Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

Kohli is absolutely rubbish !!.. 50 matches at an average of 29... in a team like India- which has a well-oiled assembly line of great batsmen coming through. Simply doesn't make sense - I don't see a point in waiting till he plays 100 matches before 'Don' Sharma starts shining through...next please!
you mean Rohit

Tendulkar averaged 30 odd after 50 or so odi matches. Laxman averaged around that as well untill he was dropped. Sehwags average as well was in the low 30 after a good number of odis.this despite the fact that they were very good test batsman as well. it be rather stupid to dismiss a players test match potential based on odi performances. Also look at vijay everyone seems happy with vijay in the test squad but he's been rubbish in odis.

Tendulkar averaged 30 odd after 50 or so odi matches. Laxman averaged around that as well untill he was dropped. Sehwags average as well was in the low 30 after a good number of odis.this despite the fact that they were very good test batsman as well. it be rather stupid to dismiss a players test match potential based on odi performances. Also look at vijay everyone seems happy with vijay in the test squad but he's been rubbish in odis.
Murali Vijay has played only 8 ODIs till date :hatsoff: but I completely agree with all of your other points - Rohit needs to be given more chances. He has lots of talent but his problem (as with quite a few other Indian players) is inconsistency.
Point well made. And also he is a kid who has and will improve massivley. No doubt he has improved loads in 12 months. He is only 23 yet posters seem desperate to pidgeon hole him as lazy and mentally weak. You guys never heard of development?? 2 odi tons and a ranji average of 200 this year and FC average of 60. This kid aint no flashy no runs guy, he has hard FC stats on the indian domestic grind to also show what his visual batting is. After the WC no doubt selctors will give him a good run and he will do well and force himself in to test side
Wait untill Kohli' date=' Raina and Sharma all play a decent amount of International test matches than you will see what I am talking about. Kohli and raina have too many flaws in their batting that will get exposed in Test cricket. Raina has issues with short pitch bowling and Kohli has issues with his offside game and dosnt seem that well balanced when playing his shots. Sharma doesn't have any such issues. Although Kohli and Raina still might be able to work on those issues and carve out decent test careers its doesn't seem very likely.[/quote'] what nonsense ? ok you are a Rohit Sharma fan , which is fine ..but you don't have a make pt down other players for that . i f you really want to compare ... Kohli's balance & off side game is better than Rohits ... Kohli is arguably our best player of spin , Sharma is decent at best ...Short balls ? Sharma avg again , but VK is our only youngster whso ate ease against short pitched bowling ...Rohits biggest problem is his very loose technique when he starts off , compare that to how VK plays his very first ball ...yup , Sharma is definitely more talented & better to watch of the two ...but technically VK is far superior ...if both realize their potential , I bet VK avg atleast 5runs more than Sharma.
what nonsense ? ok you are a Rohit Sharma fan , which is fine ..but you don't have a make pt down other players for that . i f you really want to compare ... Kohli's balance & off side game is better than Rohits ... Kohli is arguably our best player of spin , Sharma is decent at best ...Short balls ? Sharma avg again , but VK is our only youngster whso ate ease against short pitched bowling ...Rohits biggest problem is his very loose technique when he starts off , compare that to how VK plays his very first ball ...yup , Sharma is definitely more talented & better to watch of the two ...but technically VK is far superior ...if both realize their potential , I bet VK avg atleast 5runs more than Sharma.
Im not putting down Raina and Kohli. I think their talented players that are going to win us a world cups (plural) And both deserve to be in the ODI squad ahead of sharma. Even if you think kohli has a better offside game than sharma and better balance (which I disagree with.) He does like to stay leg side of the ball and I think those kind of players struggle more with test cricket. Its hard to judge them on how well they play short pitch bowling, I don't think either kohli or sharma has issues with short pitch bowling. Raina does though.

New South Wales want Rohit for T20 Big Bash New South Wales want Rohit for T20 Big Bash Deba Prasad Dhar Posted On Friday, December 17, 2010 at 02:02:42 AM He may not have consolidated his place in the Indian team, but Rohit Sharma’s standing as an exceptionally gifted cricketer remains untouched. New South Wales, one of the top teams in Australia’s first-class cricket, believes that he will bring great value to the team. Cricket NSW wants to use Rohit’s services for all or some part of the Australian Twenty20 competition, The Big Bash. David Gilbert, Chief Executive, Cricket NSW, has already made a request to the Indian cricket board, asking whether he will be available for Australia’s premier T20 competition. However Rohit’s contract with New South Wales is subject to his domestic cricket commitments for this state team Mumbai. New South Wales want to hire Rohit for six matches between January 4 and 29, 2011, with the final scheduled on February 5. Meanwhile the Mumbai Ranji team are scheduled to play their quarter-final match between December 24 and 27. If Mumbai progress to the next two rounds, they play the semi-final on January 2 and the final on January 11. It means that Rohit will be available for New South Wales only if Mumbai lose in the quarters. Tight Deadline The timeframe for approval is another hitch — the deadline for which an overseas player can be contracted to play in the Australian T20 competition is December 24. Since Mumbai play their Ranji quarters on the same day, Rohit wouldn’t be able to sign the dotted line on time. When contacted, Rohit made it amply clear where his priorities lay. “I haven’t signed a contract with them. For me Mumbai comes first, and right now I’m focussed only on the Ranji Trophy. Everything else is secondary,†Rohit told Mumbai Mirror. “It is entirely up to the board to decide whether I must play for NSW or not.†------- Rohit Sharma does seem pretty good both in T20 format as well as First Class (test) format. Unfortunately, there are n't many T20Is to play for and he is never played in a Test match making stats look like Rohit Sharma is not good enough for International Cricket based on his ODI's alone. Even in List-A matches offcourse, he averages a pedestrian 30 odd showing he is somehow a misfit for the "middle" format. Hope the selectors realize this and give him chances in Test format rather than ODIs!!!!!

Yeah' date=' I had a look at his all rounder abilities and I was impressed. Definitely looked fit. Even Yuvi was a little slim although he needs to cut down on that revital crap[/quote']you mean,yaha thakna mana hai:hysterical:, jeeyo jee bhar ke:haha: