Yorkshire Pujara Watch/County Cricket 2015 Thread

G_B_

Apparently that was Che's last match as Maxwell arrives on Sunday' date=' but at least he signed off in style contributing to a win . Hope he returns some day if we need him[/quote'] sad just as he was getting his eye in. I guess good on che 4 tests he played and he is averaging 50 plus and a big win for yorkshire. I hope he can return to Yorkshire sooner or later. Hope more English sides take a gamble on Indian players.

If the BCCI allowed it I'm sure there'd be a few playing in our T20 competition, which starts this Friday, once the IPL finishes. I'd love to see Dhoni, Jadeja, Rahane, Kohli, Dhawan etc playing T20 cricket here. Even the lesser known names like Pathan and Uthappa would make an impact

If the BCCI allowed it I'm sure there'd be a few playing in our T20 competition' date=' which starts this Friday, once the IPL finishes. I'd love to see Dhoni, Jadeja, Rahane, Kohli, Dhawan etc playing T20 cricket here. Even the lesser known names like Pathan and Uthappa would make an impact[/quote'] I doubt they will allow Indians to play T20 anywhere but the IPL.That makes them exclusive property. By playing FC and Limited overs matches shouldnt be an issue.

the problem is that the counties need big players in t20 cricket to attract the crowd. it limits the appeal of the indian players if they cannot play t20. I dont agree with the bcci policy of keeping indian players to the IPL. Outside the indian domestic season they should be allowed.

I agree. It goes for other T20 competitions as well as the English one. The BBL is a great tournament and product, as the crowds there this year showed, but would be enhanced even further with Indian involvement. I do think it's a great shame that the BCCI take this stance

to be honest BBL is during Indian ranji season dont want cricketers gallivanting off playing t20. India will further slip in test cricket. I think counties and cpl (Caribbean) they should have the option.

Bring back Pujara. Maxwell out for 0 & 2' date=' and we're staring at a defeat here[/quote'] more than maxwell its a case of uncertainty with gillespie. now that england coach is settled i expext yorkshire to bounce back strongly
more than maxwell its a case of uncertainty with gillespie. now that england coach is settled i expext yorkshire to bounce back strongly
Agreed, set them 200-250 in this game and who says we can't win this one! Taunton is an excellent track for batting though (which makes our performance this innings all the more disappointing) and it's a small ground too, perfect for chasing almost any score, so a Somerset win is still the most likely result here. I don't think it will be a draw

Younis Khan, the Pakistan batsman, has hauled out of his arrangement to play for Yorkshire this season however the club have moved quickly to sign Indian Test batsman Cheteshwar Pujara. Younis had at first discounted himself of Pakistan's visit to Bangladesh in April and May, and consented to an arrangement with Yorkshire until late May. In any case, he had a change of heart and has now proclaimed himself accessible for that visit. Yorkshire were unwilling to hold up to see whether Younis was chosen in the Pakistan squad and crossed out his agreement.