Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

IMO' date=' films such as Kranti, Dharam Veer, etc. >> Bahubali[/quote'] as you said, in your opinion... whereas IMO, I wouldn't compare 2 movies placed across decades... Citizen Kane '40s should not be compared with to Kill a Mockingbird '60s etc... Citizen Kane used some mindboggling camera techniques and story telling methods which was dictionary to film-makers henceforth. To compare it to classics which came after 2 decades is unfair. Ben hur cannot be compared to Gladiator, because VFX and budgets improved so much by the turn of the century. but 10 commandments can be compared with ben hur - both '50s otherwise who is to say that "Birth of a nation" is an inferior movie to "Lincoln"? we cant do that... when technology changes, and decades pass on, we should stop comparisons between 2 movies so far of...

as you said, in your opinion... whereas IMO, I wouldn't compare 2 movies placed across decades... Citizen Kane '40s should not be compared with to Kill a Mockingbird '60s etc... Citizen Kane used some mindboggling camera techniques and story telling methods which was dictionary to film-makers henceforth. To compare it to classics which came after 2 decades is unfair. Ben hur cannot be compared to Gladiator, because VFX and budgets improved so much by the turn of the century. but 10 commandments can be compared with ben hur - both '50s otherwise who is to say that "Birth of a nation" is an inferior movie to "Lincoln"? we cant do that... when technology changes, and decades pass on, we should stop comparisons between 2 movies so far of...
A film has more to it than just VFX, technology and budgets Take Bond films for e.g. where on the all time list you would find movies from 1960s ahead of the latest installments despite the latest films having more budget, better tech, VFX, etc.

Baahubali has a very beaten to death average story. All the ratings and applauds are for the VFX and the vision for Indian standards. No one dared to do historical fantasy movie this big during the previous few decades. I have seen some good historical fantasy movies in tamil and telugu telugu - Paathala Bhairavi (which Jitendra murdered later) and Jagadekaveeruni katha tamil - Adimai Penn and Aayiirithil oruvan.. for the standards of those times, they are very superior movies. But is it fair to compare them with "The Clash of Titans" and rubbish them off.. its not fair. not fair on the budgets... not fair on the state the local film industry is at. Dilip Kumar's Kohinoor was very decent when I saw it about 2 decades back... I did not see Aan, itseems its a good movie

A film has more to it than just VFX, technology and budgets Take Bond films for e.g. where on the all time list you would find movies from 1960s ahead of the latest installments despite the latest films having more budgets, better tech, VFX, etc.
sure rett, but baahubali is the first baby step for indians in time, India will produce movies like 300 but for that a baahubali is necessary baby steps are awkward and clumsy - but they are very necessary thats the way i see it. Its not perfect, but its a necessary movie for Indian film industry and audience.

Take Bond films for e.g. where on the all time list you would find movies from 1960s ahead of the latest installments despite the latest films having more budget, better tech, VFX, etc.
same franchise... infact if you take batman franchise, some newbie fans compare all the movies in lists but a lot of old fans loathe comparing the noir versions of Burton with the magnificent scale of Nolan's versions technology changes - game changes...

same franchise... infact if you take batman franchise, some newbie fans compare all the movies in lists but a lot of old fans loathe comparing the noir versions of Burton with the magnificent scale of Nolan's versions technology changes - game changes...
Technology is a natural evolution. The movie has a lot more to it It is like saying that my grandad typed on a type writer, while I type on a computer. So you can't compare my letter with my grandfather's Tech changes - game changes, my letter is better because it use modern graphics. While Grandpa only used typed letters and drew with his hand ..... Contents and quality of the letter don't matter. My letter is truly ground breaking because I m the first one to buy PC and use computer generated graphs. And because I took that trouble, my letter > grandpa's (who could hv been the first one to use type writer who knows - the baby steps of that time which evolved into word processor)

Technology is a natural evolution. The movie has a lot more to it It is like saying that my grandad typed on a type writer, while I type on a computer. So you can't compare my letter with my grandfather's Tech changes - game changes, my letter is better because it used modern graphics. Contents of the letter don't matter
a movie has a lot more to it than a sheet of paper with words on it. dont you think?

a movie has a lot more to it than a sheet of paper with words on it. dont you think?
That's what I said - so there is no point in focusing just on VFX .... Today's film would hv better tech than yesterday's, and tomorrow's better than today's

I dont know rett' date=' if you are kind of the guy who compares Ben-hur with Gladiator, then Iam not ideal for debate with you.[/quote'] Then we should not care about lists such as IMDB's top 250 which would have films across the generations

That's what I said - so there is no point in focusing just on VFX
ok leave that i will ask you simple questions, will you give one line answers? no essays please 1) will you compare ben-hur with gladiator? 2) do you think India will suddenly start making VFX epics like 300, matrix without any experience? 3) Even iam not a fan of the first half and I dont think Baahubali is the greatest movie (even the makers did not say that). But i feel the war scene was epic for Indian standards, where war scenes are usually tame. do you deny that even after having watched the movie on camprint? 4) there is a separate audience of young families with kids who adore VFX extravaganzas. do you deny that? I want to know where we stand on this. otherwise we will just keep going round and round. again, simple one-liners please. no essays. no smiley tsunamis also.. thanks.

