Should There Be Rape Scenes in Indian Cinema ? [Warning: might be NSFW]

theguyinallblue

i was watching a movie today...and there was a rape scene in it.... The cry and struggle of the girl and background music...and other things..made that scene so hateful...that i was really abusing the directer of that movie... Not distancing from the one of the biggest crime a male can do ....why do we have to show this thing in a medium which has a reach among masses... why do we pollute the mind...? DO people really enjoy rape scenes that directors and producers put those scenes...? There are many ways to titillate the audience ...why a rape scene... it really affects the mind...i am so disturbed even now...after 2 hours of the watching that scene... Should there be complete ban on rape scenes..? i vote for YES.

Well it depends on the story line right? There are not too many movies based on story dealing directly with rape. Most of the times it would be an indirect scenario. As in hero has a tiff with a big-shot politician/goonda who then gets his parents killed, rapes his sister and lo and behold an angry young man is born. I dont think there is any need for rape scene in such a movie. The Director can show the same impact without bringing izzat-aabru into the picture. But if a movie deals directly with the subject then I can understand that. Remember the Kajol/Sanjay Dutt movie Dushman where the pschyco postman Gokul rapes the twin sister while she was on cell-phone talking to her sibling. Man that was chilling scene. Ashutosh Rana was chilling in that movie, scared the $hit out of me. :((

yes, there should be a rape scene in Indian movies.. it's good for eyes.. what is Indian rape scene anyway?? a guy trying to snatch some ladiez chunni or Saari and thatz about it.. and then a girl chilaying - "NAHIiiiiii" and then hero comes, and spoils all the charm as he starts beating the rapist..

it's good for eyes.. what is Indian rape scene anyway?? a guy trying to snatch some ladie's chunni or Saari and thatz about it.. and then a girl chilaying - "NAHIiiiiii"
Followed by a shot of broken churiyan :hysterical::hysterical: I know I shouldnt laugh but.....

Guest dada_rocks
Well it depends on the story line right? There are not too many movies based on story dealing directly with rape. Most of the times it would be an indirect scenario. As in hero has a tiff with a big-shot politician/goonda who then gets his parents killed, rapes his sister and lo and behold an angry young man is born. I dont think there is any need for rape scene in such a movie. The Director can show the same impact without bringing izzat-aabru into the picture. But if a movie deals directly with the subject then I can understand that. Remember the Kajol/Sanjay Dutt movie Dushman where the pschyco postman Gokul rapes the twin sister while she was on cell-phone talking to her sibling. Man that was chilling scene. Ashutosh Rana was chilling in that movie, scared the out of me. :((
That's real gem of an acting.. For someone like Rana who is otherwise very soft-spoken with hunble looks and speaks in top notch refined hindi to portray such a role .:two_thumbs_up: Another one was Sangharsh Lajja-Shankar Oandeya.. those ulllululululu sequence was frightening

yes, there should be a rape scene in Indian movies.. it's good for eyes.. what is Indian rape scene anyway?? a guy trying to snatch some ladiez chunni or Saari and thatz about it.. and then a girl chilaying - "NAHIiiiiii" and then hero comes, and spoils all the charm as he starts beating the rapist..
'Tics..probably you have missed some very hard hitting scenes.... there was a movie and tulip joshi was the actress..it was a real story...and in the scene she was raped for days and days... man ..that was nauseating....just the mere thought sends a shiver down the spine... there are some really devil minded people out there in this world..

Guest dada_rocks

I still can't fathom that someone can rape .. how can u get turned ON by a frightened girl crying for mercy; this sounds impossible.. I know it happens but can't come to terms with the possibility of this idea..

I still can't fathom that someone can rape .. how can u get turned ON by a frightened girl crying for mercy; this sounds impossible.. I know it happens but can't come to terms with the possibility of this idea..
There is no turn on as such. It is simply a case of lust. Actually lust doesnt cut it, the better word(in Hindi/Urdu whatever) is Hawas. Remember the good old days when all the Mallu blue phillum would be released with "Hawas" in the title some place, as in - Hawas ke Pujaari, Hawasi Darinde, Shaitaan ki Hawas etc etc.

There is no turn on as such. It is simply a case of lust. Actually lust doesnt cut it' date=' the better word(in Hindi/Urdu whatever) is [i']Hawas. Remember the good old days when all the Mallu blue phillum would be released with "Hawas" in the title some place, as in - Hawas ke Pujaari, Hawasi Darinde, Shaitaan ki Hawas etc etc.
if u have been to Delhi, u would notice in Janpath area, near cannuaght Place, there is this cinema hall which cast all latest "Hawas" type filmz..

if u have been to Delhi' date=' u would notice in Janpath area, near cannuaght Place, there is this cinema hall which cast all latest "Hawas" type filmz..[/quote'] So have you ever ventured to watch a show? Ke bas aise theatre hi dekh ke aa gaya? :hysterical:

yaar ek bhaar bhi andar nahi gaya.. bot man tha andhar jaane ka. lekin kabhi darsh nahi liye hume andar ke.. aapne liye kya..
Tab tum line ke udhar khade raho. :(( I have been to a few of those yes. In Patna specially. Near Railway station is this theatre(Veena?) that shows such shows early morning. And kabhi kabhi if the show-wallah was too much dariyadil he would plug in some nice ahmmm videos too :D:D Bahut bach ke jaata tha since half of my family lived there, lekin himmat-e-marda madad-e-khuda :eyedance::eyedance:

Guest dada_rocks
There is no turn on as such. It is simply a case of lust. Actually lust doesnt cut it' date=' the better word(in Hindi/Urdu whatever) is [i']Hawas. Remember the good old days when all the Mallu blue phillum would be released with "Hawas" in the title some place, as in - Hawas ke Pujaari, Hawasi Darinde, Shaitaan ki Hawas etc etc.
Achcha achchha hawas shant ho jayegi roti girgirati larki ko dekh ke

Guest dada_rocks

Tics barakhambha road mein indian equivalent of strip-bar hota hai.. Live girls theatre mein dance karti hain taking off their cloths one by one.. Mera friend bol raha tha in some shows girls come wiht balloon dress and all the audience are served pin and she roams around in audience and u get to puncture those baloons till she is in birthday suit.. PS: Apo ye main nahin tha mera dost hi tha I know what u must be thinking, kahani mein bas character badal ke main suna raha hun:haha:

Tics barakhambha road mein indian equivalent of strip-bar hota hai.. Live girls theatre mein dance karti hain taking off their cloths one by one.. Mera friend bol raha tha in some shows girls come wiht balloon dress and all the audience are served pin and she roams around in audience and u get to puncture those baloons till she is in birthday suit..
Ab main jindagi bhar baloon ko doosre nigah se dekhunga :nervous: