Oi Oi Aussie

Dhondy

He's done it again, folks. He's managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the team management yet again. For averaging 44 with the ball against Pakistan at home, the skip decided to reward Bhajji for his intrepid press interviews by giving him another undeserved Test cap. The spoils of 2001 continue to ring the tills in the Bhajji household. And this time, it's been at the expense of a man who picked up a 5-fer in his first Test match on a dead track. It's the opening day of a Test match in Australia, and you have Ganguly trudging in as the 3rd seamer. You'd think the match was being played in Chennai. India's fascination with this loser continues. Alas, it's the end of my patience as well. I am firmly rooting for the Aussies this series. Quite clearly, they deserve to win, and we don't, with these kind of brainfarts. It's OK to make a mistake once, maybe twice, but to do it again....and again....and again? Oi, Oi Aussie! Oh, and f*ck you, Bhajji.

regardless of how bhajji bowls now in next remaining 2 sessions and the whole test match.. i really would have liked Irfan pathan to play.. atleast our batting line would have got one extra batsman and plus a seamer..won't have been sad to see Ishant either p.s - it's just first test.. so yaa come on INDIA and we are yet to bat

He's done it again, folks. After four years, he's finally managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the team management again. For going wicketless in his last couple of first class games, pulling that f/c average closer to 40 runs per wicket (now 39.6), the skip decided to reward Hoggy for his energy in the field and handful of strokes by giving him another undeserved Test cap. The spoils of the ODI game continue to ring the tills in the Hoggy household. And this time, it's been at the expense of a man capable of blitzing through most batting lineups, clocking 150+ k's regularly, taking wickets in all forms of the game and in red hot form. India are touring Australia, and a joker with a first class average of nearly 40, and a test average of 50 is being picked. You'd think the opposition is Zimbabwe. Oh, wait, even when he last played them, he got outbowled by Simon Katich taking 1 wicket to Kat's 6 in the second innings on a turner. Australia's fascination with this bred-for-ODIs joker continues. Alas, it's the end of my patience as well. I hope that man gets slaughtered, so Tait or someone else deserving can come in and soon. Quite clearly, Australia deserve to win being the better side, but I'm losing a little goodwill with their willingness to pick an average journeyman spinner for the sake of having a spinner, rather than picking the next world class bowler in their ranks who shone so well at the World Cup. He's nearly 37, his first class career is nearing its 15th year and he still averages less than 2 wickets per game and buys his wickets at 40 apiece in the domestics. Oh, and f*ck you, Hoggy. And f*ck you too, Bhajji. Two horribly undeserving spinners keeping out younger, hungrier, far more talented and much more deserving quicks in this game. Disgraceful.

This is a serious blot on Kumble's intelligence that he has opted to choose Bhajji. Bhajji is like the worst ever and should not have even made it to the team squad, and should be made to sit out even at Sydney. Why in the world should Kumble select HS into the 11? Who are the people who select the 11? Captain + seniors? Captain + seniors + selector-on-tour? Why didn't someone advise Kumble on this!?? (or maybe they did advise and gave crap ones!)

The worst is yet to come though. Irrespective of his performance in this match, he is a shoo-in for Sydney because it's a "spinning track" and India have no other spinners. It's the greatest con of the 21st century. Only it's the habildar from Punjab police who's perpetrating it.

Harbhajan Singh has been receiving unbelievable backing from the team management. I dunno whether they consider his experience vital or still think he can take wickets, but he was very lucky to be even in the squad, let alone in the team. I suppose he didnt bowl "badly" on the first day. 20 overs for 60 runs in a total of 340 in 90 overs is not that bad. He needs to take some wickets though.

Harbhajan Singh has been receiving unbelievable backing from the team management. I dunno whether they consider his experience vital or still think he can take wickets, but he was very lucky to be even in the squad, let alone in the team. I suppose he didnt bowl "badly" on the first day. 20 overs for 60 runs in a total of 340 in 90 overs is not that bad. He needs to take some wickets though.
Thats ODI type bowling. He is good for 20-20 containing Economy rate bowling, and sometimes for 50-50s. Tests, sorry even the Whale Ramesh Powar will bowl better in Tests.

Bhajji's bowling record in the last two years: 29 wickets in 20 innings @ 51.9, and a SR of 98. These stats actually flatter him, because in three of those innings, he took 5-fers against WI and Pakistan (at Kolkata). The killer stats is this though: Including this one at Melbourne, he has gone wicketless for 9 innings during that period. Shabash Habildar! Need I say more? If experience is what matters, Sehwag should have been playing this Test ahead of Yuvraj. Post edited: errors corrected.

He's done it again, folks. After four years, he's finally managed to pull the wool over the eyes of the team management again. For going wicketless in his last couple of first class games, pulling that f/c average closer to 40 runs per wicket (now 39.6), the skip decided to reward Hoggy for his energy in the field and handful of strokes by giving him another undeserved Test cap. The spoils of the ODI game continue to ring the tills in the Hoggy household. And this time, it's been at the expense of a man capable of blitzing through most batting lineups, clocking 150+ k's regularly, taking wickets in all forms of the game and in red hot form. India are touring Australia, and a joker with a first class average of nearly 40, and a test average of 50 is being picked. You'd think the opposition is Zimbabwe. Oh, wait, even when he last played them, he got outbowled by Simon Katich taking 1 wicket to Kat's 6 in the second innings on a turner. Australia's fascination with this bred-for-ODIs joker continues. Alas, it's the end of my patience as well. I hope that man gets slaughtered, so Tait or someone else deserving can come in and soon. Quite clearly, Australia deserve to win being the better side, but I'm losing a little goodwill with their willingness to pick an average journeyman spinner for the sake of having a spinner, rather than picking the next world class bowler in their ranks who shone so well at the World Cup. He's nearly 37, his first class career is nearing its 15th year and he still averages less than 2 wickets per game and buys his wickets at 40 apiece in the domestics. Oh, and f*ck you, Hoggy. And f*ck you too, Bhajji. Two horribly undeserving spinners keeping out younger, hungrier, far more talented and much more deserving quicks in this game. Disgraceful.
I didn't realize(until a few months ago) that Hogg carried such a poor bowling average in 1st class cricket. He has all the tools that a leg spinner needs so i don't understand how he has managed to average 40 in 1st class cricket! Does he play for a weak team?