Caught Out!!

Dancing with under-age Bong girls!!! What next Chucky? SPORTS_IMG0612.jpgAkhtar under PCB scanner for late night partying BANGALORE: Shoaib Akhtar is playing true to form by refusing to stay away from controversy. The latest row surrounds a photograph of him in yesterday’s edition of The Telegraph, which shows the pace ace having a good time in female company at a discotheque in Kolkata. Extremely upset According to sources in the Pakistan camp, the team management is extremely upset over the fact that Shoaib continues to party along. This is the third time he has been caught out as it were. Former batsman and team manager Talat Ali is believed to have been particularly peeved at Shoaib’s nocturnal activities. Talat had sent him packing home from South Africa after the physical altercation with Mohammad Asif before the World Twenty20 in SA. Talat, it is learnt will make a mention of Shoaib’s behaviour in his tour report which will reach the Pakistan Cricket Board chief Nasim Ashraf on his return from America. Meanwhile, the Pakistanis are witnessing a controversy similar to the Dilip Vengsarkar vs BCCI fracas. On the final day of the Kolkata Test on Tuesday, Pakistan’s manager Talat Ali and media manager Ehsan Malik told the press that fast bowler Abdur Rauf was cover for the ill Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami. Bypass selectors However, they were soon to discover that Zakir Khan, the Board’s Director — Cricket Operations decided to bypass the selectors and send the more experienced Iftikhar Anjum. This enraged the team management and the selectors, who will lodge an official protest with PCB chief Ashraf.

Indian media should be worried about Indian society galloping downhill not about Shoiab Akhtar's character or how he dances with less-clothed teenage girls!
:hysterical::hysterical: True but that wont sell. Media writes what sells. By the way I am curious to know about your comment up above. Any particular thingy you had in mind HC?

actually this is not any Indian media fault.. shoaib, being a cricketer is pretty famous in India.. hence he was captured by the media ppl... and that news would have been like "shoaib enjoying" but Pcb are the one who are not liking this this.. hence they are the one who have taken action and not the India ppl..

:hysterical::hysterical: True but that wont sell. Media writes what sells. By the way I am curious to know about your comment up above. Any particular thingy you had in mind HC?
Sure Lurker, just look at the rising number of teenage pregnancies happening in India. What matters is not the proper use of birth control but rather promiscuous behavior of younger generation!

I dont care how hard Akhtar parties, as long he is fully fit, physically and mentally for every practice session and match. Who has the right to stop him from socializing as long as it doesnt have a destructive influence on the team ? But boy, isnt he a party animal or what ! Despite repeated warnings and threats, he continues with his maverick lifestyle. And he is no mis-informed 23-24 year old.The guy is as old as a tortoise, yet he seems to do that most basic mistakes. In Hindsight, I would probably never have such a player in my team in the first place. Pakistan would do well get rid of Shoaib once and for all, start from scratch and build a team. It would be better off for the newspaper headlines to scream " Poor bowling from Pak bowlers" after their defeat, rather than " bowler suspended due to drug abuse, captain is hesitant to continue, team in shambles".

You need more education on the risks of teen pregnancy in India, hc and lurks. Its not all about "strict control" - more about bringing awareness.
Fineleg, you may have a different view but I'm for abstination before marriage rather than playing safe but with the increasing trendy population it is just a citadel thought!

But the least that idiot can do is NOT get photographed while he is partying. Does he actually send a telegram to every media house in Ind about his antics everytime he goes out or something ? I beginning to have one serious doubt off-late. Is Shoaib really brainless, or is he acting like he doesnt have one ?

I dont care how hard Akhtar parties' date=' [b']as long he is fully fit, physically and mentally for every practice session and match. Who has the right to stop him from socializing as long as it doesnt have a destructive influence on the team ? But boy, isnt he a party animal or what ! Despite repeated warnings and threats, he continues with his maverick lifestyle. And he is no mis-informed 23-24 year old.The guy is as old as a tortoise, yet he seems to do that most basic mistakes. In Hindsight, I would probably never have such a player in my team in the first place. Pakistan would do well get rid of Shoaib once and for all, start from scratch and build a team. It would be better off for the newspaper headlines to scream " Poor bowling from Pak bowlers" after their defeat, rather than " bowler suspended due to drug abuse, captain is hesitant to continue, team in shambles".
well he has been fully fit and performing in each match of the tour then why would you want to get rid of him? i guess media is not too happy at that.
well he has been fully fit and performing in each match of the tour then why would you want to get rid of him? i guess media is not too happy at that.
Having a character like shoaib who gives a foot to team policies and guidelines is a disaster to team harmony. He seems like a law unto himself. I am sure EVERY young player in pak team feels like a jackass for following team rules diligently. They would be thinking, "why the hell should i listen to what they say ?? Seems like many seniors are giving them sh!t respect anyway"