Rohit Sharma Appreciation Squad

So is the management clear his future in the team is as an ODI opener? I remember he opened in the 2009 T20 WC, did well vs Pak in the warm up game, didnt much thereafter and then at the end said I am not a natural opener
I think then the situation was a bit different and we had Tendulkar, Sehwag in the ranks. With both of them gone, I think it's an easier debate now. It's either Rohit or Rahane (IF they want to continue him to open - Dhoni said that they had Rohit for the opener's slot in mind even before the start of the series).
Dhoni in match presentation' date=' not word for word but the jist - "Rohit is rare talent, one of most talented players in india, really good of short ball, great puller, such a talent wanted to get him in side, not done so good before but wanted to open with him to give him more time"[/quote'] did he speak about Rahane?
Maybe they can open together:--D
they should after today i like opening spot with rohit he cannot play swing that well but in odis at home like conditions he can be very useful as he will get some confidence im sure he will play at much better strike rate ..perfect partner for pujara
too early to write off Rahane imo
Agree but its survival of the fittest. Rohit unexpectedly came in to open, against all our wishes. Yet he delivered, not just with runs but by also looking good as well i.e not lucky knock. So rohit has to stay as opener. Then straight choice between rahane and pujara. Pujara is pure class needs to play. Rahane can be first reserve for any spot that comes open from 1 to 6 in case of injury or rotation