Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Guest OriginalPrince
Hmm. Waugh was an average player of spin bowling.
nah he was excellent. probably not as good as a tendulkar but still damn good.
Guest OriginalPrince
Bothered to check his average in Sub-continent.
average has nothing to do with it. i have seen him play for years. yes he did struggle in sri lanka. that doesn't change anything.

the problem i have with Rohit is that hes an old style batsman just like Kallis n Chanders r .he starts slowly eats up deliveries.then if hes in form,he'll make up n it'll end up looking a very good innings.otherwise he'll get out putting pressure on incoming batsman.this approach can be useful in countries like Aus,SA but the WC is in India where u need people who can hit from word go.dont think Rohit is in that mould. that being said,hes a special talent n i have always believed hes perfectly suited for test cricket.time has come now to give him a test spot ahead of UV. as for his ODI's he has flattered to decieve.with this performance he has ensured he doesnt get dropped from the team atleast till the tear end.hopefully he doesnt suck in big matches

Sharma can build classy innings, can also smack ball in to stands with multitude of different shots. Will be a player for all types of cricket. Can also play in all conditions and certainly has no probs with short ball. He is techincally brillinat with dazzling arrray of shots. Also has stamp of class with enviable time in all shots played. He is going to be consistent blah blah. Is only 23, will have ups and downs but is consistently going to be on upward curve now. Will become best batsman in world and is without a doubt the most sensational young player in world cricket. Will even lose a few pounds so will be good for his fans! Enjoys the ride in the development of a future indian legend! In summary Sharma is class!!