Oi Oi Aussie

Dhondy

I didn't realize(until a few months ago) that Hogg carried such a poor bowling average in 1st class cricket. He has all the tools that a leg spinner needs so i don't understand how he has managed to average 40 in 1st class cricket! Does he play for a weak team?
He plays for WA. The WACA usually offers him decent bounce, and they've got a solid lineup - not outstanding, but very respectable. His figures today were ridiculous. At one point when none of the other bowlers went above 2.5 an over, Hogg was nearing 5 an over. Only his last few overs against the tailenders brought his economy rate near respectability. 2/82 in 21 overs, out of a total of 196. Mediocre. Tendulkar manhandled his bowling with the contempt it deserved. Hope we see more of that in the second innings.

Bhajji forever will be a loser. None of the two wickets in this innings was earned by Bhajji, Punter's was an umpiring gaffe (which Punter more than deserves for his earlier let off) and the other was Clarkey's brain fart. Having said that, this is the best i have seen Bhajji bowl in close to 2 years, in a test match. He bowled with flight, spin, turn & bounce. But he still doesnt seem good enuff to pick wickets on his own. For all the backing he has received he better pay us off with a couple of 5fers in this series.

Bhajji bowled superbly today..I laugh at some haters who dont know **** abt cricket ..Hes is our second best spinner and he must play....If he was lucky to get pontng cuz of umpiring fuk up ..he was equally unlucky that dhoni missed a easy stumping off ponting off him earlier. He is much better than unproven murli arthik...
Bhajji has been backed for over 20 mediocre tests. He better pay us back with some 5fers. Taking couple of wickets in each innings, once in a while, is not good enough. Every bowler worth his salt can do that. Even in his successful spell (when he's bowling well), his figures read 2 for 86. Thats an average of 43.00 (stinks)

Two days left in the series, and the Surd Turd has been an abject failure. Some of the most brainless bowling I've seen in a long time, showing a complete incapability to bowl on flat tracks or to adapt to these challenges. The series average is now into the 60s, strike rate of a wicket every 19 overs, and the bowling attack is far worse for it. Pity Ishant, Kumble or anyone else who has had to bowl in tandem with him. Heck, even Sehwag completely outbowled him. Time for the Surd Turd to be given the boot.

Salil, why pick on him? did anyone do anything significant anyways Its way flat man, and he got some turn here and there but this is a draw man.. Apart from this match, bhajjis is no more penetrating and lethal...people read him now, we need someone new You watch lotta domestic, who is a good offie

It's not the question of doing anything significant. Harbhajan barely tried. On such a wicket, you need to work to make things happen. Look at how Kumble toiled, look at how Ishant worked on reversing the ball, trying different angles and still troubling the batsmen. And on the other hand, Harbhajan did the worst thing any bowler can do on this track - bowled flat, often too short and quick to avoid being hit too easily while never flighting it and attacking. Even with 500+ runs on the board to back him up. As far as offies, not that many. But in terms of spinners, I really rate Rajesh Pawar - think he's worth a recall (no clue why he slipped off the selection radar after being picked to tour Bangladesh last yr) in Bhaji's place. Fine finger spinner, canny, experienced and always trying to outwit the batsman. At worst, he's a fine team man who'll do the job his captain asks him to.