So Ishant for Aussie tour or no?

Cricketics

So Ishant for Aussie tour or no?  

1. 1.

Yes.. bloody yes for me.. itz a big 4 match test series.. surely we can make a place for him in the squad.. he deserves to be in the squad if not in the initial playing 11 for the first test.. again, now those who didn't watch the game.. don't go on cricinfo and check his bowling figures for the day.. they won't really do justice to the way he bowled.. he bowled his heart out.. lot of decisions went agianst him.... should have had like 3-4 wickets.. Ishant for Aussie tour

Guest HariSampath

BIG YES... we need a good right arm fast medium and Ishant is very good, should be in the squad, and can play in 11 if someone playes badly in tests

what about Salil Agarkar' date=' the newest allrounder in the mould of Ian Botham ?:D[/quote'] He's a left arm spinner, Hari... And in theory, Dhoni doesn't sound that bad. Tall bloke, does get some decent pace when he has bowled, strong shoulders so he hits the deck hard, amazing stamina from his keeping so long spells won't be a problem. Given the choice between the two, I'd give the ball to MSD and banish Eggy from the field. :D
Yes.. bloody yes for me.. itz a big 4 match test series.. surely we can make a place for him in the squad.. he deserves to be in the squad if not in the initial playing 11 for the first test.. again, now those who didn't watch the game.. don't go on cricinfo and check his bowling figures for the day.. they won't really do justice to the way he bowled.. he bowled his heart out.. lot of decisions went agianst him.... should have had like 3-4 wickets.. Ishant for Aussie tour
Yep cricketics..u hit the nail on the head..only those who watched him bowl will agree that he should be selected.
Yep cricketics..u hit the nail on the head..only those who watched him bowl will agree that he should be selected.
But I still think that he isn't ready as yet. He lacks control and is very one dimensional bowler at the moment, only angling the ball in to the right-handers. Wonder where his outswinger has vanished which I saw two years back in the U-19 match in England!

He has been the most promising of all the recent tryouts. Bose is a fat old trundler. VRV is a joke of a selection. If IS can work on the no-ball, he can be worked for the future. We need 3 backup pacers other than ZK and RPS. If Sree is not selected, they should be Pathan, IS and Munaf. 7 batsmen, 2 wkts keepers, 2spinners and 5 pacers - 16 for the tour.

No definitely not. Way too young to be thrown into the Lions den. A torrid tour of Australia could shatter his confidence' date=' and damage his career. He is not ready.[/quote'] Flipside is that there's nobody else to take, and a good tour to Aus could make his career. If he does well on such a tour, he'll be a force to be reckoned with anywhere. (BTW, I don't believe it hurt Pathan much when he made his debut in Aus)