Caught Out!!

Having a character like shoaib who gives a foot to team policies and guidelines is a disaster to team harmony. He seems like a law unto himself. I am sure EVERY young player in pak team feels like a jackass for following team rules diligently. They would be thinking, "why the hell should i listen to what they say ?? Seems like many seniors are giving them sh!t respect anyway"
Never said that he is an angel off the field. Having said that if you look back at this tour it is quite apparent (at least to me) that Shoaib has tried harder than any of the 14-15 other players who played in the ODI or the test series. If he didn't care about the team then he would have never played through those asthma attacks and the other viral infection. Shoaib is similar to Shane Warne.. a lot of scandals off the pitch but once these 2 men get on the pitch then they try their best.
Having a character like shoaib who gives a foot to team policies and guidelines is a disaster to team harmony. He seems like a law unto himself. I am sure EVERY young player in pak team feels like a jackass for following team rules diligently. They would be thinking, "why the hell should i listen to what they say ?? Seems like many seniors are giving them sh!t respect anyway"
mars-man, how does Shoaib partying in the evening dangerous to team harmony.... u dont like to go clubbing after a hard day's work? does it mean, tht ur employer can fire u, inspite of u being the star performer and who puts in the hardest at work?
Sure Lurker' date=' just look at the rising number of teenage pregnancies happening in India. What matters is not the proper use of birth control but rather promiscuous behavior of younger generation![/quote'] Ah I hear you. I dont disagree with you HC. Yes Indian culture and traditions are quickly vanishing. My parents are visiting my sister in England early next year and they tried to get a few traditional things from India. Things like kajal, thats put in eyes for kids. Couldnt find it in Delhi. Such traditions are being kept alive in smaller towns but changing fast very fast.
Never said that he is an angel off the field. Having said that if you look back at this tour it is quite apparent (at least to me) that Shoaib has tried harder than any of the 14-15 other players who played in the ODI or the test series. If he didn't care about the team then he would have never played through those asthma attacks and the other viral infection. Shoaib is similar to Shane Warne.. a lot of scandals off the pitch but once these 2 men get on the pitch then they try their best.
Nobody is faulting his effort on the field, but the impact his activities off it that makes me cringe. And this is not the first time i have called for him to dumped once and for all. He has a history of breaking rules, causing dispute within the team and bad name to the Pakistan in general. He may win you an odd match here and there, but the net impact of his presence is negative, IMO.
mars-man' date=' how does Shoaib partying in the evening dangerous to team harmony.... u dont like to go clubbing after a hard day's work? does it mean, tht ur employer can fire u, inspite of u being the star performer and who puts in the hardest at work?[/quote'] Gats, nobody is against him socializing, but why would the team management be angry with him had he followed procedures ? Obviously, he has either left without informing anyone or returned in the wee hours of the morning, thus affecting his overall physical and mental state.
Gats, nobody is against him socializing, but why would the team management be angry with him had he followed procedures ? Obviously, he has either left without informing anyone or returned in the wee hours of the morning, thus affecting his overall physical and mental state.
they r angry cos their rules are talibansque.... NO PARTYING. PERIOD.... i support him throwing those rules on their face....
Indian media should be worried about Indian society galloping downhill not about Shoiab Akhtar's character or how he dances with less-clothed teenage girls!
yeah our society is going down the gutter... no more jobs, wars every now and then, social injustice and a stagnant economy... oh wait...

i dont get this infatuation with shoaib off the field... like none of us has ever been a deviant citizen when not at work. simply because he is a sports personality, is he supposed to live the life of a hermit at all times? if he can still blast through batting line ups and as he has shown so far, the only pakistani bowler with the ability of more than just a slow, dim witted snail; what he does on his own time and his own dime is no one's business. fast bowling takes a lot out of the body. i have had two surgeries on my knees since i was 16 and saw all my dreams of playing professional cricket destroyed at the age of 18, so if someone tells me that i ought to not enjoy what ever little success i am attain, i have three words for that person: "suck on it!". as long as shoaib is playing better cricket than any pakistani cricketer in the past ten years, they should leave him the frack alone when he is not on the field.!

THX, Exactly. If it is a violation of PCB rules, let them deal with him, and if he really transcends and breaks a law, then let the law enforcement deal with it!
true. but if the PCB is now forcing regulations on what players do when not on the field, then i believe they ought to include the "slavery clause" in the contract they sign with the players.
Sure Lurker' date=' just look at the rising number of teenage pregnancies happening in India. What matters is not the proper use of birth control but rather promiscuous behavior of younger generation![/quote'] no the reason for teenage pregnancies is me. i cant help it dude, i just love them young b*tches and since i am a godless atheist, i have no morals and thus feel compelled to indulge in the "downfall of society".