The Ishant Sharma performance thread

Bowling speed for one of the over of Ishant read as -- 141, 145, 148, 140, 140.9 And that in his 11th consecutive over!! yesterday also Ishant's avg speed was near 140 kmph and fastest around 147kmph. that exactly is mirroring the Lee stats and with a clean high arm not slingshot action. :giggle: we got to look after this kid carefully and not make a Munaf out of him. :(( Munaf had the same stats when he started out and now what he has become today, BCCI babus didn't help him either and Chappel like foreign agents planted in our system will only sabotage us. Key, as always will be the fitness level.

He is 19 so he will fill out a bit too. They should beef him up a bit and build up more upper body strength that will not only increase his speed' date=' but also aid in preventing injury in the longer run.[/quote'] Depends if it is done right. For example, large biceps can lead to shoulder injuries.
Ya...it has to be done properly. Otherwise' date=' he can tighten up as well and loose it altogether. But the BCCI fork out big bucks for physical fitness experts don't they? They should put him on a good regimen under these professionals.[/quote'] Such a thing would not be possible though if he was with the Indian team, which is why I believe he should not be with the full schedule yet.

I agree. They should use him sparingly and not burn him out too quick by overloading him. However, the experience as he has got here is invaluable...and the confidence. Having tormented one of the best batsmen in the world...he now knows how good he is...he knows his own measure and worth at the highest level. The psychological levers are all turned on for him now and he can really shine. Use him in select tests I would say.

His second spell of the day yesterday was simply outstanding. To bowl to batsman of the calibre of Hayden and Ponting' date=' keep them quiet and even better, dismiss one of them with a revere-swinging ball bowled at 143 kmph in the 7th over of the spell is just an awesome performance. Ishant troubled EVERY batsman he bowled at, and that is truly remarkable.[/quote'] But...but, he doesn't eat red meat and has never taken nandro, bro. Are you sure he is good enough to lace Asif's shoes?

he needs to do more before he is hyped up as the next big thing. Indian cricket is littered with fallen heroes who didnt last more than a season or two.Any1 remember Nehra,balaji,Munaf etc. For sure shows promise, but hopefully will carry on to a meaningful career

he needs to do more before he is hyped up as the next big thing. Indian cricket is littered with fallen heroes who didnt last more than a season or two.Any1 remember Nehra,balaji,Munaf etc. For sure shows promise, but hopefully will carry on to a meaningful career
The promise has not been developed only partially due to the bowler's faults. BCCI and selectors are the primary culprits.
But...but, he doesn't eat red meat and has never taken nandro, bro. Are you sure he is good enough to lace Asif's shoes?
Of course not brozz' date=' Asif is the next McGrath. Ishant will be the next Prasad - bonda eating vegetarian medium pacer that he is.[/quote'] Taking from what both of you are saying, Could there be a more damning reflection of Shoiab's career, than Ishant Sharma's performance in Australia ? Here is a 19 year old, playing his debut away series, bowling his heart out in un-friendly conditions, literally shouldering the pace attack of the team and beating the Australian batsman with genuine pace, bounce, swing and more importantly, an iron-like will to give the best for his team. To think a rookie fast bowler withstood 40 overs of intense of fast bowling in which his last over was as quick as the first one, against the best team in the world, on a pitch thats been the graveyard of bowlers is truly impressive. But Shoaib has just been the mirror reflection of what Sharma has been till now. Nearly a decade after his international debut, he continues to play truants on a regular basis, missing team practice sessions, attending late night parties before match days, beating up fellow team members and worse, indulging in drug abuse. And forget those off-field antics, Has he ever gone through a full test match series in the recent past without creating any drama ? His theatrics, visually showing the effects of his injury, during the recent India test series was truly a spectacle to behold. In short, here is a guy, who stands for everything but team ethics and morality, likes to hog all the attention, be in the limelight all the time, playing one of the greatest team sports of all time. The dynamic in itself has inherent contradictions, which can never be sorted out. Sharma's pefromance in Aus helps put in perspective what a pathetic ambassador for Pakistan cricket Shoaib has been. Its a shame he has been allowed to play for his team for as long as he has. Alas, what else can you expect from a nation which itself bases its existence on antagonizing its neighbor ? To put in short, Pakistan cricket, much like the country it represents, is one big screw-up. One would be well advised to keep well away from them.
just stick to cricket. dont act grand and make sweepin remarks about an entire nation based on silly examples.
Why shouldnt I ? I can fully justify my remarks with proper, well-backed argumenst and proof. I am not in the habit of going around ridiculing groups of people just to get some cheap kick out of it. If you have ticker, I am fully ready for a proper debate with you, in the chit-chat forum, where we could discuss the pros and cons of my observations. Are you ready for it ?
debate on this forum? i should know better after havin one with shwetabh and CC1981. one started callin me names and when i emailed him proof....they went silent. so its no use.
Huh? I acknowledged your articles saying that they were backing up your statement and said will try to find out more on the topic and get back. How is that silence? Finding out about India and China's GDP in 1950 is not exactly priority number 1 for me.
debate on this forum? i should know better after havin one with shwetabh and CC1981. one started callin me names and when i emailed him proof....they went silent. so its no use.
Nice escape, good on you ! :two_thumbs_up:
and before you belittle pakistan.....you'd do well to look whats happening in india...its not a pretty picture.
That is the thing you see, I never ever intended to make this an India vs Pakistan thing to begin with. I just stated my observations, which i considered reasonable enough, on Pakistan. Now, you ask me what I feel about India and I will give you my opinions of it separately. Unlike what most of Pakistan does, I dont judge/rate India based on how bad her neighbor is doing and that i think is the single most fundamental difference between the two countries. And before you compare India to Pakistan, please, stop and think. India is light years ahead of Pakistan as far as nation building and institutions of social harmony are concerned. Anyways, dont want to make this a India V Pakistan thread. If you want to continue this, open a separate thread in the chit-chat forum and we will take it from there.