NZ on their way to minnow status?

Holysmoke

After heavy losses in South Africa, there is a growing chorus predicting the Black Caps could be headed for minnow status Former New Zealand wicketkeeper Adam Parore has joined Mark Richardson in expressing grave concerns for the future of the Black Caps. Richardson has suggested New Zealand is on its way to minnow status after their heavy losses in South Africa and a poor record in recent years. Parore says the Black Caps do not appear to have answers for the steady flow of retirements from Stephen Fleming's team of the 1990s, and Fleming says he cannot identify a core six or seven players that would form the future of the Black Caps. Parore says only Ross Taylor and maybe Jamie How fit into that category. source ->http://www.radiosport.co.nz/SportsNews/spcri/Detail.aspx?id=127803

i thin they perform poor in test series...and its not their fault since their board is not arrenging many series...after WC2007 their first series was 20/20 and then after that south africa...so they should have more test matches in order to get their expereince...mostly there are new members in the team...i think they have played only 18 test matches in 06-07 not sure abt the exact number...

I feel sorry for New Zealand, because their structure and administration is excellent ... on par with Australia ... sadly, they only have a population of a few million ... so there is not much depth. However, to their credit they have produced (as a percentage of their population) quite a few quality players like ... Vettori, Hadlee, Crowe, Cairns, Astle, etc. If we combined NZL's administration with India's depth in talent, we would have an unstoppable team I feel.

New Zealand's brief limited overs tour of Australia got off to a disappointing start when it was beaten in the Lilac Hill festival match here Friday. Up against a Cricket Australia Chairman's XI side featuring several retired players and some fringe first-class cricketers, the Black Caps fell seven runs short in a big run chase, despite a century by new skipper Brendon McCullum. After the home side was dismissed for 285 in 47 overs, the Kiwis made 9-278 from their 50 overs. The Black Caps needed 15 off the last over to win. The match offered New Zealand its only chance to tune up for Tuesday's sold-out Twenty20 international against Australia at the WACA Ground, and the subsequent three-match Chappell-Hadlee Trophy series. With new skipper Daniel Vettori rested, McCullum took over the captaincy for the first time and led from the front, making 119 from 126 balls at the top of the order. The gifted strokemaker hit nine fours and five sixes on the small Lilac Hill ground, but lacked support as the required run rate grew. He was the only Kiwi batsman to make a significant score, although Jamie How and tailender Mark Gillespie both made 30. The Kiwis looked set to win when McCullum and Matthew Sinclair (27) put on 57 for the fourth wicket, but the latter's dismissal to part-time spinner David Hussey sparked a collapse, with the Black Caps losing 4-45. Star all-rounder Jacob Oram made just 12 and when he was stumped from the bowling of Hussey, New Zealand's hopes of victory were fading fast. Hussey, young spinner Aaron Heal and retired seamer Jo Angel each claimed two wickets for the Chairman's XI. Earlier, wayward Western Australian batsman Luke Pomersbach took to the New Zealand bowlers to belt 88 from 65 balls. The big-hitting Pomersbach, dropped from the WA side recently for disciplinary reasons, was well-supported by Hussey, who made 73 from just 53 balls and hit five sixes. Oram was the best of the New Zealand bowlers, with 3-41 from seven overs. Chris Martin also impressed with 2-36 from nine overs, while Iain O'Brien claimed one wicket, but went for 52 runs from just four overs.
this was like adding salt to injury http://www.cricbuzz.com/component/latest_cricket_news/Story/2140/black-caps-beaten-in-tour-match/

Half of test playing nations are in minnow status right now. NZ is no worse than say WI, Pakistan or Bangladesh. There goes the bottom half. The left overs are Aus and they are way above everyone else. Ind, Eng, SA and SL are in the second tier. The rest are in the bottom tier anyways.

Half of test playing nations are in minnow status right now. NZ is no worse than say WI' date=' Pakistan or Bangladesh. There goes the bottom half. The left overs are Aus and they are way above everyone else. Ind, [b']Eng, SA and SL are in the second tier. The rest are in the bottom tier anyways.
ENG's results in recent times haven't been good either. Since winning the 05 Ashes they have only been able to win 1 major series(summer series against PAK) and have lost 5 nil to AUS, 2 nil to PAK, 1 nil to IND and have now have lost the test match to SL as well.
ENG's results in recent times haven't been good either. Since winning the 05 Ashes they have only been able to win 1 major series(summer series against PAK) and have lost 5 nil to AUS, 2 nil to PAK, 1 nil to IND and have now have lost the test match to SL as well.
I suppose that promotes good competition among the rest. Saffies and India would be the second tier ones. None can touch Australia at this point in time. I'd say a bilateral series between any of the rest of the teams barring Australia, Saffies and India would be hard fought.

There are just not enough tours for other countries. I mean when did NZ tour India last ? (2000-01 is my guess), when did SA tour NZ ? My point is ICC planned out fixtures where they can gain more $$. Being an Indian cricket team fan, I am happy with ICC but they have completely ignored NZ from their fixtures.

I suppose that promotes good competition among the rest. Saffies and India would be the second tier ones. None can touch Australia at this point in time. I'd say a bilateral series between any of the rest of the teams barring Australia' date=' Saffies and India would be hard fought.[/quote'] Fully backed up by the latest ICC Test table, published after matches at Kolkata and Kandy. http://icc-cricket.yahoo.com/rankings/rankings.html