Dilip Kumar may get Bharat Ratna:Reports

Gollum

Bolded part is so true. In fact he openly used to support Pakistan cricket team in the old days and that irked many of his costars' date=' remember reading about that.[/quote'] He is dada sahab Phalake and Nishan-e-Pakistan material. He has got both.

It is good that awards are not handed out based on what people remember .... I am a fan of Aamir Khan. His are the only Bollywood films I have had the courage to watch in cinema halls in the recent times. ..
You named movies and I told you why they were famous. Mughle-e-Aazam fully belonged to Prithvi Raj Kapoor and its sets than Dilip Kumar. In the movie, Dilip Kumar was totally overshadowed even by Madhubala. So his acting skills were just above average. After years, Dilip Kumar was casted against Raj Kumar in Saudagar and you will see that Raj Kumar And if you were to choose between the two, You will find opinions equally divided. I will rate Raj Kumar ahead of DK in that film. BTW, Mother India, Mughale Aazam, Pakizaajh,Ram teri ganga maili, Guide, Sahib biwi aur Ghulam, Anand,sholay are the only movie which will make to any top 10 list of all time Bollywood classic and none of them have any significant contribution from Mr DK.

You named movies and I told you why they were famous. Mughle-e-Aazam fully belonged to Prithvi Raj Kapoor and its sets than Dilip Kumar. In the movie, Dilip Kumar was totally overshadowed even by Madhubala. So his acting skills were just above average. After years, Dilip Kumar was casted against Raj Kumar in Saudagar and you will see that Raj Kumar And if you were to choose between the two, You will find opinions equally divided. I will rate Raj Kumar ahead of DK in that film. BTW, Mother India, Mughale Aazam, Pakizaajh,Ram teri ganga maili, Guide, Sahib biwi aur Ghulam, Anand,sholay are the only movie which will make to any top 10 list of all time Bollywood classic and none of them have any significant contribution from Mr DK.
People who do understand nuances of acting, actually rate Dilip Kumar as an institution :winky: Anyone who understands the role of Dilip Kumar in Mugal-e-Azam (torn b/w king and love) knows he did a super job sBKNnhuzjRM 8mM5A2wVaMM ^ It is hard to see such beautifully done "romantic" scenes in Bollywood Dilip Kumar's probably did like 2 dozen films when he was at his peak, and many of them inspired other films or were remade. From the top of my mind: * Aan ----> Betaab, Hero, etc. (girl gets kidnapped/abducted and falls in love) * Devdas ----> Devdas * Mugal-e-Azam ----> Vidhata (where Dilip Kumar, the big Don, is against Sanjay marrying a poor Padmini) * Naya Daur ----> Lagaan * Madhumati ----> Om Shanti Om * Gunga Jumna ----> Deewar * Dil Liya Dard Liya ----> One of Rajesh Khanna's films * Ram aur Shyam ----> Seeta aur Geeta, Chaalbaaz, Kishan Kanahya, etc. I know Footpath also inspired one or two films, but can't recall their names. That is like 8 films already, from 24-25 films that he did at his peak. Now look at the awards that he has got for those films I suggest you do some homework before posting on legends of Indian cinema :--D

Beyond doubt an institution of acting. Generations of actors have leaned on his broad shoulders. Much deserved candidate for the highest civilian award of the country. Lata getting it before him is actually unfair' date=' but better late than never![/quote'] +

