All Viru needs to do is score runs agaist Victoria..

SachDan

selection of veeru in playing 11 will be the biggest mistake.. the guy will fail big time.. even bangla bowlers have figured out his weakness.. he has done nothing significant to merit his come back.. i waited and waited in expectation that he will sort out his weaknesses.. but nothing has changed.. karthik and yuvi deserve spot in playing 11 ahead of veeru..

Will lighter bat do the trick for Viru? MELBOURNE, PTI: Virender Sehwag has had enough of technical and mental discourses to pull himself out of the current form crunch. A lighter bat, special practice balls and an uncluttered mind is what the explosive opener is counting on this time to regain his devastating touch. Sehwag flew in with the Indian team here with a set of bats, each lighter by 90-100 gms and a box of balls of two colours. All international batsmen visit Australia with knots in stomach, unsure if they are quick enough to move in line or duck against searing pace of demonic home bowlers. Sehwag, if anything, has worked for simple options now that he does not have a domineering coach or psychologist numbing him with theories which they develop in their mental laboratory and test on unsuspecting wards. A lighter bat would still allow his punishing strokes to come down from an expansive backlift quickly and meet the ball with an impact which only sends it screaming to the fence. The two-colour balls in the nets are intended to help him 'sight' the ball quicker and better, for him to gain the necessary confidence for the middle. Sehwag could sense the hand of destiny which, against all odds, put him on plane to Australia. (TOI Photo) http://cricket.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/2633856.cms photo.cms?photoid=2633856
I am certain none of Dravid or any other middle-order batsman who were in the race for opening refused it bluntly.
Are you serious ? If an Aussie or, for that matter, almost any other country's batsman refused to bat in a certain position, they'd be dropped like a hot scone. mm, take note: "If I am asked to open in the Test matches, I will be happy to do so," said Dravid after opening the innings with Wasim Jaffer on the opening day of the three-day warm-up match against Victoria. "I am comfortable doing any role that is given to me by the team management. I try and do the best I can, irrespective of where I bat," said Dravid, who had opened the innings for India on several occasions."