World cup almost over for India

Stuge

As expected, not bad run rate for Pak.  If we lose to Aus, they have every chance of progressing. 

Hopefully we win the remaining matches.  Anything less than a semi final will be a diappointment.

Playing in home conditions, not reaching the final and then winning it will be a major disappointment.

making it just to semis won't cut it I'm afraid.

BD team is currently low at the moment. It should be an easy game for Ind.

You have batsmen who are in good nick such as Tamim, Sabbir, Shakib and Mahmudullah. Sarkar plays well against Ind too .... And they have nothing to lose so can play freely. Only one or two of them have to do well to put pressure on Ind .... Mustafizur appears to be in good bowling rhythm as well 

Edited by rett

You have batsmen who are in good nick such as Tamim, Sabbir, Shakib and Mahmudullah. Sarkar plays well against Ind too .... And they have nothing to lose so can play freely. Only one or two of them have to do well to put pressure on Ind .... Mustafizur appears to be in good bowling rhythm as well 

Most of them are average..easy win coming.

If India get WI in SF I think SF should be canceled and India should be given direct Final entry , Windies Rockstars won't ever risk IPL contract

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but WI have in fact beaten India in 2 WT20 encounters that I remember. In 2009, I think Bravo played a match winning innings and in 2010, we lost every game in the Super 8 and there was a game against them. Even then IPL existed and WI players were there. That time they never gifted the match to us. 

Edited by Adi_91

What is the latest on possibilities of qualification in our group after Yesterday's result?

• NZ = Qualified 
  • Ind or Aus can qualify straight by winning their remaining two games. So it would have 3 wins
  • If Ind or Aus cannot win both its remaining two games, other teams get a chance as well provided that they have won a total of two games and also have a good NRR
Edited by rett

The simplest way for India to get to SF would be to win the remaining two matches. However, the best case scenario is for Ind to beat B'desh by a huge margin thereby getting their NRR above Pak and Aus'. Then Pak beats Aus in a very close game which leaves their NRR virtually unchanged. In this scenario, we could get to the SF even if we lose a close game against Aussies! But everything hinges on Ind-B'desh game and India needs to win it convincingly.