headed. Domestic violence and family income/earning have an inverse relationship. I think that is an established fact. What I don't know is if rape documentaries such as the latest one does anything to reduce violence against women considering the perpetrators will probably not be the audience (even if originally intended). Sounds no better than beauty contest bimbo saying, "I wish for world peace".

This guy's picture is on every news source' date=' CNN, Dailymail, BBC what not.. Many Americans also agree with not allowing it to air as they feel it is like glorifying a criminal. Also some are unhappy that they are focussing on just one case of rape , Some detest the title .. they feel She is a citizen not daughter. What does it even mean India's daughter.. There are so many things that can be offended about. If half the country gets offended it is wise move to take it down. All countries have banned films or documentaries for their own reasons including UK, USA. Even some of the non-Indians are unhappy with airing the interview of the criminal. Seeing his picture in every online news source is plain disgusting.[/quote'] Calling her the country's daughter is a compliment and definitely nothing to be offended of. Just because many people are against it doesn't mean you should take it down.

Calling her the country's daughter is a compliment and definitely nothing to be offended of. Just because many people are against it doesn't mean you should take it down.
That is exactly why religiously offensive posts/videos are taken down , banned. It doesn't have to offend the whole country. Even group of people would be enough. I am talking about sensitive things.. not about movies about gays etc. There are variety of reasons people get offended. In addition to that there was clearly some legal and ethical violation by the director. If not for anything naming the victim itself deserves banning. Why are we obtuse to that. You cannot take advantage of a very very sad story just because it is high profile to make money. Why couldn't they take up any other rape case in India? Why this? Any explanation for that? My conclusion is we have this pseduo-progressive feeling that drives us to be self-loathing. Some don't like it because it was banned by BJJP. Banning a controversial film won't make us regressive. BBC is scumbag network . Thes british ****tards during their colonial period raped 1000s of women even 1000s of men and killed millions of people. They let 3 million bengalis die due to famine. The kind of atrocities they have committed through out their history should automatically reject anything they offer us. http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/

That is exactly why religiously offensive posts/videos are taken down , banned. It doesn't have to offend the whole country. Even group of people would be enough. I am talking about sensitive things.. not about movies about gays etc. There are variety of reasons people get offended. In addition to that there was clearly some legal and ethical violation by the director. If not for anything naming the victim itself deserves banning. Why are we obtuse to that. You cannot take advantage of a very very sad story just because it is high profile to make money. Why couldn't they take up any other rape case in India? Why this? Any explanation for that? My conclusion is we have this pseduo-progressive feeling that drives us to be self-loathing. Some don't like it because it was banned by BJJP. Banning a controversial film won't make us regressive. BBC is scumbag network . Thes british ****tards during their colonial period raped 1000s of women even 1000s of men and killed millions of people. They let 3 million bengalis die due to famine. The kind of atrocities they have committed through out their history should automatically reject anything they offer us. http://listverse.com/2014/02/04/10-evil-crimes-of-the-british-empire/
I agree that the Britishers did not create this documentary to create a widespread change in the mentality of sick individuals. But if it serves the purpose then why don't we just ignore BBC? What part of the documentary offends people? A convict with a sick mentality (and two idiotic lawyers who shame their entire profession) spout some rubbish that we know they would say. That should not be surprising or offensive. If they took any other rape case, people would come up with the same issues.

Are men like Mukesh Singh an exception? A: I don’t think men like Mukesh Singh are an exception. I think most men in this country are programmed a certain way. But I have to say that I think there is a huge band of forward-looking people in this country. That’s the hope. And that’s why you had the uprising. There was an uprising for gender equality in this country. There’s not another country in the world that has done that in my lifetime, and I am very old. Q. You said Mukesh did not un