I hope people are watching Ishant Sharma bowling rubbish

fineleg

Despite today's showing I would not be too harsh on Ishant ... he is only 19 years of age ... he needs some time. Its not like he is playing every match. Just one off matches here and there to give him a feel for what international cricket is like. In 4 or 5 years when he is a bit bigger, he will be a much better bowler i feel.

Despite today's showing I would not be too harsh on Ishant ... he is only 19 years of age ... he needs some time. Its not like he is playing every match. Just one off matches here and there to give him a feel for what international cricket is like. In 4 or 5 years when he is a bit bigger' date=' he will be a much better bowler i feel.[/quote'] I'm sure by your logic Sanju Baba will make a great fast bowler now.

I always had doubt about this guy's ability. He hasn't done jack **** in his first class career to be in final XI. VRV << Ishant << Munaf << Aggy. We need RP, ZK, Sree to be fit, so we have can IP, ZK, RP and Sree to be in a final XI.

I was quite disappointed with the pace of bowling yesterday, expected him to run in hard and bang the ball in a around 140 ks, but he in the earkly 130s. He didnt seem in rhythm yesterday, lost his run-up a couple of times and bowled quite a few no balls. It looked like he was losing his action/run-up a couple of strides before the delivery stride. His strides were getting shorter. BUT, we would do a grave injustice to ourselves if we start giving up on a promising 19 year-old after one spell. There is a reason why he is in the team and that is he is talented and can bowl well. As I have said many times before, the terms 19 year old and fast bowler dont go too well with each other.These matches will be a great learning curve for him. He is tall, hits the deck and got the most bounce of any bowler in this match so far. I am encouraged.

lets be fair he is 19 playing his second game, 1st at home, sharing new ball with a guy who scored 100 and over that expected to run through batting line up,give him time to settle down. Atleast wait till end of test. Maybe Pak has 19 yr old pathan like player at every corner but in India not every 19 yrs old bowler will get a dream start like pathan.

whatever happened to ranadeb bose ... got selected for the england series' date=' didnt get a game ... and now he his name doesnt come up even when 5 frnotline bowlers are injured![/quote'] dont forget the small matter of him getting a fifer in the only match he played, where ishant was taken to the cleaners.
dont forget the small matter of him getting a fifer in the only match he played' date=' where ishant was taken to the cleaners.[/quote'] Feverpitch made this point earlier, and I completely agree with him. We have tried Munaf, VRV and Ishant before and frankly, they have been shocking. By what criterion does Ishant get in ahead of Ronodeb? The latter bowled really well in the only tour match he got in England. So OK, he is a line & length bowler, doesn't cross 130 kph, but hell, so is Vaas, and look how he has outbowled the other seamers in Sri Lanka. My grouse with Ishant, VRV and Munaf is not that they are mediocre, they are all of that, but that they seem to literally splutter and gag when the spotlight is on them. I reckon that's a trio of losers Indian selectors would do well to spurn like Mycobacterium leprae. Give us a few bowlers with heart, for goodness sake. Why oh why, did Sree have to go and get himself injured at such an inconvenient time?

Dont club Munaf with VRV & Ishant, Dhondy. Munaf is a good bowler, he's a raw talent. He is a classic example of a specimen who would benefit from a good coach. Munaf needs to be led, guided, as he himself is not intelligent to figure his bowling out. I am disappointed with the job Venkatesh Prasad has done as a coach. Munaf has pace & accuracy. He loses both after a few spells, but when he gets his radar right, he will be a very difficult bowler to negotiate. He can seam the ball from good length, as well as reverse it. I dont recall a better debut by an Indian pacer (than Munaf's vs England). We must not squander away Munaf. He has the wherewithals reqd of a good fast bowler.