Who is a better test batsman ?

Ram

Who is a better test batsman ?  

1. 1.

• Yuvraj Singh
    • Mahendra Singh Dhoni

Cant compare ... apples and oranges ...
Why not ? The question is VERY simple and straigh-forward and the answer could decide whether Yuvraj plays in the first test or not, IMO. Remember what Kumble said before the first test at Delhi ? It was between Yuvraj and Dhoni then.
Yuvraj can keep wickets (and bat) ?
MM, How can it be between YS and MSD Who will keep wickets? What is ur 11 if it is YS over MSD KKD opening? Thats down the drain in Aus
Till just before the Delhi test, Kumble had pointed out that it was choice between Yuvraj and Dhoni, as Karthik had done well opening till then. But of course, things have changed a bit now, but I have a feeling the team may contemplate having Yuvraj instead of Dhoni and persist with Karthik keeping and opening for one more test. Just mere speculation, mostly will not happen. Karthik is on his way out. IF karthik had scored runs and kept wickets well in the test series, Dhoni's place would have been a bit more vulnerable.
:hysterical: Dhoni is one of the best players of spin. Yuvraj is a better player of pace. Dhoni has shown adaptability at test level. Yuvraj, still hasnt.
Jesus ! Does he have good footwork .. I would say yes .. Can he read the doosra or googly , I would say no .. Watch him struggle against quality spin from likes of Murali ..
Jesus ! Does he have good footwork .. I would say yes .. Can he read the doosra or googly ' date=' I would say no .. Watch him struggle against quality spin from likes of Murali ..[/quote'] KR, you have obviously missed Dhoni's prowess against spin bowling. He is one of the better players of spin out there, just that it goes unnoticed.
Till just before the Delhi test, Kumble had pointed out that it was choice between Yuvraj and Dhoni, as Karthik had done well opening till then. But of course, things have changed a bit now, but I have a feeling the team may contemplate having Yuvraj instead of Dhoni and persist with Karthik keeping and opening for one more test. Just mere speculation, mostly will not happen. Karthik is on his way out. IF karthik had scored runs and kept wickets well in the test series, Dhoni's place would have been a bit more vulnerable.
Being the captain of 2020 & odis, and vice-captain in test team - it will have to be a real horrible run of form for MSD before he will be booted from the test-11. IMO - he is surely in for test-1 and test-2
Being the captain of 2020 & odis' date=' and vice-captain in test team - it will have to be a real horrible run of form for MSD before he will be booted from the test-11. IMO - he is surely in for test-1 and test-2[/quote'] Try to see the bigger picture, Its not about who is better or who is worse. Its about who adds more value. I am sure the team will ask itself, " Who is less indispensable ? Yuvraj or Dhoni ? " . But with Karthik going through a form slump and Dhoni playing some crucial innings in the 1st test in Lords in Eng and in the first test at Delhi, they may find it hard to drop him. Yuvraj, after his 169, is almost sure to make it.

It's a hard choice to make. Yuvraj's technically better of course and with few hits in test cricket he should make it to the top of the list. Dhoni although not technically perfect is an impact player in the class of Sehwag. As of now I'd go with Yuvraj if the choice was between Dhoni and Yuvi. It doesn't make it any easy to choose considering Dhoni is a top keeper meanwhile Yuvi is a fantastic fielder and a handy bowler.

I thot what he meant was that if Dhons is not fit then Yuv could come in as we already had keeper in the team. It was a possible replacement considering we had option of an extra keeper already in the team. In terms of technique and all, they will fairly similar if they play. Meaning they avg about same.