Do you support Donald trump?

Shivaji bhonsle

I'm voting republican if Hillary wins nomination which she will since she has bought everyone..probably her deal in staying with Bill all these years after the scandal. Now she's reaping the benefits. Bill speaking everywhere getting votes for her. 

Hope some miracle happens and Sanders gets Democratic nomination .. and goes on to become president..he looks the only sane person remaining. Trump is a maniac and loathe that b!tch hillary for what she has said and done as Secretary of state. 

Edited by Mahaa Raavana

American public (atleast large number of them) can easily be manipulated with hate mongering, fear mongering.

Including the Dems who seem to be voting for him in the open primaries?  Wonder what the explanation is for him winning all the open ones and losing the closed one.  

Good god how did Trump garner so many votes? Did anyone watch him at the debate in Detroit. what a joker..talking about his penis size. He has no clue about foreign policy. Flip flopped several times. John Kasich seemed to be the only mature nominee and I liked Rubio. 

The US has many problems:

More less paying temporary jobs, less high paying permanent jobs.

Massive Govt. Debt of $19tn and growing. Over 100% of GDP.

Massive trade deficit especially with China.

Crashing manufacturing base.

The economy is artificially kept stable by QEs and zero interest rates. 

-------

My take:

To correct these massive imbalances, something big should happen such as  Trump becoming POTUS or the end of petrodollar, and dollar ceases to be the world reserve currency.

Else the imbalances will only keep growing. 

The US has many problems:

More less paying temporary jobs, less high paying permanent jobs.

Massive Govt. Debt of $19tn and growing. Over 100% of GDP.

Massive trade deficit especially with China.

Crashing manufacturing base.

The economy is artificially kept stable by QEs and zero interest rates. 

-------

My take:

To correct these massive imbalances, something big should happen such as  Trump becoming POTUS or the end of petrodollar, and dollar ceases to be the world reserve currency.

Else the imbalances will only keep growing. 

If you truly believe all of that, be sure not to vote for a Democrat, especially Bernie Sanders.  The country does not need Trump or Bernie.  They need someone like John Kasich - a boring but strong, steady negotiator who can work on getting everything done that you mentioned.  Problem is that people would rather vote for a charismatic, soundbite spouting feel-gooder who appeals to their emotions.  For those reasons, guys like Huntsman and Kasich (and to a lesser extent, Mitt Romney) - guys who talk about boring things like national debt - stand no chance.   

And please no one bring up the fact that the 2015 deficit was lower.  The relevant number is debt, and it is still going upward.   Unemployment rates are lower because more people have stopped looking for jobs, lowering the denominator in BLS employment calculations.  Plus, like you mentioned, we have entered the era of a "gig" economy.  Part-time jobs with less emphasis on career-building.  

Edited by Moth2Flame

If you truly believe all of that, be sure not to vote for a Democrat, especially Bernie Sanders.  The country does not need Trump or Bernie.  They need someone like John Kasich - a boring but strong, steady negotiator who can work on getting everything done that you mentioned.  Problem is that people would rather vote for a charismatic, soundbite spouting feel-gooder who appeals to their emotions.  For those reasons, guys like Huntsman and Kasich (and to a lesser extent, Mitt Romney) - guys who talk about boring things like national debt - stand no chance.   

And please no one bring up the fact that the 2015 deficit was lower.  The relevant number is debt, and it is still going upward.   Unemployment rates are lower because more people have stopped looking for jobs, lowering the denominator in BLS employment calculations.  Plus, like you mentioned, we have entered the era of a "gig" economy.  Part-time jobs with less emphasis on career-building.  

A guy who projects a macho image would be loved by the public. Remember Modi' s 56 inch chest comment? Or putin's make over as a martial arts student?

Kasic is alright. He is okay because everyone else is terrible on the Republican side. But Ohio residents laught me when i say Kasich is reasonable. Basically everyone sucks balls. I would rather live with status quo (Hillary). 

You love anecdotes, no?  Everyone has met someone in someone's state who thinks someone sucks balls.  In 2008, my cousins in Chicago thought BHO did too.  The only (almost) universally loved Presidents today are Lincoln and Kennedy.   

I havent listened to Kasich yet. Would listen.

But i do think tht best chance for Trump haters is brokered convention. If he becomes nominee vs Hillary, he has strong chance, I think.

Also, the kind of imbalances there are in the global economy right now it'll take something extremely drastic to correct it. The crash of USD by the end of petrodollar by middle East reorientation or by Trump becoming president is what I am guessing

Think about this - a country(USA) with crashing manufacturing base, massive trade deficit, growing public debt (has grown by $ 10 trillion in Obama era iirc), working age population abt to shrink etc - why should it remain the reserve currency?

And when that materializes, it would probably give rise to a common global currency to be used all over the world..

Edited by randomGuy

You love anecdotes, no?  Everyone has met someone in someone's state who thinks someone sucks balls.  In 2008, my cousins in Chicago thought BHO did too.  The only (almost) universally loved Presidents today are Lincoln and Kennedy.   

No.. Not just one. Many many ohio guys share the same. I still think he is the only one with some substance . Also in terms of experience he stands out there.  But what are the odds it would even go to convention. Even if it goes there what are the odds he would be the choice as establishment is totally behind Rubio. But top 2 are the least favorites of Establishment. Let me put this way.. i won't regret him winning the election. Rubio looks very inexperienced. Cruz is going far too right.  Kasich is somewhat a balanced guy whom i can live with.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Specifically, what are their criticisms of him?  Fiscal?  Social?  Immigration?  All?

I agree that he stands no chance, but I will probably vote for him in the NC primary (thankfully the Repub primary is semi-closed, i.e., independents can vote too).  Before that, I'd like to know what the criticisms are.  

Edited by Moth2Flame

I havent listened to Kasich yet. Would listen.

But i do think tht best chance for Trump haters is brokered convention. If he becomes nominee vs Hillary, he has strong chance, I think.

Also, the kind of imbalances there are in the global economy right now it'll take something extremely drastic to correct it. The crash of USD by the end of petrodollar by middle East reorientation or by Trump becoming president is what I am guessing

Think about this - a country(USA) with crashing manufacturing base, massive trade deficit, growing public debt (has grown by $ 10 trillion in Obama era iirc), working age population abt to shrink etc - why should it remain the reserve currency?

And when that materializes, it would probably give rise to a common global currency to be used all over the world..

Interesting thought on global currency.  

Specifically, what are their criticisms of him?  Fiscal?  Social?  Immigration?  All?

I agree that he stands no chance, but I will probably vote for him in the NC primary (thankfully the Repub primary is semi-closed, i.e., independents can vote too).  Before that, I'd like to know what the criticisms are.  

Most of the negative comments i found on FB over many topics of discussion.  May be he is not that bad.. reading this reddit discussion 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PoliticalDiscussion/comments/3yty22/ohioans_what_do_you_think_of_kasich_and/