Anyone has lived or spent enough time in eastern Europe ? Hungary and Poland .

jusarrived

This is an old thread lol 

Infact i left the company and now my in the new job am asked to visit a hell hole called "Philadelphia" every 3 months . :(

Things changed for bad very quickly after the unrest in middle east , even the process was on hold for a good 3-4 months . I was advised by everyone not to move so kind of chickened out of it . So it still remains a dream .

On 21/04/2017 at 10:37 AM, Mariyam said:

I've spent a few days in Budapest. Its a beautiful place but language could be an issue. Even the names of their places are very difficult to pronounce. Indian food is extremely expensive there.

I did not encounter any instance of racism. If anything the people were very helpful though their ability to help was severely curtailed by their lack of English language skills. There are a lot of German tourists in Hungary, so most of those in the tourism sector do speak German. It is like a second language there anyways. If that is language you can manage, you'll have many more avenues to interact with the locals.

I think there is a big difference in just visiting these countries and staying there . 

in My experience when you visit countries/cities where they have not seen much indians in the past you are treated extremely well . I may be generalising here and talking from relatively small sample but not sure what our guys go and do in these countries like UK and US , i just dont like the way they look at us . lol

8 hours ago, jusarrived said:

I think there is a big difference in just visiting these countries and staying there . 

in My experience when you visit countries/cities where they have not seen much indians in the past you are treated extremely well . I may be generalising here and talking from relatively small sample but not sure what our guys go and do in these countries like UK and US , i just dont like the way they look at us . lol

hehe