I hope people are watching Ishant Sharma bowling rubbish

fineleg

Watching Ishant for the first time. He isn't that bad - just really raw at this stage. For starters, he bowls at a decent pace - he got as fast as 137.9 kmph, and operated in the 132-136 range which isn't bad for a 19 year old. He just hasn't developed that cricketing "brain" yet. His L & L is inconsistent and it's obvious that he just hasn't figured out how to bowl on a pitch like this. He lacks accuracy 'cos he doesn't have a plan in mind - his bowling is all over the place. These things come with experience though. I hope they don't take him to Australia, because he would get killed. But he is one to watch out for. One thing he needs to rectify straight away is his run rup. He bowls too many no balls - unacceptable at this level

Guest HariSampath

drop Ishant from the 11 and keep him in the squad will be my choice. One other thing...he has never come here to Chennai for the MRF training, no proper extended spell at all. players like Zaheer, Irfan and Sreeshant have had their careers redefined by Lillee and Sekhar at the camp...maybe BCCI and Venky Prasad should call MRF. Ishant will certainly become a mainline strike bowler in 2-3 seasons, and with some more muscle. He should also be asked to toil it out at the first class level, will make him tougher

Tics, I have been watching his bowling yesterday and today. Despite this wicket, it is trash bowling. The comments I wrote above are cricinfo descriptions, and I'm sure if you are watching the same match I saw day-2 and day-3, you've seen I.S. "bowl" wide down leg or most likely wide of off stump!:D

There you go....look at 96.3 YET AGAIN!!!!! 96.3Sharma to Kamran Akmal, 4 byes, short ball, far down the leg side once more, the ball beats everyone and runs away for byes 96.2Sharma to Kamran Akmal, no run, short of a good length and on the off, the ball jags back in sharply and hits pad via the inside edge 96.1Sharma to Faisal Iqbal, OUT, Ishant Sharma strikes! this one rears off a good length and Faisal has some trouble adjusting to the extra bounce. The ball bobs up to the on side and there's a fielder close to the bat on the leg side just waiting to snap up the catch