I'm not Bhajji's bunny, thunders Ponting - 7 OUT OF 8

arkay

Melbourne (PTI): Ricky Ponting may have fallen to the belligerent off-spinner six times in seven Tests but the Australian captain asserted he is not Harbhajan Singh's bunny and is itching to settle scores in the next Test in Sydney. Ponting, who fell to the spinner in the second innings of the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne, called it just an aberration and gave ample hint that he would do everything to set records right. "We've got a good little battle on our hands," Ponting said. "I'm actually looking forward to Sydney now, especially after he said some of the stuff he has about getting me out. He must have a pretty short memory," he was quoted as saying by 'The Australian'. For the record, Harbhajan removed Ponting on all five occasions in the 2001 series, which included three ducks. Though Ponting was by and large unperturbed in the next two series, in India and Australia, Harbhajan once again threatens to be his bugbear when the offie scalped him in the second innings at the MCG. Ponting admitted Harbhajan has had the better of their exchanges in Test cricket but stressed he had paid the bowler back in one-dayers. "There was a World Cup final and all sorts of things in the middle of it (2001 and last week) he seems to have forgotten about pretty quickly," Ponting said. "He's got a great record against me in Test cricket. It's up to me to get some against him in Sydney," he said. :haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

:regular_smile: Good one, Bumps. I don't fear him at all. I stopped playing in 2002. As far as the Oz team is concerned, they 'fear' nobody. However, they certainly 'respect' any Indian spinner on Indian wickets. As Murali found out (again), offies just don't cut it in Australia.

RT Ponting    A Kumble                16
RT Ponting    Harbhajan Singh         0
RT Ponting    Harbhajan Singh         6
RT Ponting    Harbhajan Singh         11
RT Ponting    Z Khan                  54
RT Ponting    A Nehra                 50
RT Ponting    A Kumble                11
RT Ponting    M Kartik                12
RT Ponting               Z Khan                      4
RT Ponting               Harbhajan Singh          3

so thats 167 Runs at 13.9 with 12 dismissals half of them by Harbi with 3 ducks and 3 single digits and just 2 fifties ...

Thanks BB, I also tried to find this data but couldnt. then probably its worth playing him just because of the above stats.