Breaking news: Aus Tour selection [Merged]

talksport

The Indian selectors sprung a major surprise when Virender Sehwag was recalled to the Indian Test team for the four-Test series against Australia. Although not initially in the list of 24 probables Sehwag has got a recall after Gautam Gambhir was advised three weeks rest with a sore shoulder. There was also place in the 16-man squad for Pankaj Singh, the young Rajasthan fast bowler. Munaf Patel, who was thought to be a front-runner for a spot has been advised to play more domestic cricket before he will be considered for selection in the future. Dinesh Karthik held onto his place in the squad, after scoring a half-century on the final day of the drawn third Test against Pakistan. India's Test squad for Australia Wasim Jaffer, Virender Sehwag, Dinesh Karthik, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk), Anil Kumble (capt), Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ishant Sharma, Pankaj Singh. More to follow ... http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/current/story/325154.html

Guest HariSampath
Sehwag in Aus tour.
I just spoke to Anil and he has confirmed that Virender Sehwag is IN ... I have conveyed ICF's CONGRATS to Anil....he sopke a few things about this 3rd test match and Aussie tour also.. and also his bowling today !!!!:yay::yay::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
This is ridiculous!! What did Chopra do wrong not to get in once Gambhir got injured?? And why Pankaj Singh in place of VRV, given that VRV was in the squad for the third test..he wasnt as good at carrying drinks or what?
lolll pankaj singh seems to be the inform bowler, so its a good selection

Really relieved that Sehwag is in. I wanted Munaf too, but guess he has to learn to have bigger heart to be successful at this level. Yet, the Australian pitches would have suited him more and might have enthused him. But I think the feedback from the bowling coach would not have been positive! Anyway, Apart from Bhajji, it is a good selection.