People who do understand nuances of acting, actually rate Dilip Kumar as an institution :winky: Anyone who understands the role of Dilip Kumar in Mugal-e-Azam (torn b/w king and love) knows he did a super job ^ It is hard to see such beautifully done "romantic" scenes in Bollywood Dilip Kumar's probably did like 2 dozen films when he was at his peak, and many of them inspired other films or were remade. From the top of my mind: * Aan ----> Betaab, Hero, etc. (girl gets kidnapped/abducted and falls in love) * Devdas ----> Devdas * Mugal-e-Azam ----> Vidhata (where Dilip Kumar, the big Don, is against Sanjay marrying a poor Padmini) * Naya Daur ----> Lagaan * Madhumati ----> Om Shanti Om * Gunga Jumna ----> Deewar * Dil Liya Dard Liya ----> One of Rajesh Khanna's films * Ram aur Shyam ----> Seeta aur Geeta, Chaalbaaz, Kishan Kanahya, etc. I know Footpath also inspired one or two films, but can't recall their names. That is like 8 films already, from 24-25 films that he did at his peak. Now look at the awards that he has got for those films I suggest you do some homework before posting on legends of Indian cinema :--D
I am not talking about best movies of DK. What you are doing is competeing DK with DK then declaring DK win against DK. However I gave you a list of great bollywood movies and your DK boss doesnt appear in anyone apart from Mughaleazam. Now, Show Mughaleaazam to any film critic or enthsiast and he will agree with me when I say Prithvi Raj Kapoors performance was best among all the actors and second best was Madhubala. So if Dk is supposed to get Bharat Ratna for his acting then why not other two? Credit allways goes to directors and script writters if movies is copied but How well it was copied goes to actors. Lets take example of sholay. There have been so many remakes of it, and none came close to it. So credit goes to the crew and actors who were involved in that movie. Now,some remakes of all of Mr DKs movies have been equally good and Super hit. i.e Other actors/crew have easily done similar job or better job. Hence I call DK above average actor. For last comment of yours, Usual rett, retorting to personnel abuse when he has no clue about the matter as i am certain that you cant make out difference between GOW vs Sarkar unless you read some article on them.

I am not talking about best movies of DK. What you are doing is competeing DK with DK then declaring DK win against DK. However I gave you a list of great bollywood movies and your DK boss doesnt appear in anyone apart from Mughaleazam. Now, Show Mughaleaazam to any film critic or enthsiast and he will agree with me when I say Prithvi Raj Kapoors performance was best among all the actors and second best was Madhubala. So if Dk is supposed to get Bharat Ratna for his acting then why not other two? Credit allways goes to directors and script writters if movies is copied. Lets take example of sholay. There have been so many remakes of it none came close to it. So credit goes to the crew and actors who were involved in that movie. Now,some remakes of all of Mr DKs movies have been equally good and Super hit. i.e Other actors/crew have easily done similar job better job. Hence I call DK above average actor. For last comment of yours, Usual rett, retorting to personnel abuse when he has no clue about the matter or cant make out difference between GOW vs Sarkar doesnt makes you any credible
That list is just your personal opinion. It may or may not mean much to others ....There is a Bollywood Top 10 thread that I started and my list is on it too On Pritiviraj Kapoor - he is a great actor too. I am not saying Dilip Kumar cannot be overshadowed (if you think he has been). What makes Dilip Kumar a legend is that he comes up with amazing performances consistently in a wide range of roles. This thread has videos of Dilip Kumar performances ranging from a swashbuckling hero, a betrayed lover, a common villager, and a prince - all those performances not only showcases his range but also serve as tutorials on acting On your theory on remakes - Chinatown (Shammi Kapoor), Don (AB) and Don (SRK) are similar. So by your logic, any actor could have made those films a hit. However, AB performance stands out for me To summarize your opinion - "credit goes to anyone except Dilip Kumar. Even Aamir Khan, who performs like a TV actor, when compared to the 3 greats (Dilip, Raj and Dev) is also better than them and in particular Dilip Kumar, who has already achieved the highest award he could ever hope to get (Nishan-e-Pakistan)"

You still didnt get it fully, The list I gave, You cant make a better remake. Simple as that. Hence they will allways cut into top 10 bollywood classics. When you find a equivalent remake, let me know. Till then, you can argue based on your personal opinion.

You still didnt get it fully' date=' The list I gave, [b']You cant make a better remake. Simple as that. Hence they will allways cut into top 10 bollywood classics. When you find a equivalent remake, let me know. Till then, you can argue based on your personal opinion.
Lol .... you can keep coming up with various theories. A better remake is a subjective topic though I had responded to the point below:
BTW, Mother India, Mughale Aazam, Pakizaajh,Ram teri ganga maili, Guide, Sahib biwi aur Ghulam, Anand,sholay are the only movie which will make to any top 10 list of all time Bollywood classic and none of them have any significant contribution from Mr DK.
Also Bharat Ratna is not being awarded for making (or starring in) films that cannot be remade :winky:

