Niranjan Shah is a visionary

Mr. Wicket

Rewind a few months back. Dravid tells the BCCI's cretin in chief that India needs more than one three day warmup game in Australia. The prince buffoon responds that India's team has 'professionals', so one match should suffice. (After all, we still need to work on fitting 133 ODIs into our home season.) So now we have it, thanks to the man who can do no right for Indian cricket. One warmup game because of our ''tight schedule'' (i.e. TOO MANY F&CKING ODIS) and a grand total of 48 overs of preparation coming into the MCG test. Gah. I await the day that Niranjan Shah loses his throne and power in the BCCI.

People like Niranjan Shah are the curse of Indian cricket. I would be surprised if he has ever lifted a bat in his life. It is no surprise that BCCI, being managed by ignorant idiots like him, keeps muddling up key issues like team schedules, coach selection. As long as we have political appointment within the BCCI, the players and the nation will continue to suffer from the illogical decisions taken by these fools. I would be terribly surprised if any of these officials have even an iota of a rapport with our cricketers. And anways, it would be incredibly difficult for players like Sachin, Rahul to sit across the table with these geniuses and talk cricket , when their opening comments would be something along the lines of , " Congrats Sachin ! I believe this is the first time you have scored 40 ODI centuries ! "

kr: Dalmiya actually *did* some good things. Pawar's too busy with all his other political commitments to actually screw up that much, and is still capable of doing some decent work. What we have with Niranjan Shah, Se-cretin-ary in Chief, is a person with a monstrous ego who plays only to suit his own monstrous ego, with the Indian team coming a distant second or third in terms of priority. He's incompetent, arrogant, believes he's always right and for the most part rarely is.

There are far too many ODIs played these days and it is the reason that tour matches cannot be fitted in. Simply put, seven ODIs is ludicrous. Two 7 match series against Australia and England adds up to 14 ODIs, take away 2 from each series and that is four extra days, not to mention the rest imbetween ODIs and you have plenty of time for one, maybe two more tour games. It sounds so simple, it makes you think that there is something else but money involved...it is a shame that there isn't.