What a contrast !

Ram

Year : 2006 Number of 50s - 1 Number of 100s - 0 Number of MoMs - 0 Significant achievements - 0 Actually, number of matches - 2 Year : 2007 Number of matches : Close to 50 Number of 50s : More than 15 Number of 100 : 3 test 100s Number of MoMs : Plenty Significant achievementa : Leading run scorer in the test series against South Africa, Scored a century against Bangladesh, Just a few runs short of the leading run-scorer in the test series victory in Eng, Leading run-scorer against Pakistan, Scored close to 1250 runs at an ave of 44 in ODIs. 83457.jpg Is this the best comeback EVER by an Indian player ? Wow Dada ! Take a Bow ! :hail: :congrats:

Guest dada_rocks
Remarkable come back from this man. Now check his domestic/counties record prior to his come back. Nothing fantastic. Does that tell us something ?
:two_thumbs_up: precisely peope were saying what has he done.. hint sehwag's caning of nzlander in 20/20 sud have been enough to earn him comeback bottomline is these proven guys don't get motivated enough iplaying domestic trundlers.. nothing is lost yet selectors please bring verru back..

hahahaha. I still remember what the sentiment was like on here when he was discussed as an selection for the Test squad before the South African series. "WHAT ?!?!?! GANGULY ? HE TOTALLY SUCKS ASS ! HE CAN'T EVEN PLAY A SHORT BALL !! HIS BATTING AVERAGE IN SA IS LIKE...30 SOMETHING !! HE SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING AT ALL !!"

hahahaha. I still remember what the sentiment was like on here when he was discussed as an selection for the Test squad before the South African series. "WHAT ?!?!?! GANGULY ? HE TOTALLY SUCKS ASS ! HE CAN'T EVEN PLAY A SHORT BALL !! HIS BATTING AVERAGE IN SA IS LIKE...30 SOMETHING !! HE SHOULDN'T BE PLAYING AT ALL !!"
all other indian batsmen have an average of 100+ in SA innit ? :cantstop: I have to agree Ganguly has made a greatest comeback in Indian cricketing history. It should be inspirational by other ignored players who shouldn't lose their heart instead perform if they're picked
What a turn around . I thought ganguly was gone' date=' infact was disgusted when saw him return against SA. Hats off to him what a come back. what i like about the whole thing is the [b']team that screwed him is the team he is screwing now.
explain ? :hmmmm2:
he is a smart player he knows his strengths and weaknesses, when the ball is in his area, its 4 and when its not, he's not bothered by it
suck ass all you guys who said he dont deserve a place back in the team
I still maintain Ganguly didnt "deserve" the spot in the team he got when we went to SA. He hadnt done anything of note to "deserve his place back in the team".Yes, once given his place, he has been phenomenal, which has been very heartening to see, no denying that. But there's a difference there.....
I still maintain Ganguly didnt "deserve" the spot in the team he got when we went to SA. He hadnt done anything of note to "deserve his place back in the team".Yes' date= once given his place, he has been phenomenal, which has been very heartening to see, no denying that. But there's a difference there.....
But i thought, per your own criteria, performance does not matter as much for tests ?:haha:
Last time when Pak were in India' date=' Ganguly i think failed to reach double digits in 3 test. then ODIs he got a 4 match ban , subsequently lost Captaincy and was dropped. But Pak series was where it all started.[/quote'] exactly. he had one bad series and was dropped for good, to quote More... by the same criteria, RD should have been dropped long ago...

Most top players never run out of form for a very long duration. This applies to every player that has played over 200 ODIs and 50 tests. If they didn't have the ability they wouldn't really be in the reckoning. People were doubting even the likes of Tendulkar, Hayden and the rest but we all know how long it took for them to get to business. Ganguly is another of those players that has over 16000 international runs. Few drawbacks not with standing he still is a good player and in the long run was going to come good. I wasn't surprised the way he's come back but he sure needed to be dropped couple of years ago. It only helped him to get where he is right now.