why doesn't england play ramprakash

Cricketics

guy was in top class form last season.. scoring centuries after centuries but yet he was not picked for england's test team to Aus, which got thrashed 5-0.. perhapz was the best English County player season by far.. yet eng being above all teams in icc ratings exception of Aus, it still doesn't look the best among the rest.. Ramprakash is a solid middle order batsman.. who cares how old he is.. nothing wrong to pick him english test side....

Ramz is a run machine in County Cricket..
This is quite true Cricketics but the gulf between County Cricket and Test Cricket is huge. Last year Ramps became the first player in CC to average over 100 in two consecutive seasons, but with a Test average of only 27 I can only think that the selectors have washed their hands with him. Which IMO is absolutely bollocks. With that kind of recent form I'm sure he was worth the gamble over Bopara and Shah.:hysterical::hysterical: But dya reckon ageism has come into it here?:omg_smile:
last i heard, ramprakash and caddick are fighting to get back into the team nearly everyone here in the country has been talking about ramprakash over the last 2 years everyone apart from the ECB
Caddick? You've got to be joking the guy's nearly forty. As for Ramprakash, his time had been and gone. He was just like Hick, good at the county level, mediocre in tests. Forget him.
yeh he's 38 but check out his stats for the last 2 years 2006 - First Class Matches 2007 - First Class Matches
If 38 is really really old I think I'll pack it all in now then.:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: The guy is still at the peak of his fitness. A lot fitter than a plethora of test cricketers a great deal younger than Ramps. I agree with maggot_ brain about Caddick though. F/FM bowlers surely don't last as long in the playing sense as long as batsmen do. Bring back Ramps for Bopara or Shah.:two_thumbs_up:

The issue is not with the particular player, but with the english selection policy. Until a few years ago, they never picked a player till they turned 26-27..... That started backfiring, because the team basically was composed of oldies and the youngsters were always on the outside. They then dropped that unwritten age criteria, but went to the other end of the spectrum to not pick an older player however well they were doing domestically. Ramps is a casualty of that policy change.