ok leave that i will ask you simple questions, will you give one line answers? no essays please 1) will you compare ben-hur with gladiator? 2) do you think India will suddenly start making VFX epics like 300, matrix without any experience? 3) Even iam not a fan of the first half and I dont think Baahubali is the greatest movie (even the makers did not say that). But i feel the war scene was epic for Indian standards, where war scenes are usually tame. do you deny that even after having watched the movie on camprint? 4) there is a separate audience of young families with kids who adore VFX extravaganzas. do you deny that? I want to know where we stand on this. otherwise we will just keep going round and round. again, simple one-liners please. no essays. no smiley tsunamis also.. thanks.
l Lol ok I ll try 1. I would not compare Ben-Hur with Gladiator because unlike Gladiator, Ben-Hur is an AT great classic .... Talking from VFX pov Galdiator was bettered by 300, which will be bettered by something else 2. Tech has been constantly evolving. Rakesh Roshan used foreign companies to create Jadoo. The world is flat now when it comes to learning and implementing as global resources are available .... The fact that you are talking abt Matrix, 300, etc .... 3. War scenes were nicely done. But were foolish too for e.g. Helicopter chariot, bahubali getting on the horse by getting hold of rein with one hand and going anti clock wise in air under the horse's neck to get on it. The horse's neck never moved (May be the horse was true Bahubali). Contrast that with brucelee vs chuck Norris fight in return/exit the dragon. Without tech, it is amongst the most appealing fight scenes ever 4. You are right but that is due to evolution and video games having great graphics

:hysterical: :rofl: classic case of a troll. /thread.
:hysterical: It is trolling to even suggest that Bahubali with a crappy first half, bad acting, bad music, etc. even comes close to movies such as Kranti, Dharam Veer, etc. .... If I just want to enjoy VFX, I would just play video games

:hysterical: It is trolling to even suggest that Bahubali with a crappy first half, bad acting, bad music, etc. even comes close to movies such as Kranti, Dharam Veer, etc. .... If I just want to enjoy VFX, I would just play video games
I am not even talking about VFX. I watched Kranti recently, I couldn't complete it. It's lost sensibilities over time. The acting, the direction everything is OTT. I can't watch such movies. Some of the movies are still good to watch - Sholay, Golmaal, M-e-A (all time fav), Bandini, Boot Polish, - acting, direction all top-notch..stays fresh over time. Sorry, Kranti, Dharam-veer don't even come close to be listed as ATG!. Sorry sir, Kranti is not.

l Lol ok I ll try 1. I would not compare Ben-Hur with Gladiator because unlike Gladiator, Ben-Hur is an AT great classic .... Talking from VFX pov Galdiator was bettered by 300, which will be bettered by something else 2. Tech has been constantly evolving. Rakesh Roshan used foreign companies to create Jadoo. The world is flat now when it comes to learning and implementing as global resources are available .... The fact that you are talking abt Matrix, 300, etc .... 3. War scenes were nicely done. But were foolish too for e.g. Helicopter chariot, bahubali getting on the horse by getting hold of rein with one hand and going anti clock wise in air under the horse's neck to get on it. The horse's neck never moved (May be the horse was true Bahubali). Contrast that with brucelee vs chuck Norris fight in return/exit the dragon. Without tech, it is amongst the most appealing fight scenes ever 4. You are right but that is due to evolution and video games having great graphics
1. you evaded. Iam re-phrasing: not from ATG point of view. I am asking will you compare two movies across decades? okay will you compare "How to kill a Mockingbird" with "Citizen Kane" both are ATG? but across 2 decades. Iam not saying comparison is right or wrong. I am just asking your view thatsall. 2. you disagreed. my opinion: I will swear that though Pakistan has a film industry. They will not make a Eega (forget baahubali) next year, because technology is available everywhere. Even if Dawood Ibrahim finances the whole project. They cannot make it with their local talent. They dont have the experience. A film industry needs to learn a lot stage by stage. 3,4 are almost settled. - War scene was nicely done, but you have some reservations. - There is an audience for VFX movies. So a movie can primarily target them with a basic storyline. Like Transformers...

I am not even talking about VFX. I watched Kranti recently' date=' I couldn't complete it. It's lost sensibilities over time. The acting, the direction everything is OTT. I can't watch such movies. Some of the movies are still good to watch - Sholay, Golmaal, M-e-A (all time fav), [b']Bandini, Boot Polish, - acting, direction all top-notch..stays fresh over time. Sorry, Kranti, Dharam-veer don't even come close to be listed as ATG!. Sorry sir, Kranti is not.
did not see these two...

I am not even talking about VFX. I watched Kranti recently' date=' I couldn't complete it. It's lost sensibilities over time. The acting, the direction everything is OTT. I can't watch such movies. Some of the movies are still good to watch - Sholay, Golmaal, M-e-A (all time fav), Bandini, Boot Polish, - acting, direction all top-notch..stays fresh over time. Sorry, Kranti, Dharam-veer don't even come close to be listed as ATG!. Sorry sir, Kranti is not.[/quote'] Same is the case for me with Bahubali, I found it hard to complete it .... The first half gave me a headache I am not saying that Kranti and Dharam Veer are ATG, but Kranti, Dharam-Veer >> Bahubali :winky: