Bahubali : India's Biggest Motion Picture

Kalia_Test

1. you evaded. Iam re-phrasing: not from ATG point of view. I am asking will you compare two movies across decades? okay will you compare "How to kill a Mockingbird" with "Citizen Kane" both are ATG? but across 2 decades. Iam not saying comparison is right or wrong. I am just asking your view thatsall. 2. you disagreed. my opinion: I will swear that though Pakistan has a film industry. They will not make a Eega (forget baahubali) next year, because technology is available everywhere. Even if Dawood Ibrahim finances the whole project. They cannot make it with their local talent. They dont have the experience. A film industry needs to learn a lot stage by stage. 3,4 are almost settled. - War scene was nicely done, but you have some reservations. - There is an audience for VFX movies. So a movie can primarily target them with a basic storyline. Like Transformers...
1. As I explained with Bond films example, I would compare where it is applicable .... For example, if someone asks me which is the best film based during the Roman/Greek period, I would recommend films Ben-Hur over Gladiator and 300. Let's not forget that there is Cleopatra as well which was at one point most expensive in its category and breath taking in terms of art direction (and Elizabeth Taylor) but it was not claimed that it to be better than Ben-Hur 2. India film industry is well organized. It has gradually adjusted to new technology for e.g. used "Jadoo" instead of someone wearing alien's clothes, Blue was praised for its underwater photography which was never done in Indian films before, etc.

Films like Bahubali will never have great stories. Such films are all about canvas. Who thinks 300 had a great story. Bahubali had some great moments that is what these films bring. Who says LOTR has great story.

Films like Bahubali will never have great stories. Such films are all about canvas. Who thinks 300 had a great story. Bahubali had some great moments that is what these films bring. Who says LOTR has great story.
I don't know what your definition of a good story is but LOTR (published in 1950s) + The Hobbits (1930s) have sold around 300M books

I don't know what your definition of a good story is but LOTR (published in 1950s) + The Hobbits (1930s) have sold around 300M books
Fifty Shades of Grey triology has sold 100 million copies in just 4 years. Now tell me, it has some great story.

rett's only intention is to degrade the movie. blind hatred and heartburn nothing else. yesterday i saw a few minutes of Dharam Veer, my head started spinning at the comparison with Baahubali :hysterical:
I think he is trolling.

rett's only intention is to degrade the movie. blind hatred and heartburn nothing else. yesterday i saw a few minutes of Dharam Veer, my head started spinning at the comparison with Baahubali :hysterical:
In the "lost and found" genre of that time, the movies used to pick up once the hero grows up :winky: .... Even Deewar is boring in the initial parts, it only picks up once AB comes

In the "lost and found" genre of that time' date=' the movies used to pick up once the hero grows up :winky: .... Even Deewar is boring in the initial parts, it only picks up once AB comes[/quote'] seriously rett, if you want to discuss plots, we will open a seperate thread... enough here. atleast for me... i am done here.

rather watch a movie or read a book than discuss on this topic anymore. with you especially :cantstop: the moment you said dharam veer and kranthi > baahubali i cannot take you seriously anymore.
Sure, your choice! .... Similarly it is hard for me to take anyone thinking Bahubali as a master piece seriously

Sure' date=' your choice! .... [b']Similarly it is hard for me to take anyone thinking Bahubali as a master piece seriously
except that i didnt say it. someone else did maybe... you cant blame me for that. go to Shekar Kapur and Shankar and ask them to take back their words... :cantstop:

this is what i said about the movie :haha:

3) Even iam not a fan of the first half and I dont think Baahubali is the greatest movie (even the makers did not say that). But i feel the war scene was epic for Indian standards, where war scenes are usually tame. do you deny that even after having watched the movie on camprint?

this is what i said about the movie :haha: But i feel the war scene was epic for Indian standards, where war scenes are usually tame.
So basically, it is a film with 10-15 mins of good scenes :P PS even the songs of Dharam Veer and Kranti would make you last for more than that .... besides the presense of Dharmendra, Jeetendra, Zeenat Aman, Neetu Singh, Pran, and Jeevan .... Manjoj Kumar, Shashi Kapoor, Shatrudhan, Hema Malini, Parveen Babi, Prem Chopra, and Dilip Kumar respectively

Such films have their own category. You wont compare a Bahubali to a Pyasa, a Kala Pathar, or an Ankur which are considered great films. Bahubali in its genre till now is the best film anyone has made in India. It does have some awesome moments which you take with you once you leave the cinema hall. Such films wont give you that same impression when you watch them on a computer. I rarely watch any Hindi film in theater or any film in general, only which are worth watching in a theater. Last film I watched in a theater was Interstellar and now Bahubali and Bahubali is certainly worth a theater watch. I have watched it twice. I also know people who have watched it multiple times. And for everything else, there are torrents. :winky: