Do you actually realize ?

Ram

That we are just two sessions away from our first home series win over Pakistan in two decades ? If we win the first two sessions on day 2, ( i.e, just manage to bat them out), we would have scored atleast 530-540. That, on this pitch is an excellent first innings score. Still, Pakistan too has every chance of dismissing India cheaply tomorrow. I am so excited ! :yay::yay: :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:

i think the decades and years are misleading... we play quite regularly with some countries and with some we play once in a decade.. like against Bangla..we already have played 3-4 away series..and against NZ just one away series.. a true measure will be the number of series played between the two countries.. how many home series has india played against pakistan since india last won a home series against them?

MM, You are getting way too ahead of yourself. Our lower middle order+tail has done the following: 1. Played very well and scored runs if India is in 120-5 or 160-6 type situations to take us to 275-300. 2. When we are not in terrific but reasonably good score like we are 350+, then they fail to deliver and fold for another 50 runs or so. I've seen this happen, and I am a bit wary if we will make our total 500+ which will make it a good total. We should severely criticize the lower middle order - KKD+IKP and tail if we get a total less than another 150+ runs (500-520 ish atleast) THE FIRST SESSION IS critical...gotta let the sun dry the pitch out during lunch.

ok series that we won.. was in 79-80 then pak won a test in 87 and won the series (1-0)..rest were draws then we played 2 tests after 10 years..in 98..we won 1.. pak won 1 then 04-05.. again a drawn series.. we won 1..they won 1 now present... so they won 1 series......

ain't a big deal really mm.. series happend @ home like once in a blue moon so u can't really say we last won the series like 2 decades back or somethng.
And besides this is a depleted Pakistan side . I would be more excited if we performed well in Australia than if we won this series.
And besides this is a depleted Pakistan side . I would be more excited if we performed well in Australia than if we won this series.
No disrespect, but i am afraid you got your priorities wrong. Our performance in Aus should have no bearing on victory celebrations if we beat Pak. EVERY victory is worth savoring in its own right.
No disrespect, but i am afraid you got your priorities wrong. Our performance in Aus should have no bearing on victory celebrations if we beat Pak. EVERY victory is worth savoring in its own right.
My priorities are wrong? Tell me what would be a more special victory ... beating Australia in Australia or beating a depleted Pakistan side in India?
My priorities are wrong? Tell me what would be a more special victory ... beating Australia in Australia or beating a depleted Pakistan side in India?
So you are holding what could be potentially India's first victory over Pak in home soil in 2 decades hostage to our future performance in Aus ? Beating Aus IS special,but that shouldnt stop us from celebrating hard if we beat Pak. They are two mutually exclusive events.

Did I say that ? I just said I would be more excited about beating Australia in Australia. You keep exaggerating it by calling it our first win in 2 decades ... when its been like just 5 or 6 matches ... just because those 5 or 6 matches were spaced out over 2 decades, don't make it sound like we have been consistently losing to Pakistan for 2 decades. I can exaggerate things and bend the facts too by saying we are about to beat a team that has only beaten us once in the last 30 years. Everyone expected us to win this series, Pakistan were hit with injuries to key bowlers from the start (I guess so were we). We have the home crowd support. If we win, thats fantastic ... but lets not get carried away here. We are currently ranked no.2 in the world, and they are ranked no.6 ... we are expected to win. Celebrate by all means, but I think beating Australia in Australia is the bigger victory.

I'd much rather see us push for a victory here. Given that we're 461/6, I'll now be a little disappointed if the series doesn't end 2-0. Although don't completely write off any team based on 5 sessions. Keep Adelaide in mind. Both times.
If we score anything in excess of 550, i will be betting my life for us to atleast not lose this, mainly becuase i dont think Pak has what it takes to put it past beyond us after that. Comon guys, win this session and help us to celebrate.