The Sehwag threads [Merged]

Guest HariSampath

The Sehwag threads [Merged]  

1. 1.

• Much better
    • Not better
    • unclear

Guest HariSampath

A GREAT victory for ICFrs who voted strongly in favor of Viirender Sehwag...This is a MUST preserve thread for posterity on ICF... GO Sehwag... GO India..GO ICF !!!!!:yay::dance::two_thumbs_up:

Not yet Hari' date=' and though I voted for Sehwag and believe he should be our second opener with Jaffer, it is up to him to justify his spot over the next month.[/quote'] True. It is totally upto him to justify the faith of so many cricket columnists and experts. I hope he comes out with flying colours.
Guest HariSampath
True. It is totally upto him to justify the faith of so many cricket columnists and experts. I hope he comes out with flying colours.
How many columnists and experts showed faith in Sehwag after he was excluded in the 24 itself ??Chandan... you mean me ?? :DDespite Sehwag not even being in the 24 probables, I was probably gthe ONLY one in the world ACTIVELY fighting his cause with Cheeka ( I asked him to push a little with Dilip Vengsarkar, as they both are close), with Anil ( I sent him a case analysis for Sehwag etc.... and NO ONE had ever publicly stated that Sehwag will make the squad except me. I was so sure that I even offered an attractive 10-1 odds bet this afternoon. I knew Viru will make it somehow or other. Yessssssss. Viru...is 100% getting 2 100s :two_thumbs_up:
How many columnists and experts showed faith in Sehwag after he was excluded in the 24 itself ?
A fair number, actually. Ian Chappell and Richie Benaud were among the most vocal down under, making very strong cases for Sehwag's selection in the probables at the very least - glad to see class wins out. Now hope he can justify the faith if he gets a game. Fingers crossed on Bung getting a hammering from him.
Guest HariSampath

Yeah....Chapppell's comments were hard hitting, and I had also posted Richie Benaud's comments on Ch9 here.... Salil..I had held out even AFTER probables were announced, right till today afternoon when NO ONE gave a snowball's chance in hell that he will be there :haha:

Guest HariSampath

Krish Srikkanth had told us 2 things on ICF interview: 1. Yuvraj should play tests. 2. Sehwag should go to Australia. After the first happened and Yuvi got 169...

Hope you are very happy now Cheeka :lmao: I hope the selectors listen to your opinions more often, particularly on Sehwag...Please call Vengsarkar Cheeka ..
I cannot comment on whether Cheeka did talk to Vengsarkar or not :D

I hope so. He didn't deserve to be selected, but he has been to AUS before and he has 7 years worth of experience to fall back on so hopefully he will find his marbles and start scoring again. I don't think he will ever come close to the run scoring feats he achieved from '02-'05 but as long as he is fairly consistent, it won't matter.

i hope he scores.. first test is in MCg.. and i have a very bad memory of this ground.. Sehwag bloody scored a magnificent Best Ever Day 1 knock ever witnessed @ MCg.. a knock of 195.. and then also India some how managed to lose the test. i hope they can reverse it this time.. COME ON SEHWAG.. COME ON INDIA. KHELO TE TASHAAN NAAL

Guest dada_rocks

Sehwag drives everyone in comfort and comlancency zone .. it's not his fault others sud guard against it when he is going like mumbai taxi meter doesn't mean others can just relax..

wow.... Sehwag.:omg:......It seems that India is going Pak way in terms of selection.... So Lets understand Sehwag's avg. He scores @ 35 in every innings. He mostly scores at 90 SR. So basically he can gaurantee us that he will hang around for 40-50 balls...So assuming each opener plays equal balls, we are expecting first wkts in less than 100 balls which means 16 overs..... I know that Karthik isn;t any good and should be thrown out. But man AC was a must. If he scores 25-30 runs he would definitely play out 70-80 balls.. That means his wkts should fall after 150 balls that means 25 overs.... So the difference is when sehwag plays When Sehwag plays 50 balls 20 runs Jaffy 50 Balls 35 runs VS approx 16 overs 60 runs 1 wkts WOW WHEN HE WAS PLAYING SR WAS @4... Big deal.... so RD is walking in almost as an opener. Because opening spells might as well be still on when he walks in. Giving lot of hopes to the first and second change bowlers who are roaring to go. When a slow scoring AC plays 75 balls 35 runs Jaffy 75 Balls 25 runs AC approx 25 overs 65-70 runs 1 wkts.... and RD is coming in almost as Middle ORDER. Because opening spells are over (8 overs each ). The first and second change bowlers have already bowled 4-5 overs each. Team is planning for spinners to get the first wkt. Where as in the first case, you have fast bowlers now trying to get right through your MO. Well.. I come from the old school of thoughts.... May be I am out dated for recent tactics played for test cricket...

On the bouncy pitches and hard outfields of Australia a batsman can get serious value for shots, as Sehwag himself showed the last time India toured, almost scoring 200 in a day in Melbourne. If Sehwag can play just one innings like that this time round, the gamble would have paid off. If he can't, it might just be the end of the road for Sehwag.