Slow outfield a part of Aussie strategy?

novpj

Looking at the match it seems like a big difference between the teams is running between the wickets and fitness levels. A look at how Ganguly, laxman and SRT score would reveal that they rely a lot on fours. Could it be that the slow outfields are a part of Aussie strategy to make Indians work (run) for their runs and slow them down. I am not implying this is unfair - just that this might be a part of a well thought out strategy.

novpj, it could be their strategy. Aussies work hard and make use of each and every small strategy, and surely they are 200% better fielders and run better between wickets. Do you remember that when HS threw the ball...while the ball was in air, Clark and Symmo? started! and completed a run. Thats how they play their cricket. Super!

In India people criticize Oldies of not running well , poor fielding abilities bleh bleh. Look @ Haydos, this man is nearing 34 and still plays like a beast. His running between the wickets has not deteriorated, he fields with enthusiasm. There is hardly any chance he gives to his critics when it comes to fitness. Ausi's are hardly carrying a 'young gun' in their unit, yet they're fit. Age has nothing to do with cricketing abilities and fitness. Its on the individual how they prepare themselves for the game (both physically and mentally). You can hate the ausi's for being arrogant and what not. But you to have to admire the amount of hard work they put in cricket.

In India people criticize Oldies of not running well , poor fielding abilities bleh bleh. Look @ Haydos, this man is nearing 34 and still plays like a beast. His running between the wickets has not deteriorated, he fields with enthusiasm. There is hardly any chance he gives to his critics when it comes to fitness. Ausi's are hardly carrying a 'young gun' in their unit, yet they're fit. Age has nothing to do with cricketing abilities and fitness. Its on the individual how they prepare themselves for the game (both physically and mentally). You can hate the ausi's for being arrogant and what not. But you to have to admire the amount of hard work they put in cricket.
Absolutely right - The hard work and dedication and professionalism is brilliant :hail: I dont mind if India does not win, but I want to see this dedication and strong fightback on day-4 and hopefully we will live to show the fight on day5 as well! (Day 5? I dream, I dream, let me dream :D)