Serious Question : why do our Players put up with this Umpiring

Guest BossBhai

Isn't it obvious that our star players like SRT , Dravid , VVS etc lack the intestinal fortitude to take any stand .. they know that their star power will not diminish even if they don't take any stand .. just look around in ICF , players like Sachin will be still revered in a godly manner by most posters even after zillion such incidents ... If fans take players to task , then we would see some ripple effect, until then make your peace. BTW , BCCI babus are useless , trust them to hide behind the players ..

we need to be like pakis for once... and kick out the stumps and walk off!! :D
I'd have been very happy had Ishant Sharma and Kumble done this. Kick off the stumps and walked off after the clear caught behind for Symmo was denied. What? We'll forfeit the match. Thats ok with me. Fines? BCCI can afford that. We shud not put up with this nonsense from Bucknor, and I'd rather we kicked the stumps and walked off and forfeited. I'd have felt better than have to put up with B.S. of having to take Symmo wicket three times!!!!
Guest Hiten.

you need a TOUGH captain to protest this. Ranatunga was the best (in subcontinent) when it came to defending his team ON FIELD. Darly Hair called no-ball when murali was chucking (according to hair), ranatunga bared the decision 2 times....and then he is off the field, he made the umpire look silly. Inzy too, displayed this.... SG did protest but it was after the series /match ended.

Isn't it obvious that our star players like SRT ' date=' Dravid , VVS etc lack the intestinal fortitude to take any stand .. they know that their star power will not diminish even if they don't take any stand .. just look around in ICF , players like Sachin will be still revered in a godly manner by most posters even after zillion such incidents ... If fans take players to task , then we would see some ripple effect, until then make your peace. BTW , BCCI babus are useless , trust them to hide behind the players ..[/quote']I doubt with your statement of lack of guts. If that were the case they wouldn't still go and fight (ie play) knowing the possibilities and likelihood of more injustice. In fact, it's not the players' duty to complain, it should be done by BCCI morons.
Doesnt add up KR .. because bad umpiring only hurts them . what you are saying would be valid if we were recipients of umpiring largesse. More often than not our players get on the wrong end .... you cant say they are not aware or concerned about it ... RD ' date=' AK and SRT are the biggest recipients of Umpiring muckups.[/quote'] Keep in mind Hair got booted out because of Pakistani players ... Our players are too gentlemanly ... only thing that may stir them up for action is if masses turn against them . Remember how Sachin broke the BCCI code of conduct after the WC and publicly dissented against Chappelll when he came to realize that public opinion was starting to turn against his favor because of Chappell... Again , I agree that BCCI babus are useless .. they don't care as long as the coffers are full .
Guest Hiten.

BCCI can only act after the game. Players have to protest the 'wrong' decisions on field. By protesting, I don't mean the way Pakistani's protested vs England. You have to contest the decision, by asking the umpire to refer it to 3rd umpire. Meh..... what am i talking about ? 3rd umpire bhi g@@ndu hain saala :hysterical: BCCI has money power, why can't they succumb ICC, so that we get fair and square umpires in the games we play ?

Neither our players nor the BCCI are strong enuff to pull this off. Tho, the initiative has to come from the BCCI, more than the players. At any given point in time, many of our players are too consumed about their form and/or are focussed on securing their future. So their mind is not on this one. The political nature of the BCCI means many players are unsure whom to trust & whom not to, within the BCCI, as anything u say may be used against you, in the future. So they all look after themselves at the expense of our nation. If the victim were Hayden or Ponting and it costs them a series, both the Aussie players & their board would raise a stinker about it, unanimously. Thats the kinda focussed effort it takes to get a long term resolution to these problems. Forget players, how about former players turned commentators (Gavaskar, Shastri et al). They are the first to complain about Bucknor, but are also the first amongst the morons who played down technology as an alternative. We deserve to be screwed for being hypocrites. Gavaskar complained about Barry Richard's innocous comments in SA & whined about how Indian media must not employ him. What was he doing when Bucknor was honored in that Diamond Jubilee celebratrion in Kolkatta couple of years back.

I have some worthwhile arguments to contribute to this thread' date=' but I suppose its better for me to stay out, there is no point.[/quote'] MM, Do contribute. I dont think you fear being heckled, but maybe it is boredom for you. But still, post your arguments.