I am not talking about best movies of DK. What you are doing is competeing DK with DK then declaring DK win against DK. However I gave you a list of great bollywood movies and your DK boss doesnt appear in anyone apart from Mughaleazam. Now, Show Mughaleaazam to any film critic or enthsiast and he will agree with me when I say Prithvi Raj Kapoors performance was best among all the actors and second best was Madhubala. So if Dk is supposed to get Bharat Ratna for his acting then why not other two? Credit allways goes to directors and script writters if movies is copied but How well it was copied goes to actors. Lets take example of sholay. There have been so many remakes of it, and none came close to it. So credit goes to the crew and actors who were involved in that movie. Now,some remakes of all of Mr DKs movies have been equally good and Super hit. i.e Other actors/crew have easily done similar job or better job. Hence I call DK above average actor. For last comment of yours, Usual rett, retorting to personnel abuse when he has no clue about the matter as i am certain that you cant make out difference between GOW vs Sarkar unless you read some article on them.
+1. Couldn't agree more with your post . Well said :clap: Scenes copied from DK's movies makes or proves that DK is a great :confused: Did DK write story, sing songs, do screenplay, write dialogues? DK is overhyped for no reason IMO. Many better actors that even Bollywood produced, forget about all of Indian cinema :agree:

Lol .... you can keep coming up with various theories. A better remake is a subjective topic though I had responded to the point below: Also Bharat Ratna is not being awarded for making (or starring in) films that cannot be remade :winky:
So why are you proposing him for Bharat ratna when there is overwhelming evidence that his performance wasnt out of ordinary, or when he can be easily overshadowed by two actors in same movie? Another thing, Just to enlighten you, Sharukhs 1000 watt bulb, 22 karatt gilded Devdas is wrong to Compare with DK's Devdas. A more apt comparison is Abhay Deol Dev D where he has done, infsact allmost outdone DK saab. Go and watch both of them and then make a conclusion.

As I said earlier, Bharat Ratna is NOT given given just on ability in that profession but on the impact. For ability in any field of film making there is Dada Saheb Falke (as is the Khel Ratna in Sports or Dronacharya award in Coaching etc) and he has already got it. Dilip Kumar might not be Hindi cinema's greatest actor ever (though many actors do consider him to be the greatest) but his impact on the next few generations of actors is immense. That is why he should be considered.

So why are you proposing him for Bharat ratna when there is overwhelming evidence that his performance wasnt out of ordinary, or when he can be easily overshadowed by two actors in same movie? Another thing, Just to enlighten you, Sharukhs 1000 watt bulb, 22 karatt gilded Devdas is wrong to Compare with DK's Devdas. A more apt comparison is Abhay Deol Dev D where he has done, infsact allmost outdone DK saab. Go and watch both of them and then make a conclusion.
1st - This is probably like saying that Sehwag and Laxman overshadowed Tendulkar in one tests so .... (let's be logical) 2nd - I am not proposing anything. However, if BR has to be given to someone from film fraternity, Dilip Kumar is a deserving choice! I would be happy if he gets it .... The videos posted show how Dilip Kumar's acting (which people like you consider as ordinary) has influenced others in the industry 3rd - "Dilip Kumar outdone" appears to be your fav line on this thread. You even proposed Aamir Khan ahead of him for BR :cantstop: Let's stop being so biased ....

1st - This is probably like saying that Sehwag and Laxman overshadowed Tendulkar in one tests so .... (let's be logical)
If it wasnt bollywood gender thing, It will be Madhubala, any day any movie. She has inspired so many actresess. A lot of actresses still want to imitate her feet.
2nd - I am not proposing anything. However, if BR has to be given to someone from film fraternity, Dilip Kumar is a deserving choice! I would be happy if he gets it .... The videos posted show how Dilip Kumar's acting (which people like you consider as ordinary) has influenced others in the industry .
why? How? Just because he is a successful actor from classical generation?
3rd - "Dilip Kumar outdone" appears to be your fav line on this thread. You even proposed Aamir Khan ahead of him for BR :cantstop: Let's stop being so biased ....
The only person being biased is you towards your love of oldies. Aamir Khan, however young he may be, is better actor, is equally inspiring to a generation of actors, and has done more towards Indian society then divisive DK.

In the past Bharat Ratna awards has been given to the following from the film/music fraternity: * Satyajit Ray * Lata Mangeshkar * Bismillah Khan * M S Subbulakshmi * Ravi Shankar * Bhimsen Joshi